Magic underpowered? Think again! ~+~+OVER-HAULED~+~+

warrior5024

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion for helms... the full slayer helmet is pretty good. Comapred to Ahrim's Hood, you're exchanging 3 points of magic attack for 20 points of melee defense and 30 points of range defense, as well as a +10 magic defense boost. For me, that helm seems to provide the best balance of magic offense to overall defense.

Have you actually ever gotten a kill with this? Because this guide is really pvp focused, but you don't have any kill pictures or whatever.

Funny, its a guide, not a blog.

If you want to debate again, there is a forum for that, but this isn't it.

But you are saying it is (or was) useful in pvp...

Have you actually ever gotten a kill with this? Because this guide is really pvp focused, but you don't have any kill pictures or whatever.

Magic's only flaw is its lack of consistent KO-power. Other than that, magic will consistently win every fight. The duel arena's the best place to use it

77yLQy8.png

Magic's only flaw is its lack of consistent KO-power. Other than that, magic will consistently win every fight. The duel arena's the best place to use it

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i know this has been a very popular guide but i feel like you really, really need to add pictures of gear and such, it will make it such an easier read.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I like this video more actually. Taco Limey tends to end his fights with some lucky DDS hits most of the times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HWQfea1iyM

This is some real Magic killing :D

i know this has been a very popular guide but i feel like you really, really need to add pictures of gear and such, it will make it such an easier read.

Don't bother asking, Warrior has quit this game and forum a while ago.

I hate it how you can't watch a PK video that wasn't mutilated by crappy software effects nowadays -.- That vid seemed like it had awesome footage but I quit watching it after a minute cuz the video effects were so distracting and obnoxious :\

i thought i was the only one who ever though this lol

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• 4 weeks later...

amazing guide, but i would like to ask, would you sugjest using a chaotic kiteshield, considering its 83 stab defence, 90 slash defence, 86 crush defence and 89 ranged defence, even tho it takes you magic attack bonus down by 15?

lol-1.jpg[

hehe.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

amazing guide, but i would like to ask, would you sugjest using a chaotic kiteshield, considering its 83 stab defence, 90 slash defence, 86 crush defence and 89 ranged defence, even tho it takes you magic attack bonus down by 15?

No.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• 3 weeks later...

I know its a old guide and that Warrior quit a while ago..but still, very useful information. :thumbup:

I'm one of the very few mages who uses mage by itself in pvp and this thread makes me want to go on another bh trip. Sadly, I'm f2p atm though and mage fails in f2p. :angry:

But even though double casting was done away with; which I consider to have been a lazy way of fixing the glitch, mage still can reliably get kills. You just have to remember that mage works by its consistent hits and its ability to prevent players from running..so give yourself enough time to bind them before they can reach the ditch/safezone. If they unequip their armour..take advantage of that. I'm probably going to bring karil x bow and racks next time I go just for that reason..depending on their alch value. I don't want to bring anything that will cause sol to be lost on death.