Doesn't make sense why Sun and Locke didn't go back with the others. I don't like time travel.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Perhaps they go to the Orchid and travel back in time or the island needs them in the present for some reason

It's tough at the top ;)

Perhaps they go to the Orchid and travel back in time or the island needs them in the present for some reason

Christian said they had a big journey ahead of them (or something similar), so I doubt it would be as easy as going to the Orchid.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The only thing I don't like about the show right now is Sayid. I'm just not sure about where they're taking him . . . he has nothing at all worth living for at this point and even less reason to be on the island. He's going to go rogue or something. I dunno.

I rescind this statement. He went rogue, but in an awesome way.

He also has the greatest insane laugh ever.

p2gq.jpg

My jaw was seriously on the floor for the last minute of the show. What the hell just happened!?!?

EDIT: A friend and I were discussing this episode and I came up with the idea that the present day Ben is not really Ben. Maybe he lied about being Ben just like he lied about being the guy in the balloon crash in Season 2. Any takers?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

EDIT: A friend and I were discussing this episode and I came up with the idea that the present day Ben is not really Ben. Maybe he lied about being Ben just like he lied about being the guy in the balloon crash in Season 2. Any takers?

I thought the same thing, but the present day Ben (actually younger but played by Emerson) was shown during the Purge, and with his father. It's definitely him.

The obvious answer is that the wound didn't kill him. Sayid tried to change the future but wasn't around to hear Faraday say that the future couldn't be changed. Or else Faraday was wrong.

p2gq.jpg

I thought the same thing, but the present day Ben (actually younger but played by Emerson) was shown during the Purge, and with his father. It's definitely him.

The obvious answer is that the wound didn't kill him. Sayid tried to change the future but wasn't around to hear Faraday say that the future couldn't be changed. Or else Faraday was wrong.

I hope Faraday wasn't wrong, the way he explained it made slight sense. Making Desmond an exception from the rule kind of sucked but it wasn't too bad. Now if they even rescind that by making Sayid able to change the future then it would really piss me off. So most likely Ben will get healed by the Island, but it doesn't explain why we never saw a bullet wound on him or mentioned before. Then there is the problem of him meeting Sayid for the first time. That could be explained by explaining how it was traumatic for him and so he doesn't remember, and could cause some interesting plots when Sayid meets old Ben again.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It's obvious that Ben is going to be ok, but I am interested in seeing who is going to get blamed for Sayid's escape. I'm sure Jack, Kate, or Hurley will be blamed, or Sawyer himself since he was the only one who didn't want to kill Sayid. It will be interesting to see what happens next episode.

Oh, and I'm glad that they focused this episode on Sayid. It is nice knowing why he was on the plane.

I think Faraday was right. Whatever happened, happened. I don't think Sawyer and Jack and those people are actually in the past. They're still traveling forward in time, they're still getting older, but instead of going from the year 2005 to 2006, they went from 2005 to 1974(I know they traveled to different time periods before that, but I don't remember the years). This explains why Rousseau didn't recognize Jin when they met in season 1 and why Ben isn't dead.

Speaking of Desmond where is he? I want moar of him on the show

I was doing something else while this ep was on so I didn't really catch everything. Did they explain how Faraday died?

^I don't think they ever said he was dead, just "not around anymore." But no, we don't know what happened to him.

I think Faraday was right. Whatever happened, happened. I don't think Sawyer and Jack and those people are actually in the past. They're still traveling forward in time, they're still getting older, but instead of going from the year 2005 to 2006, they went from 2005 to 1974(I know they traveled to different time periods before that, but I don't remember the years). This explains why Rousseau didn't recognize Jin when they met in season 1 and why Ben isn't dead.

What? 1974 is 1974. It's not 2006 with a different label. Everything happening in the show now happened 30 years before season 1.

I think I know what you're trying to say, but it doesn't change anything. Think of 2005 and 1974 as two separate cars on a train. Whether you put 1974 in front of, behind, above 2005, it still happened before 2005 and has an effect on what happens in 2005.

p2gq.jpg

Hooray for double posts.

Thought this would be good for people to know . . .

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/lost-exclusive.html

Charlotte's age was a production mistake, a mix-up between the actress's age and the character's. The girl Daniel saw was actually her.

p2gq.jpg

Anyone want to take a stab at telling me what the hell happened at the end there? I've totally forgotten what happened to him. Last I remember he was knocked out by Sun...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Anyone want to take a stab at telling me what the hell happened at the end there? I've totally forgotten what happened to him. Last I remember he was knocked out by Sun...

He just woke up from that. I guess the other survivors found him and brought him back to their little sick bay, where he was when Locke was brought to him.

Hurley and Miles arguing about time travel made me smile. Nice case of the show acknowledging "yeah we know this is a bit confusing, hang in there."

p2gq.jpg

Alright I was just making sure, and yeah the part with Hurley and Miles was awesome. I'm sure it'll all fall into place eventually.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I'm glad they threw in the Hurley/Miles thing, my last post about the previous episode was actually what they were talking about :) . Also glad that Faraday's theory stayed true, Ben had always been shot by Sayid, he just got it taken from his memory.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm glad they threw in the Hurley/Miles thing, my last post about the previous episode was actually what they were talking about :) . Also glad that Faraday's theory stayed true, Ben had always been shot by Sayid, he just got it taken from his memory.

Shouldn't he have some sort of scar, though? I mean bullet wounds are pretty nasty.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Shouldn't he have some sort of scar, though? I mean bullet wounds are pretty nasty.

There should be, but Locke's scars are also gone now, so we can assume the Island took care of that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hurley and Miles arguing about time travel made me smile. Nice case of the show acknowledging "yeah we know this is a bit confusing, hang in there."

Except that part is really the only part of the whole thing that actually makes sense. But maybe it's just because I've read a lot of books with time travel and know "how it works" already.

And during that episode, I was actually thinking, "Needs more Locke". And then it did. yay.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Wow. Amazing episode. We finally find out where that smoke monster comes from.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I like how the smoke monster completely destroyed any attempt by Ben to kill Locke again. It will be interesting to see how important John is.