Magic underpowered? Think again! ~+~+OVER-HAULED~+~+

warrior5024

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive guide on magic. I especially liked the luring aspect.

I just have a hard time figuring out how to lure someone against an obstacle only taking up 1 space.

It's obvious that the picture was a set up with a friend to illustrate a point, but is it really possible to lure someone who's ranging onto a space like that without taking too much damage in the process?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Very impressive guide on magic. I especially liked the luring aspect.

I just have a hard time figuring out how to lure someone against an obstacle only taking up 1 space.

It's obvious that the picture was a set up with a friend to illustrate a point, but is it really possible to lure someone who's ranging onto a space like that without taking too much damage in the process?

just gotta range pray and wear as much magic boosting gear as possible, ignoring your def for a little while then you're set

77yLQy8.png

- The Godswords These mighty weapons can be conjoined with magic to quickly decimate your enemies. Their high hit rates, accuracy, and specials make them very powerful. The most common, and effective, technique to Koing your opponent, quickly and easily, revolves around casting a slow spell, mostly Ice Blitz, then running up to your opponent, and, hopefully, delivering the killing blow. The Armadyl and Bandos Godswords shine with this, as their special attacks increase the damage they do, meaning bigger hits. The Saradomin Godsword can heal what your opponent hits on you, but that can also be done with a Blood Barrage. However, the greatest tactical use for a Godsword would have to be the Zamorak Godswords special, which is basically an Ice Barrage, freezing your opponent for up to 20 seconds. Now, this might seem pointless if you can Ice Barrage, but, if that pesky ranger in Armadyl armor wont be frozen, you can pull this out, freezing him with the special, and safe-spot him (Section 3.1)

O rly?

and you spelled beacon ring as: Beaken ring

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

- Ahrims Staff: On its own, this weapon is seriously lacking. It is two handed, has only a +15 magic attack, and degrades. However, when combined with the rest of the Ahrims set (Hood, Robe Body, Robe Bottoms) it has the effect of lowering your enemies strength level by 5% EACH TIME IT HITS. This is very devastating to a warrior, especially if shadow barrage is cast with it, lowering them a further 15 attack levels. This is most effective in long fights, such as PKing, or when food is being used, as the strength drain is much more deadly when it hits 3-4 times, while, in short fights, the -5 strength is negligible. Be careful when using this weapon though, as it leaves you very open to rangers.

O rly? the special doesnt take effect every time, and the word further is misplaced as the special decreases strength and shadow decreases attack

Do you have like a magician PK video? I'd like to see one of those from you.

I'm sorry, I do not. Muggi might have some of old wilderness, but I'm not 100% sure, I only remember his clips, but I do recall him having some video's on his very very old blog.

how bout wizard?

Wizard boots, being around 300k, are a decent option, but you might as well just earn yourself some infinity boots if you are to frugal to buy them.

And if you were referring to the clip: Wizard boots were rather costly when that was shot, so they weren't such a viable option for risky situations.

R U shur? i mean, having all kind of runes in your inventory and ahrims was pretty costly when that was shot, and wizard boots wouldnt make much of a difference if you are already risking that much

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

- Ahrims Staff: On its own, this weapon is seriously lacking. It is two handed, has only a +15 magic attack, and degrades. However, when combined with the rest of the Ahrims set (Hood, Robe Body, Robe Bottoms) it has the effect of lowering your enemies strength level by 5% EACH TIME IT HITS. This is very devastating to a warrior, especially if shadow barrage is cast with it, lowering them a further 15 attack levels. This is most effective in long fights, such as PKing, or when food is being used, as the strength drain is much more deadly when it hits 3-4 times, while, in short fights, the -5 strength is negligible. Be careful when using this weapon though, as it leaves you very open to rangers.

O rly? the special doesnt take effect every time, and the word further is misplaced as the special decreases strength and shadow decreases attack

I'm sorry, I do not. Muggi might have some of old wilderness, but I'm not 100% sure, I only remember his clips, but I do recall him having some video's on his very very old blog.

how bout wizard?

Wizard boots, being around 300k, are a decent option, but you might as well just earn yourself some infinity boots if you are to frugal to buy them.

And if you were referring to the clip: Wizard boots were rather costly when that was shot, so they weren't such a viable option for risky situations.

R U shur? i mean, having all kind of runes in your inventory and ahrims was pretty costly when that was shot, and wizard boots wouldnt make much of a difference if you are already risking that much

I never needed to skull much when I PK'd with full ahrims - hot-shot melee'rs would just rush me w/ dds specs then I'd freeze them and wear them out after they'd wasted their spec bar and chances of winning

also you're right - it doesn't lower str every time it hits, but the set effect occurs very frequently, and shadow barrage is a one-time effect (until they restore)

77yLQy8.png

A few typos and misplaced modifiers, I'll correct them now. I do realize that the special doesn't activate, hence the "each time it activates," But i'll fix that. Also, 600k in runes was the "norm" for PK'ing, so add another 400k+ to that, and it adds up if you die. Just stick with mystic for risky situations, infinity otherwise.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

A very good in-depth analysis. Examinations of various underrated spells, actual tactics for different scenarios, all very nice :thumbsup:

However, I think breaking a few sections up into more paragraphs or perhaps some bullets, condensing a little, and adding in a few pictures will make this guide all the more enjoyable to read.

Some actual spell combos found to be effective in PvP, FoG, etc would be nice too.

how bout wizard?

I never needed to skull much when I PK'd with full ahrims - hot-shot melee'rs would just rush me w/ dds specs then I'd freeze them and wear them out after they'd wasted their spec bar and chances of winning

also you're right - it doesn't lower str every time it hits, but the set effect occurs very frequently, and shadow barrage is a one-time effect (until they restore)

Release us from our agonising misery, what boots hath thee worn at the time that movie was shot?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Release us from our agonising misery, what boots hath thee worn at the time that movie was shot?

Mystic... no point risking so much more money for such a minuscule boost :P

I wore a magic ammy too since glory would protect over the hood haha

Such effective welfare gear...

77yLQy8.png

Good job, covered everything =D>

82ne2xy.gif

[/bragging] :P

I've hit 26-29 before with blitz-barrage, but it's really hard time time with running forward :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everybody for the support :thumbsup:

I'll be adding and trying to keep this guide in Tip-Top shape for everybody. I've finally gotten back to Magical combat after snagging this little level:

Picture1.png

Thank you all again

Picture2-10.png

I love this information. I'm gonna have to try it out sometime. Also, about the picture above, that place is one of my favorite areas in the game... but the bubbles give me migraines. -.-

Oh well.

Again, very nice guide.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

February 2, 2009.

Added Section 3.3 - Triple Stack combination

Included more information about Obsidian Rings

Added Karil's Crossbow to Weapons.

Check this new trick out, it's really neat.

I hope I've helped people with this, and I do appreciate all who helped me reach the Archive.

Hopefully I'll learn some new tricks with Magic, I love the skill.

Leave a post, comment, pet peeve, or anything.

Picture2-10.png

Very nice guide. Used it to win a couple duel tourneys ::' . Took down a few lvl 130's who forgot their dhide and lvl 115's in Gs's :thumbsup: .

The triple stack combo seems nice; Gonna try it out sometime when I have money again for runes. *26-29-30* :shock: (I think that's the max for the combo).

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

is this possible using bursts and rushes (only 72 mage)

It is possible to use blitz's and bursts, but it is no-where near as effective. Blitz act as the slow spells, and ice burst is an instant.

Still, I highly recommend against this. Grab some runes and get infinity boots from Mage Training to get both exp and money. At lvl 88 magic, you can effectively 1-0n-1 fight with Mage.

Picture2-10.png