Creating new life in old places... But how/where?

NuckingFuts

If there's one thing runescape players are good at, it's determining which places are the best to train certain skills. Adding banks and/or resources close to banks risks changing the best place to train certain skills, leaving the new best place full of players and the old best place nearly abandoned. This is why I think bork-style repeatable minigames are better to breathe life into abandoned places.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many 'dead' places around RuneScape which aren't used by anyone, because there are better cities to do things or simply because of their inaccessibility. But one things what has been bugging me for years is that everything in RuneScape is so freaking cramped! For example Edgeville and Barbarian Village are almost one town, with the Stronghold of player Safety in between them. I think it would be a good idea to program (or whatever they do) some more space between settlements in Gielenor. It would help create the feeling of really travelling the woods and barren lands between cities, instead of barging through someone's backyard to get to the next town, which should be 'miles away'.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Chompy Bird Hunting...

Meyerditch needs something new too. Maybe in a new quest.

Rimminton has Yews

Training Ground near Ardougne is a well-known 99 ranged training place.

And Seer's Village will get an achievement diary. What more do you want?

priest_wiz.png

There are many 'dead' places around RuneScape which aren't used by anyone, because there are better cities to do things or simply because of their inaccessibility. But one things what has been bugging me for years is that everything in RuneScape is so freaking cramped! For example Edgeville and Barbarian Village are almost one town, with the Stronghold of player Safety in between them. I think it would be a good idea to program (or whatever they do) some more space between settlements in Gielenor. It would help create the feeling of really travelling the woods and barren lands between cities, instead of barging through someone's backyard to get to the next town, which should be 'miles away'.

I agree with you. The spaces between important areas should be stretched, but I have serious doubts whether Jagex would consider it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I kind of hope Rimmington doesn't get updated and attract tons of new people. It's a nice place to cut yews on F2P since it's usually empty.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Most of the lands in the east need an update.

This means Canifis all the way to Harmony Island.

Honestly, you only ever see people in Caifis becuase they are there for;

A stage in a Farming Run

Banking for Slayer Tower

Banking for Barrows

General Low Level players/New members doing the 5 or 6 quests around that area. :wall:

Harmony Island - who can honestly say that they have spent a decent amount of time there after the quest? Maybye for farming, but really, its kind of out the way. :thumbdown:

Mort'on especially needs an update. :pray:

Mort'on is home to The Shades of Mort'on minigame - possibly my all time favourite minigame, it gives good (FREE) prayer experience and reasonably good crafting experience.

But nowerdays not many people are there, even in the specified world, becuase the rewards aren't viable - who wants some cloth that sells barely over 1k?

You could make it into Splitbark armour, but for the effort and money it takes, you barely even make 10k profit.

They need to update the minigame specifically, make it more appealing, maybye some new items which you can sell for a profit? :thumbsup:

2v8sgvs.png

A stage in a Farming Run

Banking for Slayer Tower

Banking for Barrows

General Low Level players/New members doing the 5 or 6 quests around that area. :wall:

Harmony Island - who can honestly say that they have spent a decent amount of time there after the quest? Maybye for farming, but really, its kind of out the way. :thumbdown:

Mort'on is home to The Shades of Mort'on minigame - possibly my all time favourite minigame, it gives good (FREE) prayer experience and reasonably good crafting experience.

But nowerdays not many people are there, even in the specified world, becuase the rewards aren't viable - who wants some cloth that sells barely over 1k?

You could make it into Splitbark armour, but for the effort and money it takes, you barely even make 10k profit.

They need to update the minigame specifically, make it more appealing, maybye some new items which you can sell for a profit? :thumbsup:

there is banking for barrows, you just need to do a quest..., its wierd most people dont know that.

sudzy.png

A stage in a Farming Run

Banking for Slayer Tower

Banking for Barrows

there is banking for barrows, you just need to do a quest..., its wierd most people dont know that.

How many people do the Myreque quests for a bank in a dying town?

Not many people use the bank because many forget about it, even if there is an altar about 5 minute's walk from it.

KnightOfDaeth.png

Jackbmck123.png

Put an altar in the east section of Karamja, a bank in Rimmington, and I'll be happy.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sadly I bet they will make mass amounts of minigames, which will be useless. Gnomeball anyone!? :lol: I honestly think that one of the best ways to make this happen, is allow people to sit. Bars are completely and utterly pointless, but could be fun if you could sit and drink. Drinking contests would be even better, but that can't happen. :roll:

[hide=]

A stage in a Farming Run

Banking for Slayer Tower

Banking for Barrows

How many people do the Myreque quests for a bank in a dying town?

Not many people use the bank because many forget about it, even if there is an altar about 5 minute's walk from it.

[/hide]

Oddly enough, i did know about the Burgh de Rott bank.

And i use it all the time when doing shades of mort'on, its highly convnient.

I was merely saying that the minigame itself needs an update because there are very few people who use it.

2v8sgvs.png

Grapple shortcut from Al Kharid to the Abandoned mines. This speeds to travel to everything in the eastern side of the map, and might make it more lively.

gapple.png

That's an awsome idea.

I'd love to see them implementing it ::'

Lider_V.png

Grapple shortcut from Al Kharid to the Abandoned mines. This speeds to travel to everything in the eastern side of the map, and might make it more lively.

gapple.png

That's an awsome idea.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Grapples were the worst idea Jagex could of come up with. Please, add a small agility jump or a bridge that needs agility. Anything other than wasting inventory space for a shortcut.

I never use grapples because they are so inconvenient vs. their usefulness.

Stellactic.gif

Hmm, have any of you guys ever concidered adding an area that attracts people to places?

The Wilderness, if you take a close look at the map there is a big black square in the level 50 wilderness, near the ice mountains, they could add some sort of mini game there which would attract people, take a look at it, there is a bank near (mage bank) so it would make that area of the wilderness be a little more populated ^^

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Ever consider that they're empty for a reason? Jagex doesn't want every town to be filled with people, it ruins the interaction in larger towns and disrupts their function.

Remember, you can't have large cities without small ones.

Who said I stated to build a large city in that empty space? I said a *minigame*

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I don't know if people remember this but in April 2006 they said they were releasing 'wilderness tag', but it was never came out.

Anyway, I think they should update quests so that they are more clear, instead of having to guess what the damn storyline means, and the npcs offer free teleports to the needed place unless getting there is part of the quest(saves having to lose all that time trekking to the destination). And also give them a use that effects what people think of you, eg you complete WGS and if you talked to Aubury, he would sell runes at a cheaper price due to the difficulty.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

gapple.png

That's an awsome idea.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Grapples were the worst idea Jagex could of come up with. Please, add a small agility jump or a bridge that needs agility. Anything other than wasting inventory space for a shortcut.

I never use grapples because they are so inconvenient vs. their usefulness.

Yes, I believe that it would be better. But the main idea is getting an agility shortcut there, which would be :thumbup:!

Lider_V.png