Games -> Movies?

Skully

You see many movies that poorly attempt to create a game based upon themselves, especially from Disney. They are pretty much always garbage.

But have you ever thought of it from the other point of view? There are many great games with equally good stroylines that could be made into such great films. You guys ever thought about this?

I'd love them to make a series of Elder Scrolls films.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Meh.

When a game hits the big screen, it usually does poorly, as if you make a movie into a game, it usually does poorly(except Goldeneye, that was good).

Movies and games just don't mix in my opinion.

I'd love them to make a series of Elder Scrolls films.

What gaming fanatic wouldn't...but I can pretty much guarantee that the movies would be horribly cheesy, with bad dialouge and FX. (Unless of course it was made by a director with a name :P)

That's just really now it works...people adapt things likes games and books into movies just to make a quick buck.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Lara Croft, hm.

Movie-based games usually suck, and the opposite would most likely be true.

Other than Lord of the Rings, books, movies and games should mainly stay separate.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I was about to say the Oblivion storyline is too short to make a movie out of, but then I realized while a 15 hour main quest in a game is short it could make a very long movie.

I'd be more interested in a F3 movie, but which ending would they give?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I was about to say the Oblivion storyline is too short to make a movie out of, but then I realized while a 15 hour main quest in a game is short it could make a very long movie.

They could make different endings. Maybe. Actually I have no idea since I've never played the game.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

(except Goldeneye, that was good).

Games seem hard to make into movies. Harder than books. I mean, they're already animated, and many of them are based on real events, or real things with a twist (How many people would pay to see a madden nfl movie, or a motorstorm one? :P). But they can be made. The Halo movie, thus far, actually looks like it might be pretty good. A Grand Theft Auto movie would probably be cool, but not based on any of the games.

I think movie studios creating videogames and game studios creating movies would be a cool deal. Because a lot of games could have movies made that only relate to them - for example, the Halo series had a [cabbage] load of books that sold pretty good (and were alright reads). Replace the word "books" with "feature presentations".

Then, movies -> games, just no, for even more reasons. Movies are even less able to be all crazy and [cabbage]. And a lot of the things they're based on are already games. Like, a Mirror's Edge movie would be kinda cool, because it's not realistic at all. Band of Brothers game? Oh, wait. Need for sp- oh.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I think Gears of War would make a good film, if they added some actual story.

Buff guys, aliens, and chainsaws. So cool it doesn't need a story, in fact the only way it could get cooler is if the guns had breasts and were on fire!....

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Buff guys, aliens, and chainsaws. So cool it doesn't need a story, in fact the only way it could get cooler is if the guns had breasts and were on fire!....

I think the unholy marriage of Chainsaws and Guns would be enough.

(Though I wouldn't say no to some zombie massacre)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You took the quote from the wrong review. =/

Beyond Good and Evil would be fun to watch.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

One word: Doom. But I guess if they did it right, it could be good.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You took the quote from the wrong review. =/

Beyond Good and Evil would be fun to watch.

I like applying that quote to everything.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I always played L4D like a movie.You know,helpless girl goes to another helpless girl and,what do you know,instead of a lesbian scene,you get a bunch of other guys screaming curses at you for why you did that.And then I answer "Didn't you want a lesbian scene?"

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

i always found high school musical and harry potter to be the biggest piece of crap to enter the gaming market. imo, they should stick to movies so it doesn't get a bad reputation for creating poorly designed games.

If you could keep Uwe Boll out of the way, then games to movies aren't quite a bad idea.

That is only if there is a strong plot (Like Elder Scrolls), and a premise that doesn't need millions to be spent in special effects.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Only with the right devoted writer, director, and producer could this be done correctly. Make some guy only in it for the money WILL screw it all up before they even started filming.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Eh, I reckon videogames and movies and most entertainment will start getting more intertwined - in a good way - by the time our generation gets into our thirties and so. We've been exposed to games and everything our whole lives, so we could actually understand it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

They could make different endings. Maybe. Actually I have no idea since I've never played the game.

The good ending could be the theater version and the rest could be deleted scenes for the dvd version :D

Yeah, but who says that the Good Ending would be the best?

Honestly, they'd need to have a version for every ending, with enough changes between them in order to prevent us from feeling ripped off.

Ahwell, maybe when there comes the day that we can vote for things in movies while watching it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198