New Dr. Who announced

Harakiri

After months of speculation, the next incarnation of everyone's favourite Time Lord has been unveiled.

Matt Smith, star of the BBC's Party Animals, has been announced as the next Doctor and will take over from the immensely popular David Tennent in 2010, after the completion of four hour long special episodes. Smith, the youngest person ever to play the Doctor, beat veteran actors like James Nesbitt and Sean Pertwee to the role and ended rumours that the next Doctor might be a woman.

Smith had this to say on his casting, "I'm flabbergasted. I haven't slept really! [Doctor Who] is an iconic part of our culture, and now I'm taking that on. It's nerve wracking. Exciting. Exciting. It's an iconic part of our culture, my grandad knows about it, my dad knows about it, it's been going since 1963 it has the iconic status of Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes."

Steven Moffat, who takes over from Russell T. Davies as executive producer after the special episodes are concluded, was full of praise for the young actor. "The Doctor is a very special part, and it takes a very special actor to play him. You need to be old and young at the same time, a boffin and an action hero, a cheeky schoolboy and the wise old man of the universe. As soon as Matt walked through the door, and blew us away with a bold and brand new take on the Time Lord, we knew we had our man."

Source: BBC

untitled-3.jpg

David Tennant looked half way decent...this guy is UGLY! And he looks emo...Someone save me!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

That hair looks weird on his head.

Dr. Who was acceptable to me, hope this does better but it'll take like 10 years for the new series to come to our tv network. :|

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

At first I saw that picture and I didn't think he was right.

But then on the news they did a feature on it, and they were saying that to play the Doctor, an actor needs to be young, charismatic and eager, but also wise and old. I think it actually applies to this guy, he should be good.

spacescenev24.jpg

The plots were ok, but they never really jumped out at me as amazing.

Also, for a returning, modernised, updated series which is one of the BBC's 'best' programmes with a big budget, I find the graphics are pretty bad.

spacescenev24.jpg

I wonder what this new guy is going to be like. He's not exactly the most handsome incarnation, but if Moffat say's he's the perfect person for the job, I'll take his word until the start of next season.

I wonder who his companion will be?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I wonder what this new guy is going to be like. He's not exactly the most handsome incarnation, but if Moffat say's he's the perfect person for the job, I'll take his word until the start of next season.

I wonder who his companion will be?

a girl with no eyes?

Tk5SF.png

The plots were ok, but they never really jumped out at me as amazing.

Also, for a returning, modernised, updated series which is one of the BBC's 'best' programmes with a big budget, I find the graphics are pretty bad.

That was the whole point of the original Doctor Who...in the 70's and 80's, the show was making buttloads of money, but they wanted to keep it low budget so they could go out and use all the money for ice cream (I don't know...)

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ugh, old topics. But with the new season starting up and Matt Smith's confidence in the role growing (which he's doing wonderfully in I think) I think it's fair to bump it. This season was filmed in the states, primarily in Utah. It's kind of funny, because that's where the new season of Torchwood: Miracle Day is going to be partially filmed. I kind of hoped that meant another convergence soon.

On a side note though...

Bit of sad news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110419_01/Elisabeth_Sladen

It is with much sadness that we can announce Elisabeth Sladen, the much-loved actress best known for her role as Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and CBBC's The Sarah Jane Adventures, passed away this morning. She was 63.

Lis first appeared as Sarah Jane in Doctor Who in 1973 alongside the Third Doctor Jon Pertwee and stayed for three and half seasons working alongside Jon and the Fourth Doctor Tom Baker. She returned to the role on numerous occasions over the years and, in 2007, was given her own spin-off series on CBBC - The Sarah Jane Adventures - where she would appear alongside new Doctors David Tennant and Matt Smith.

Read more at the link given above.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got to admit it was quite a plot twist.

That's Steven Moffat for you. He's an absolute GENIUS.

[hide]

You have to be crazy or brilliant to kill off your main character in the first episode and then bring him back in a younger version of himself.

ALSO!

http://whopix.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/amyshouse1.jpg

http://whopix.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/amyshouse2.jpg

http://whopix.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/amyshouse3.jpg

Described by:

"member this alien ship from The Lodger? It was in The Impossible Astronaut as well.

Remember how one of the shapeshifted forms of the creature from The Lodger was a little girl crying for help? The little girl in the space suit calls for help.

Remember how a victim climbed up the stairs of the flat in The Lodger and was electrocuted behind closed doors? The lights flickering on and off when that happened? The Silence use electricity to kill. They use existing electrical energy from the lights around them.

Remember how the stain on the ceiling was dark? It looks like the Silence live in the darkness.

Remember in The Lodger where Amys stuck in the Tardis, and is looking at the monitor when she suddenly sees something and yells at it, but the Doctor isnt listening and she forgets (around 21:30)? The Silence

http://www.error1355.com/img/screens/drwho/Lodger.png

http://www.error1355.com/img/screens/drwho/Impossible.png[/hide]

MIND = BLOWN

hzvjpwS.gif

Plus, it's the same spaceship design as 'The Lodger'.

@Kimberly: They didn't explode though when they were electrocuted in 'The Lodger'. The Silence explode their victims.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 5 weeks later...

WOAH. WASN'T EXPECTING THAT PLOT TWIST. :o

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

[hide]^Haha, I know what you mean, really, really great episode. Although I should really have guessed it when Amy said her baby was called Melody Pond.[/hide]

Edited by Kimberly
Spoilers!
keen.png

^Agreed. SO pumped for Autumn part. :D

-Random Youtuber