Firemaking, not a newb 99

AgentEarl

What about people who have got a whole load of willow logs on their bank?

I think one of the main reasons that people "diss" the Firemaking Skillcape is that it has no practical use. In RuneScape Classic, Firemaking was much more important, because there were only a handful of cooking ranges in the game. But now, with ranges and everlasting fires (rogue's den) abound, Firemaking has little or no use. So, what many people (myself included) say, is that, why get 99 Firemaking if not for the cape? Firemaking has no use whatsoever after level 30, apart from the odd quest. I say this because Magic Log fires burn no longer than Normal Log fires. So, why did you get 99 Firemaking? Is it an "easy" 99 (compared to others)? People diss the Firemaking cape because the majority of people who have it (or, at least, wear it) got it just because of the fact that it was a cool cape.

If someone disagrees with this (which I know many will), please don't flame me. I'd like to keep this civilized.

-CMP

PS - Sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling.

The last real usefull level is lvl 92 fm, for the Inferno Adze.

priest_wiz.png

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then tell me, what bonus do you get for 99 firemaking?

Oh, none? The highest you need to go for is 92 firemaking?

You're also telling me that people with 99 firemaking only got it for the cape?

Allright, thanks for the information mate.

I think one of the main reasons that people "diss" the Firemaking Skillcape is that it has no practical use. In RuneScape Classic, Firemaking was much more important, because there were only a handful of cooking ranges in the game. But now, with ranges and everlasting fires (rogue's den) abound, Firemaking has little or no use. So, what many people (myself included) say, is that, why get 99 Firemaking if not for the cape? Firemaking has no use whatsoever after level 30, apart from the odd quest. EDIT: Forgot about the Adze :? I say this because Magic Log fires burn no longer than Normal Log fires. So, why did you get 99 Firemaking? Is it an "easy" 99 (compared to others)? People diss the Firemaking cape because the majority of people who have it (or, at least, wear it) got it just because of the fact that it was a cool cape.

If someone disagrees with this (which I know many will), please don't flame me. I'd like to keep this civilized.

-CMP

PS - Sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling.

Heh, sorry, I completely forgot about that ;)

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

it is annoying as hell to try and wear my firemaking cape because everyone makes fun of me, even at 130 combat. I am sick and tired of people hating on me because i have this cape. You have to get this cape to max out right? and 99 firemaking was one of the hardest and most brutal 99's to get, even though i did use yews to get ti faster. I don't care what people say, i don't believe this is a noob cape.

i just laugh at those without a skillcape making fun of my fm cape

its rather funny

Lol, really?

You know why I laugh with 99 firemakers.

Cause it's dead boring! Why would you bore the hell out of yourself to get a USELESS 99. On top of that, it's so fast and cheap xp, that it's really easily gotten, if you rule out the boredom. So you dont even get "respect" either. What's left? Wasted hours in the chase of a 99, which in the end, is a letdown. Might aswell go for a 99 you like, or that's useful.

And about people who laugh at your skill cape while they dont have 99s: They havent spent 100 boring hours firemaking. They > you. Also, I got 99 magic, ranged and hitpoints, and in fact, I wish I didnt grind for the last few lvls. I'm getting the xp anyway, and every xp past 99 feels like a bit of wasted grinding. So i'd rather not have 99s. (of course, that's afterwards. Before, you are excited cause you want to wear that shiny cape, yay).

Oh yes, and your 99's are so tough! Chinning for 99 range is easier then cooking, fming or fletching. Hp you usually get close to when you get 99 range, so not so tough, and magic you just alch or burst or whatever you do. Noncombat 99's are usually harder then combat ones. A 99 is a 99 no matter in which skill.

the_marxian.png

it is annoying as hell to try and wear my firemaking cape because everyone makes fun of me, even at 130 combat. I am sick and tired of people hating on me because i have this cape. You have to get this cape to max out right? and 99 firemaking was one of the hardest and most brutal 99's to get, even though i did use yews to get ti faster. I don't care what people say, i don't believe this is a noob cape.

i just laugh at those without a skillcape making fun of my fm cape

its rather funny

Lol, really?

You know why I laugh with 99 firemakers.

Cause it's dead boring! Why would you bore the hell out of yourself to get a USELESS 99. On top of that, it's so fast and cheap xp, that it's really easily gotten, if you rule out the boredom. So you dont even get "respect" either. What's left? Wasted hours in the chase of a 99, which in the end, is a letdown. Might aswell go for a 99 you like, or that's useful.

And about people who laugh at your skill cape while they dont have 99s: They havent spent 100 boring hours firemaking. They > you. Also, I got 99 magic, ranged and hitpoints, and in fact, I wish I didnt grind for the last few lvls. I'm getting the xp anyway, and every xp past 99 feels like a bit of wasted grinding. So i'd rather not have 99s. (of course, that's afterwards. Before, you are excited cause you want to wear that shiny cape, yay).

Oh yes, and your 99's are so tough! Chinning for 99 range is easier then cooking, fming or fletching. Hp you usually get close to when you get 99 range, so not so tough, and magic you just alch or burst or whatever you do. Noncombat 99's are usually harder then combat ones. A 99 is a 99 no matter in which skill.

His 99's are tougher than yours.

If your going to challenge other people's 99s into the argument, then make sure you have good ones, or at least better than theirs.

"a 99 is a 99". No. They arent the same. I get complimented daily, and comments daily, while wearing my farming cape. Never had any Bs against it. I watch 99 Fm, Fletch, and cook insulted, or ignored, almost every day. 99's are different by how impressive they are.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

it is nooby, i got 99 cook before cook all/x whatever you want to call it, so that was alot of concentration yet i still deem it to be a noob 99, and i can almost bet, jagex will bring out altar x, burn x this year with the "tiny little update year"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yep, eventually they will burn or fletch the willows.. Or if they are very lucky sell...

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

Firemaking is one of thoes skills you have to hate yourself to get 99 in. Like mining. I have nothing but respect for a firemaking cape. I have the patience to get 99 agility and i cant get past 62 firemaking. Kudos to you, im not a noob and i dont think firemaking is a noob cape.

Fools_Taco.png

cooking fletching and fm are all noob capes because you didnt do the skill for fun, there is no point in fm besides to get a cape to show off, its an easy skill that gets no respect from me especially.

other than that im surprised so many i agree 99 fm comments were shown on this topic, its equal to cooking and fletching now, so you cant only say cooking and fletching suck, you have to include fm with them.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Having 99 Firemaking myself I know that its not a noob cape. I'll admit though I only chose to get that cape because I had a bet with my friends on who could get the first 99 skill. (I won that bet even though my friend had 95 fletching when i only had 60 firemaking.)The cape took forever to get so I don't think people should be able to call it a noob cape. 3 months of straight firemaking was a pain. And I don't know about most of you, but I don't have 32mil to buy magic logs and get 99 in a week. If i did have 32mil to spend i would use it on something else and burn maples logs still instead.

The skill itself might not be useful at all, but who really cares? What use is smithing since it costs more to make the armor yourself than it does to just go and buy it? I still respect that cape though because it took hard work.

Also note that more people have the strength cape than firemaking, but i still think its cool when people have that cape on.

I think that people need to go through the pain themselves to appreciate it a little bit more although I always get compliments on it :-k

darkjakx.png

I agree

me to.

+2

Like fletching... I was in Clan Wars and some guy says "Pff... Fletching cape, to nooby and easy like fm cape" The I say "Well, if fletch or fm cape is easy, then got your own"

Simple "Get your own cape" and these noobs will stop to laugh

Also I like FM <3:

Owned.

Where do you guys find these noobs? I got 99 cooking before strength, and wore that cape for a good 4-5 months and I've never gotten a "noob cape" response in any form.

I don't know why everybody in RuneScape is interested in every other single person except themselves. If somebody wants a "buyable" 99, why the hell should anybody care? Just be happy for them instead of putting them down. :thumbup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Why not just ignore what the jealous sons of cabbages have to say...

:thumbup:

Agreed completly.

I went from 56-99 fm in like 2 months, reason is because i have arthritus (spelling?) in my right wrisrt making it hard to click continously.

But I love my fm cape, planning to trim it with cooking =)

Heres what i say to the ppl who diss my fm cape:

"Untill you have 99 fm yourself you have no right to disrespect my achivement."

Edit: I also rather enjoyed getting 99 fm, besides the wrist pain :x

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

i don't even see 138s with firemaking capes. what you're saying is completely invalid. if people are making fun of you for wearing that cape, then they're jealous noobs that have no patience to get any 99s past cooking and fletching. seriously, try telling them to get 99 firemaking. they'll likely say nothing.

People who call firemaking a newb cape don't have it.

I grinded to 92 for the adze and it was brutal. I am in no rush to finish up because i know just how hard it is.

99 firemaking is a pretty good achievement. it's 66% as difficult as prayer, mathematically... and I can tell you I'd rather not get 99 prayer a second time.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

On a skiller account I made a long time ago, like before even skill capes, I got 99. I also got 99 fletching, cooking, and thieving. And most of the way to 99 fishing, but then I quit for a long time and never came back to that account.

A fm cape is not nearly as big an achievement as a slower cape, or a non-buyable. I might not call it a noob cape, but I honestly don't think getting it was worth it. It cost a few m that I should have put into crafting or something, or even feathers for fly fishing.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

cooking fletching and fm are all noob capes because you didnt do the skill for fun
How do you know? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody likes it. Making a generalization like that is a lot n00bier than wearing a fm cape.
If you think' date=' there is no point in fm besides to get a cape to show off, its an easy skill that gets no respect from me especially.[/quote']Several people have already commented on how difficult they find it to give the constant attention the skill requires...why do you say it's easy?

other than that im surprised so many i agree 99 fm comments were shown on this topic, its equal to cooking and fletching now, so you cant only say cooking and fletching suck, you have to include fm with them.

But not thieving, which is faster and cheaper than firemaking or fletching?

I don't deny fm takes some time and concentration. maybe not as much as cooking or fletch, but who honestly enjoys burning cash? why not use that time wisely and get close to 99 in a different skill u enjoy? u get 99 fm for a shiny cape. and usually it's untrimmed, which says even more about the person wearing it. I'm getting 99 mining. fm is nowhere close to as difficult as mining, since u can't buy the materials needed to achieve 99. all u get is a

rune pick. and lots of rocks to click on. and it gets respect because u cant buy it and it is slow as hell. if u are sick of people putting down ur fm cape, take it off, stash it somewhere in your bank, get a respectable 99 (probably in a skill uve always wanted 99 in) and wear the cape I've always wanted proudly, not a cape that u think u deserve respect for just because u have a cape and they don't. if someone goes to me and says "where's ur fm/fletch/cook cape?" I laugh because I can easily get 99 in any of those 3 skills, and I don't because they're worthless, and I'm getting 99 in a skill I enjoy.

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those. that person is truly dedicated to fm, and that's the only time it deserves so much as an iota of respect.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

cooking fletching and fm are all noob capes because you didnt do the skill for fun
How do you know? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody likes it. Making a generalization like that is a lot n00bier than wearing a fm cape.
If you think' date=' there is no point in fm besides to get a cape to show off, its an easy skill that gets no respect from me especially.[/quote']Several people have already commented on how difficult they find it to give the constant attention the skill requires...why do you say it's easy?

How do people know they didn't do the skill for fun? If you think fun is clicking the same place over and over again without having to think at all then they would be playing this game http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

And really. At least cooking has a use if you want to cook your own sharks without burning them, but thats stupid because you could just sell your raws and then buy cooked ones already. So actually I was wrong, fletching, FM, and cooking are all pretty stupid 99's.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I don't deny fm takes some time and concentration. maybe not as much as cooking or fletch, but who honestly enjoys burning cash?
You'd be surprised.
why not use that time wisely and get close to 99 in a different skill u enjoy?
What if you do enjoy fm?
u get 99 fm for a shiny cape. and usually it's untrimmed' date=' which says even more about the person wearing it. I'm getting 99 mining. [b']fm is nowhere close to as difficult as mining[/b], since u can't buy the materials needed to achieve 99. all u get is a

rune pick. and lots of rocks to click on. and it gets respect because u cant buy it and it is slow as hell.

So if you need to spend extra time getting money to pay for the materials for a skill, the skill deserves less respect for getting 99 in? What?
if u are sick of people putting down ur fm cape, take it off, stash it somewhere in your bank, get a respectable 99 (probably in a skill uve always wanted 99 in) and wear the cape I've always wanted proudly, not a cape that u think u deserve respect for just because u have a cape and they don't. if someone goes to me and says "where's ur fm/fletch/cook cape?" I laugh because I can easily get 99 in any of those 3 skills, and I don't because they're worthless, and I'm getting 99 in a skill I enjoy.
Dude, some people like training firemaking. Why do you assume that nobody likes firemaking?

the only time I respect 99 fm is if that player has 99s in skills such as herb, slayer, prayer, mining, smith, and rc and they choose to wear the fm cape over those. that person is truly dedicated to fm, and that's the only time it deserves so much as an iota of respect.
I thought you said skills that cost money to train deserve less respect. Yet you place such high value on herblore, prayer, and smithing?

How do people know they didn't do the skill for fun? If you think fun is clicking the same place over and over again without having to think at all then they would be playing this game http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

Practically every skill is "clicking the same place over and over again." Welcome to Runescape.

And really. At least cooking has a use if you want to cook your own sharks without burning them, but thats stupid because you could just sell your raws and then buy cooked ones already. So actually I was wrong, fletching, FM, and cooking are all pretty stupid 99's.

So what's the use of herblore? Or slayer? What about smithing, fishing, woodcutting, construction, farming, and runecrafting? All supposedly "respectable" skillcapes, yet none of them have any practical reasons for getting 99. Firemaking gets the inferno adze at 92. What does farming get? The last thing you can plant is torstol, which is useless for planting, and spirit trees, which you can plant at level 83...not even a quarter of the way to 99. Herblore loses money on every potion except super weapon poison, and even then it's only because the ingredients are untradable...it's always cheaper to sell the ingredients and just buy the potion than to make it yourself. I could go on, but I hope you see that "uselessness" is not a measure of "n00biness."