[ Scrubs ]-Best T.V series of all time?

88_click

Scrubs is definitely my favourite show. One of the only shows that has many laugh-out-loud moments in every show.

Sure other shows are funny like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but as they get older, the newer episodes arent as good. Even though I still enjoy watching new Family Guy episodes, a lot of the humour is getting old and long and not really funny.

But with Scrubs, there are only some occasional unfunny moments and the quality of the episodes have only gone down slightly with some of the newer seasons, but they've obviously noticed that as Season 8 seems to be of higher quality and it's going to be the last season of Scrubs so they don't kill it.

South Park > Scrubs
Even though I've only watched a few episodes of South Park, I just don't find kids mumbling swear words funny.

So in my opinion, Scrubs is one of the best TV shows, and as far as comedy's go - easily the best.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nabbagad,

How do you watch Scrubs,

I live in sydney too, and the only time it comes is at about 10:30.

You have DVDs or Torrent ?

Well I started watching it on the comedy channel as they show Season 1 - 4 quite a lot. So I bought season 5 and 6 on DVD (not too long before they showed it on the comedy channel).

With season 7 I started watching it on channel 7, but as you know channel 7 seems to hate scrubs so I just bought the DVD.

With season 8 though, my friend downloaded the first 4 episodes so I saw them on his computer. (I'll probably end up buying the DVD when it comes out)

nabsigmar2011.png

Seeing how this is a Scrubs discussion thread, have you guys seen any of the webisodes [interns]?

From what I heard, if they go ahead with a spin off show it would be like that. At first I was kind of against the idea but after a bit of thinking I reckon it could be alright. I'm sure it wouldn't be near the quality of Scrubs episodes but I'm sure fans of Scrubs would be interested in other stories at Sacred Heart through new characters.

nabsigmar2011.png

Seeing how this is a Scrubs discussion thread, have you guys seen any of the webisodes [interns]?

From what I heard, if they go ahead with a spin off show it would be like that. At first I was kind of against the idea but after a bit of thinking I reckon it could be alright. I'm sure it wouldn't be near the quality of Scrubs episodes but I'm sure fans of Scrubs would be interested in other stories at Sacred Heart through new characters.

It won't be good. Remember what happened after Friends ended? The result was horrific.

It won't be good. Remember what happened after Friends ended? The result was horrific.

It's true that most spin offs don't go very well, but some turn out better than the original show. (Not that I'm thinking it will be better than Scrubs)

Still, I'm gonna give it a chance, if it does happen.

nabsigmar2011.png

Wow they actually started showing season 8 in Australia, started last Thursday.

It usually takes a year for them to show it to us here, maybe it has something to do with the new Channel it's on in America.

Anyway, I saw a few more episodes and I'm really enjoying them, they've definitely improved the quality of them from the last few seasons :)

nabsigmar2011.png

It's alright, but as far as sitcoms go the only one that comes close to greatest series of all times is M*A*S*H. Anyway, I've caught up on season eight the past two days. My favourite random moment was during the Sesame Street episode:

"I think I see what the problem is. You have a hand inside of you."

"That explains so many things."

The best one I've seen is when JD and Turk go to visit some guy, but he has super intelligent ostriches in his yard, and they chase them both into a tree.

Then JD manages to get to the house while Turk goes back, then Turk comes flying through the window, JD looks at him and Turk says, 'there was one waiting in the car'.

That made me laugh a lot.

This is a perfect example of how the later seasons got. The whole show shifted, really, and that's what pissed me off the most. I love Scrubs. I always will, and it will probably always be my favorite show. I must state this first before I go on to openly bash it for the first time in my life. The shows after Season 3 (Season 4 and 5 push it, but the rest are no questions), however, except for a few gems, are crap. Or, at least a completely different show. Seasons 1-3 (though even as early as Season 3 can you see the shift) were gold. Absolutely beautiful. But now it's a completely different show! The jokes are awful and constant, and I wonder how such a cast can sit by and continue on. I don't even like the shift you see in general graphical quality. Instead of being more dramadey than comedy, it's now almost completely comedical with a few good moments.

The episode where Dr. Kelso leaves is definitely one of the episodes where you see great moments, but it reminds me of an end of the stretched era where Scrubs was [bleep]ing awesome. Dr. Kelso is an example of Scrubs being good, because I was usually never bored when he talked (much like the Janitor). But now that he's gone, Scrubs seems hopeless.

[bleep]. Bring me back to the time where the producers or whoever made it that way dimmed the general lighting of the show (I don't care what was said in My Life in Four Cameras, the lighting has become bring and saturated) and the mood was sort of melancholy-like, I guess. Scrubs has had a great run time, but I want a grand increase in show quality. That being said, I'll still try and watch the new episodes to keep up with what Scrubs is dishing out. So far, it's not looking good.

Scrubs was golden when it was good. Nobody can deny that. For all the haters out there: Watch Season 1.