Players today are immature cretins.

Poopingman

I've never added anyone to my ignore list. Don't you wonder what they're saying? If I'm being annoyed by someone I either don't respond to them or I talk back calmly. I never lower myself to their level and insult them or get angry.

but insulting thems so much fun! but i agree with the carm thing if you get angry GAME OVER MAN! you lose.

but on topic. theres no easy soloution i once got called a geeky no life because i wouldnt let some skiller have my dragon wc ax for the next 24 hours. not to mention he asked when i was using it....

the internet is evil...

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I've never added anyone to my ignore list. Don't you wonder what they're saying? If I'm being annoyed by someone I either don't respond to them or I talk back calmly. I never lower myself to their level and insult them or get angry.

but insulting thems so much fun! but i agree with the carm thing if you get angry GAME OVER MAN! you lose.

but on topic. theres no easy soloution i once got called a geeky no life because i wouldnt let some skiller have my dragon wc ax for the next 24 hours. not to mention he asked when i was using it....

the internet is evil...

Well, I guess I meant call them a "stupid n00b, etc." If I'm going to insult them, I'd be a bit more clever.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

. Plus the immaturity of players is off the wall. Its sickening. I've been here for nearly 8 years. It was never this bad before. No matter what people say, at least in the past you had definite, clear separation between demographics of players.

Hmm. It seems to me that you were stooping to his level by continuing the conversation. It's immature to get upset by someone you don't know, and are unlikely to ever meet in your life, when they mock you in a game.

You apparently "have more important things to worry about than this game", but come running onto these forums to rant about it.

If you honestly find his actions "sickening", I should seek medical assistance with your problem.You are aware of the ignore function, but refuse to use it because "it won't make it go away". I put it to you that it does EXACTLY that.

There are many idiots in this game (and indeed everywhere on the internet), if you have been playing for 8 years you should have become immune by now.

On a separate point, if I was as touchy as you I would be most offended by your use of the word "cretin". Look it up. You rant about this person being offensive, then do the same to him without him being able to defend himself. Hypocritical much?

To sum up

I don't support your rant but I defend to the death your right to make it.

Sticks and stones etc

Ignore insults - even if you don't actually use the ignore function

Enjoy the GAME

Happy to discuss

Teeg

If I wanted a solution I would have asked for one. And you calling me moronic is just hurting your persona more. You had best give it up.

It is worth pointing this out again, especially with such evidence as presented in the original post. I have the right to vent about any of my in-game frustrations. I don't care for your opinion if you feel the need to "approve" all of the rants post in this board.

That's my approval you're looking for.

You're no different than the fifty other "Wah, dis gui caled me a n00b, he r intrawebz bully!", and shows you have all the maturity of an eight year old complaining that the kids at school are calling him a doodoo head.

I can understand someone getting frustrated at a comment said about a dead/dying relative, even if it was over Runescape, but kiddies like you who get offended at the word "noob" are the reason that the word still exists; It works. Griefing still exists because it makes people like you cry. Trolling still exists because it makes people like you cry. They find a tactic, it works, and the rest of us have to put up with it because of people like you. Did your parents ever teach you to just ignore someone instead of making the problem worse?

You have the right to vent about your frustrations, but this is an open forum. Expect your trivial whining to be pointed out by others with just as equal posting rights. Don't like it? Start up your own forums and only allow posts that agree with you. Stop treating everyone who disagrees with you like they're some kind of idiot. You've been playing Runescape for eight years (although I highly doubt that), which means you're at least 8 years old. I'd expect an 8 year old to compose himself better than you are right now.

What did you hope to gain out of this thread? Venting? Then you should've left it after the first post, because you're sure not calming down from what I see. Did you expect sympathy? Good luck, you'll sooner gain sympathy from such a trivial problem by going on 4chan. Did you want us all to reminisce on when we were called noobs, chat mildly on how they should be banned, pat you on the back, and say everything'll be all right? Because I'll tell you right now, that's not going to happen.

Oh and in before the 1-sentence "go away" reply.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

While I agree that:

a) this stinks and B) yes, this a place to rant, this statement from the OP INMHO defies belief

"This games difficulty curve is so skewed you don't get any respect"

Why is there an expectation of respect in an online video game environment? This is just plain silly.

Additionally, in the posted conversation I see little difference between the respondents. Appears to me that the OP was as rude as the "noobmiester".

And for heaven's sake Dude it's kinda hard to respect someone who names themselves after a bodily function.

Tishala.png

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, I'm not going to complain about that. If you feel the right to disagree simply to go against the (up to this point) popular opinion, so be it. I will take that into account while considering your actual reasoning.

Constructive criticism is the backbone of a good debate, but damn-near personal attacks and name calling always seem to rear up again. I made the account when I was 13, I'm stuck with the name, get over it, please!

Omali makes good points, ignoring such individuals is oftentimes the most supple remedy, but the steady increase in incidents like I originally cited has to be noted (as is the purpose of this thread); it affects us all in the end.

As a final note, if you want proof that I started in early 2001, just message me.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Omali makes good points, ignoring such individuals is oftentimes the most supple remedy, but the steady increase in incidents like I originally cited has to be noted (as is the purpose of this thread); it affects us all in the end.

As a level 108, I get called a noob for not having 99's. I get called a noob because I only have 1mil in the bank. I get called a because I don't know the best ways to make money or skill. I get called a noob because I'm too high level. I get called a noob because 7 of my combat levels are thanks to 59 slayer. I get called a noob because I have a yoyo. I get called a noob because I'm wearing my camel mask, so I'm showing off. I get called a noob because I'm wearing my quest cape, so i must be flaunting my ego. I get called a noob because no, I don't want to buy your rune two handed sword. I also don't want to buy your elite black armor, your godsword, your flax, your logs, your dragon pl8, your shark, your heraldic armor, or your unstrung oak longbows, so I am a noob. I get called a noob because I don't want to go daggannoth hunting, nor do I want to party up to kill the kalphite queen with a stranger. I don't want to hunt revenants, I'm not all that interested in going to Lumbridge f2p to "show off". I haven't seen the latest Runescape bot, and I've never drop traded to a pure. I am a noob because I don't pk. I'm a noob because I play Runescape while playing Mario Party. I'm a noob because I supported the December 10th updates. I'm a noob because I use everything the game gave me.

But I'll be the noob who doesn't ignore other players when they ask for help. I'll be the noob who teleports to Edgeville because I gave my last dose of anti-poison to a player with 10hp left. I'll be the noob who takes my only two million in coins, and the thousand willows I just chopped, and throws it in the party room in f2p just because it's the new years. I'll be the noob who, despite the trade limit, continues to celebrate holidays by cooking mass amounts of Chompies and handing them out to players. I'll be the noob who doesn't use the word noob. I'll be the noob who tells a player how to get somewhere and gives them a teletab to get there faster. I'll be the noob who offers the ten seconds it takes to do a price check in trade. I'll be the noob who says "gratz", even if it's preceeded by "Woot 25 woodcutting". I'll be the noob who has been playing for five years, and logically has no life. But most importantly, I'll be the noob who looks upon your petty insults as a badge of honor.

Don't look at "noob" as a derogatory term, look at it as a good thing. When someone calls you a noob, take it as a way of saying "I have nothing negative to say about you, so I'm filling the spaces". Runescape is a competitively cooperative game, there's a time to compete and a time to cooperate. There is no reason why players cannot give one another basic respect, but at the same time there are players who will attack at the slightest sign of vulnerability. It's an internet game, and a free one at that, and nothing Jagex does will ever clean up the community.

I hope I've taught you something today, and the next time someone calls you a noob, your response is a simple "Thank you". This post is not intended to be condescending, nor am I giving a lecture. Take the higher moral ground, and you'll find that these comments flow off of you like water off of a raincoat.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Obby Capes are just as strong. I hav a str skill cape, but IMO, skillcapes have turned this game into a race to lvl 99. It is pointless unless you need a prayer boost(and mine isnt even trimmed), and I believe even in pray, It only beats the Vestments by 1 point. It may even tie up with them ill have to look that up.

I have a topic on this somewhere, but anyway, skillcapes are yet another jagex disaster. Major, major mistake. Should never have been brought into the game.

btw, If u hav m0r than 1 skilcap ur a n333333rd lawlzz

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

[hide=]

As a level 108, I get called a noob for not having 99's. I get called a noob because I only have 1mil in the bank. I get called a because I don't know the best ways to make money or skill. I get called a noob because I'm too high level. I get called a noob because 7 of my combat levels are thanks to 59 slayer. I get called a noob because I have a yoyo. I get called a noob because I'm wearing my camel mask, so I'm showing off. I get called a noob because I'm wearing my quest cape, so i must be flaunting my ego. I get called a noob because no, I don't want to buy your rune two handed sword. I also don't want to buy your elite black armor, your godsword, your flax, your logs, your dragon pl8, your shark, your heraldic armor, or your unstrung oak longbows, so I am a noob. I get called a noob because I don't want to go daggannoth hunting, nor do I want to party up to kill the kalphite queen with a stranger. I don't want to hunt revenants, I'm not all that interested in going to Lumbridge f2p to "show off". I haven't seen the latest Runescape bot, and I've never drop traded to a pure. I am a noob because I don't pk. I'm a noob because I play Runescape while playing Mario Party. I'm a noob because I supported the December 10th updates. I'm a noob because I use everything the game gave me.

But I'll be the noob who doesn't ignore other players when they ask for help. I'll be the noob who teleports to Edgeville because I gave my last dose of anti-poison to a player with 10hp left. I'll be the noob who takes my only two million in coins, and the thousand willows I just chopped, and throws it in the party room in f2p just because it's the new years. I'll be the noob who, despite the trade limit, continues to celebrate holidays by cooking mass amounts of Chompies and handing them out to players. I'll be the noob who doesn't use the word noob. I'll be the noob who tells a player how to get somewhere and gives them a teletab to get there faster. I'll be the noob who offers the ten seconds it takes to do a price check in trade. I'll be the noob who says "gratz", even if it's preceeded by "Woot 25 woodcutting". I'll be the noob who has been playing for five years, and logically has no life. But most importantly, I'll be the noob who looks upon your petty insults as a badge of honor.

Don't look at "noob" as a derogatory term, look at it as a good thing. When someone calls you a noob, take it as a way of saying "I have nothing negative to say about you, so I'm filling the spaces". Runescape is a competitively cooperative game, there's a time to compete and a time to cooperate. There is no reason why players cannot give one another basic respect, but at the same time there are players who will attack at the slightest sign of vulnerability. It's an internet game, and a free one at that, and nothing Jagex does will ever clean up the community.

I hope I've taught you something today, and the next time someone calls you a noob, your response is a simple "Thank you". This post is not intended to be condescending, nor am I giving a lecture. Take the higher moral ground, and you'll find that these comments flow off of you like water off of a raincoat.

[/hide]

Well said, Omali.

I get taunted for not having any 99s plenty myself. I'm level 126. My response is simply: I never felt the need to get a 99. I play for fun and to hang out with my friends, not to get stats and verbally attack people who don't waste their lives because they don't have high stats.

Usually, they shut up at that. Oh yeah, and my little silver crown helps a bit, too.

The Zebera is getting faster! The road to 99 Agility

Previous 99s (in order)

Fishing, November 23rd, 2009.

Attack, November 23rd, 2009 (got it about 10 minutes after Fishing)

Hitpoints (well, it was back then), December 28th, 2009

Defence, February 27, 2010

I get taunted for not having any 99s plenty myself. I'm level 126. My response is simply: I never felt the need to get a 99. I play for fun and to hang out with my friends, not to get stats and verbally attack people who don't waste their lives because they don't have high stats.

Usually, they shut up at that. Oh yeah, and my little silver crown helps a bit, too.

Do you ever wish you weren't a player mod because other players treat you differently when they see your little headpiece?

You don't conform to the stereotypical high level which he wanted to be, therefore upsetting him. Really its his problem. Though no barrows gloves is fail

Level 126 and have Rune Gloves...

Quests are fail to me.

Sure, the people who call you a "noob" or a "nerd" are bad, but some people are worse. The people who sit around on the Runescape Official Forums making threads like, "OMFG BARBARIAN FISHING IS RUINED". In that thread, they whine about how "cut x" fish is now SLOWER BY A FEW SECONDS. Also, some other people are complaining like, "OMFG I WANT TO USE THE PHOENIX, BUT MY SUMMONING IS TOO LOW. WTF I HATE JAGEX!" They complain about nonsense, and can never let go of the past. It shows great weakness fretting on the past. Get over it and move on.

Sure, I could just avoid the official forums, but what if I wanted to go there in the first place? I would have loved it there if there were none of those ungrateful, whiny brats. Some of them aren't so whiny, but think they're above everyone because they don't scream in all caps, or actually sound whiny. When it comes right down to it, they're just as weak as the whiners, they won't give up on the past.

On a forum, you can't simply put someone on your ignore list. The whole point of a forum is to talk and interact with people, not just ignore them. If you're on the forums, you're a Runescape player, so what I'm saying is relevant. It seems that the idiotic "ur jusha noob" people playing the game can't think of anything halfway witty because they're in instant chat. When they're on the forum, not trying to defend their scrawny, insecure egos, they try and "leave a mark".

What's the easiest way to do this? WHINE VERY LOUDLY IN ALL CAPS! It requires more thought than stupid insults, but requires no planning. I want a higher level in mining. LET'S RANT ABOUT IT! I liked the wilderness, and fail to comprehend RWT. LET'S RANT ABOUT IT. On the RSOF, where personality is the only thing to show, the average user there is probably the most pathetic thing you can find on the internet. Swear and yell, act tough and cool, "fight the power" by whining your rear off, get up on your mangy little high horse after flaming someone who doesn't agree with you, AKA, has a brain.

If you dwell on the past, you're weak. Looking back blinds you to anything ahead of you, and you won't get any idea of how behind you are until you get your head out of the past. Maybe you don't want to notice how little progress you've made, so you look back at the past and start crying about it. Maybe you can't adapt to the world ahead, so you pray and whine and whine and pray, hoping some divine justice will sweep you up on the throne where you can change everything back to when you ruled. Look behind you if you're looking into the past, changing sides will bring you into the future, the only place where new things can occur. Play the happy music in your head and run those slides over and over if you want. Stay in that frozen hell if you want, weaklings.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Sure, the people who call you a "noob" or a "nerd" are bad, but some people are worse. The people who sit around on the Runescape Official Forums making threads like, "OMFG BARBARIAN FISHING IS RUINED". In that thread, they whine about how "cut x" fish is now SLOWER BY A FEW SECONDS.

I thought you were kidding, then I did a little searching.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?74,75,927,58204290

#-o

Tip.It thinks my RSOF link is a scam, so here's the quickfind code: 74-75-927-58204290

I wish i could bash those little 12 year old [cabbage]s heads into a wall...

and stangle them with their own liver...

anway... the way i usually deal with it is to ask them for a duel.

they usually go away complaining that they "have better things to do"

they usually go away complaining that they "have better things to do"

Yeah, moaning to other players \'

I mean wth? What do these kids get for whining to other players? Some kind of satisfaction that they cant have in real life because they are failed irl maybe? Or i guess it's just a nowdays trend amongst these 10-15years old kids..

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

I've never seen how a duel has proved anything. If they do take you up on it, it will only make the situation worse.

I am one of those people who literally has "something better to do;" player-versus-player bores me.

On topic though, ranting about immaturity is pointless. As was said earlier, if you still can't get over it after eight years, you've got issues. And why do you have to keep making such a point of beginning in 2001? Do you want respect for that? I've never understood why people think that having played a long time should earn them anything.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

On topic though, ranting about immaturity is pointless. As was said earlier, if you still can't get over it after eight years, you've got issues. And why do you have to keep making such a point of beginning in 2001? Do you want respect for that? I've never understood why people think that having played a long time should earn them anything.

Do you want to respect me for it?

That is up to you, don't put words in my mouth. And to reiterate (yet again), I did not make this thread in search of a shoulder to cry on. The degradation of the average Runescaper affects us all; and the aforementioned exchange is one of the best examples I've seen. Please read the entire topic before jumping on the offensive.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

And to reiterate (yet again), I did not make this thread in search of a shoulder to cry on. The degradation of the average Runescaper affects us all; and the aforementioned exchange is one of the best examples I've seen. Please read the entire topic before jumping on the offensive.
Of course I read it all before posting. -.- I don't believe that the "degradation" you speak of is occurring though. The idiots aren't growing any more moronic, nor are the literate ones any wiser. The ratio is essentially the same as it's been since Miniclip introduced pre-teens to RuneScape.

As a final note, if you want proof that I started in early 2001, just message me.
It's unnatural to care whether or not we believe you unless you think you've earned something for having played that long. That's the reason I questioned your motives behind the repeated claims to have started playing early.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Of course I read it all before posting. -.- I don't believe that the "degradation" you speak of is occurring though. The idiots aren't growing any more moronic, nor are the literate ones any wiser. The ratio is essentially the same as it's been since Miniclip introduced pre-teens to RuneScape.

It's unnatural to care whether or not we believe you unless you think you've earned something for having played that long. That's the reason I questioned your motives behind the repeated claims to have started playing early.

Now, this is where my longer history with the game comes into play, and why it was originally brought up. You claim that that the ratio of immature players is roughly the same since the Miniclip scandal. I can't answer that for sure, but Runescape existed long before then. If you had been around during those earlier times the disparity between the maturity of players then and now becomes much more evident. Was everybody a saint back then? Heck no, there have and always will be cretins in online games; this is the internet! But still, this is just out of control.

And on that final point, I never in any way stated or implied that I wanted respect for the length of my tenure with this game, I believe the above paragraph settles that.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....