The dance emote including Hip Hop/Ballet/Disco and more!!!

Romy

NO support. Why? Simple.

NONE OF THOSE DANCES EXISTED IN THE TIME PERIOD OF RUNESCAPE! and yes, I meant to have it be all capital letters.

OK. No one did the robot or disco or salsa in medieval times. Now, you may say that RuneScape isn't medieval. But it is BASED on the lifestyle from back then.

Seriously, if you don't like the emote, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.

Plus,

Danceemote2.gif

I mean, who the hell dances like this?!

I dance like that. You gotta problem with that? Huh? Do ya punk? Ya gotta problem with how I dance?

First of all, it was a joke, and it was not meant to offend anyone in any way.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that RuneScape, although may be based on medieval times, is not in the medieval times, and I can prove it:

There is no way in hell a stock market (the Grand Exchange is a lot like a stock market) could exist back then :lol: , and niether a way to show an emote in which you turn in to a turkey and dance, or freeze yourself, go below grownd level, and go back up.

But now seriously, it is meant for fun, and not anything else, especialy nothing based on real life.

[hide=]By the way, Disco did not exist back then either, yet you can dance Disco with flared trousers...[/hide]

First of all, learn to spell ground, neither, and especially. Secondly, the Give Thanks and Freeze and Melt emote are what they are EMOTES. OK. You don't HAVE to use them.

You don't like the dance emote? DON'T USE IT.

Thirdly, RuneScape is based on what life was like back then. Oh, you may go, "But they have gliders and carts and [cabbage] that they didn't have back then." But, did the humans build those things? No. They didn't.

Fourthly, since RuneScape is based in on medieval times, it should generally follow what life was like right? Well, that is correct to a point. Since RuneScape is fantasy medieval, you can have magic and dwarfs, while still having that medieval feel to it.

Fifthly, how would you like it if some game set in the future or modern times like Halo or Doom or something was suddenly changed with things from eight hundred years ago? I'd be pretty pissed.

Sixthly, (yeah, I'm going there) RuneScape needs more realism, NOT less. OK, if this idea was implemented into RuneScape, it would cause me and all (70) of my friends to quit RuneScape and put a curse on all who play it. OK. Realism is better for RuneScape. Although, you may think that they should get rid of all the emotes. They shouldn't. Less of them, yes, as in my honest opinion, too many have come out. Emotes are fun. You don't HAVE to use them.

Jesus H. Christ, that was more of an explanation than I wanted to right. But, I digress. I post my mind, it's a cousin of Tourettes. I will sign this post with my user name with dignity and honor.

- Ugozima

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=snowball's reply]

Just a couple things i noticed though...

You require 45 crafting for the coin necklace, but it cannot give too much exp or people will just string gold coins to 99 crafting.

Also, I feel it would be more accurate to have the dwarves provide the tape player... for a cost.

Also, the robot moves, well one hour seems to be a long time. You essentially have to stay on for a hour while keeping track of pete. If you wanted constant rewards, you can complete the "random" multiple times (which may be good money...) and then you need another hour to stay on. Another thing here is that some on could just fight tortured souls (the old ones) and smelt at the ghost town, and teleport to ectofungus. In that case, how long does the cat stay there? What If a random event teleports me? Or if I am in myths of the White lands and cannot tele? What about boat rides, are they teleports? How long does it take to learn emotes from him because every 10 minutes, he will teach and bob will appear at the same time, thus making it hard to escape. what will happen? If we can click out of it to teleport, then can we just click out of each of pete's instuctions? So many holes gahhh!!!!

Maybe if the time for this was 10 minutes, with bob appearing every minute and pete teaching you every like 35 seconds

As for the unicorn ride, Maybe you should make that portion harder than "as a first resort". The quest is long and annoying with decent requirements. I suggest something harder than that for such high run speed (even with limitation). What can you do with the unicorn anyway? Can you teleport, climb ladders, or ride inside? Does it make for Faster RCing? I think it could be a status symbol for higher levels... not random people with 27 hunter. Maybe you could make a separate NPC for the unicorns, as Larry is pre-occupied with penguins.

First, I'd like to thank you, you're the first one to actualy send critisizm(sp?) about my idea, and I have some answers:

1.Yes about the coins I made it like that to make sure no one abuses this to get fast, cheap Crafting exp.

2.Why would dwarves sell you the tape? Where would they get it from?

3.The rewards are exactly the same as the reguler random event, nothing added.

4.You're right, I will change it so that you wouldn't be able to take Prison Pete to some places.

5.Once again, you're right, I will make it so that you wouldn't be able to get random events such as- Mime, Drill demon, Freaky forester, Pinball, maze, and anything else that teleports you elsewhere.

6.Yes, boat rides count as teleports.

7.Even though your character is basicly obligated to try to perform the emote, it does not affect you in anyway (this means you can still run while performing that, cut trees, fish fish, mine rocks, report, look at the variety of the screens (Bank, Smithing, reports etc), as well as teleport away.

8.You cannot go anywhere above or below ground level with your unicorn (which means you can't clumb ladders, go underground and the like, you also won't be able to go indoors with it (that includes banks, stores, castles, reguler houses and the like).

9.No, you cannot teleport with it, and doing so will result in losing your unicorn. Also, the warning system will apply for teleports, warning you that teleporting would cause you to lose your unicorn.

10.It could be faster for Runecrafting, as you can tie your unicorn to any trees, stands or anything alike. However, it will make it only harder for Abbys Runecrafting, and on the other methodes, although faster, will require extra attention, concentration, and clicking.

11.I see no point in having another NPC purely for unicorns, but I need more feedback on this.

Once again, I thank you for critisizing(sp?) me. I've got some editting to do :D .[/hide]

[hide=Ugozima's reply]

NO support. Why? Simple.

NONE OF THOSE DANCES EXISTED IN THE TIME PERIOD OF RUNESCAPE! and yes, I meant to have it be all capital letters.

OK. No one did the robot or disco or salsa in medieval times. Now, you may say that RuneScape isn't medieval. But it is BASED on the lifestyle from back then.

Seriously, if you don't like the emote, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.

Plus,

Danceemote2.gif

I mean, who the hell dances like this?!

I dance like that. You gotta problem with that? Huh? Do ya punk? Ya gotta problem with how I dance?

First of all, it was a joke, and it was not meant to offend anyone in any way.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that RuneScape, although may be based on medieval times, is not in the medieval times, and I can prove it:

There is no way in hell a stock market (the Grand Exchange is a lot like a stock market) could exist back then :lol: , and niether a way to show an emote in which you turn in to a turkey and dance, or freeze yourself, go below grownd level, and go back up.

But now seriously, it is meant for fun, and not anything else, especialy nothing based on real life.

By the way, Disco did not exist back then either, yet you can dance Disco with flared trousers...

First of all, learn to spell ground, neither, and especially. Secondly, the Give Thanks and Freeze and Melt emote are what they are EMOTES. OK. You don't HAVE to use them.

You don't like the dance emote? DON'T USE IT.

Thirdly, RuneScape is based on what life was like back then. Oh, you may go, "But they have gliders and carts and [cabbage] that they didn't have back then." But, did the humans build those things? No. They didn't.

Fourthly, since RuneScape is based in on medieval times, it should generally follow what life was like right? Well, that is correct to a point. Since RuneScape is fantasy medieval, you can have magic and dwarfs, while still having that medieval feel to it.

Fifthly, how would you like it if some game set in the future or modern times like Halo or Doom or something was suddenly changed with things from eight hundred years ago? I'd be pretty pissed.

Sixthly, (yeah, I'm going there) RuneScape needs more realism, NOT less. OK, if this idea was implemented into RuneScape, it would cause me and all (70) of my friends to quit RuneScape and put a curse on all who play it. OK. Realism is better for RuneScape. Although, you may think that they should get rid of all the emotes. They shouldn't. Less of them, yes, as in my honest opinion, too many have come out. Emotes are fun. You don't HAVE to use them.

Jesus H. Christ, that was more of an explanation than I wanted to right. But, I digress. I post my mind, it's a cousin of Tourettes. I will sign this post with my user name with dignity and honor.

- Ugozima

Well, it seems like you chose to completly ignore my comments about the Grand Exchange, which is pretty much similar to a stock market, and there's no way that was implemented in the medieval age.

Secondly, I'm not a native speaker, sorry for my mistakes.

You also seem to have chosen to ignore flared trousers- If Disco is okay in RuneScape, I'm pretty sure Salsa, Hip-Hop, Latin dancing or Belly dancing are OKAY to have.

Third, the whole argument over whether or not it should be implemented in a game based on medieval times is dumb IMO, for the very reason that:

According to you, ALL of the parts in RuneScape, that did not involve magic, and were also not supposed to be available in the medieval times was not made by humans, which is wrong and I have some examples- A Gypsy, the Grand Exchange, Disco, Banks, the adoption of cats, and I'm pretty sure I could think of more if you wanted me too.

Fourth, for Christ's sake, this addition is meant to be fun! This IS a game after all.

Fifth, I doubt any games need more realism than what they already have, if such was implemented, many would turn to be boring.

Sixthly, I do not know many games, and nor do I know of the 1s you suggested, but there's a big difference between having some futural(sp) objects in a game based on the past, than what you suggested.

Oh, and if you were to quit for such reason (don't read on if you're easily offended) then you, my friend, are dumb (again, no offence intended, sorry if any was taken).[/hide]

That sure took a while :lol: .

support.

imo old dance was wayyyy cooler than new one

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Awesome idea, I'd love to see Jagex add this :)

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

I support...just cuz emotes are fun...but you need to have a Michael Jackson dance. The thriller dance, and then some moonwalking would be major Pwnage...and the requirements are to have 99 in five skills, so everytime you use that emote, your telling the world "Look noobs, I am a higher power who likes little children!".

I don't know, just a thought...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

The requirements should be the same for both male and female players, or this would cause everyone to change gender so they can get the emotes the easy way.

While this seems like a good idea, I don't thinks this emotes would really fit Runescape... but who knows. I support.

16185_s.gif

The requirements should be the same for both male and female players, or this would cause everyone to change gender so they can get the emotes the easy way.

While this seems like a good idea, I don't thinks this emotes would really fit Runescape... but who knows. I support.

Actualy, that's the whole point, you have 2 choices for the female/male mini quests, and if one seems better, you can just change your gender.

Sorry for any criticism, but I dont believe emotes were ever meant to be this complicated. They are just a simple way of expression/having fun. This is a super creative idea though, thumbs up to you! :thumbsup: I dont believe in the emote tab being altared in that way, but I would completely support item emote enhancers ;)

Because, if you think about it, the only way to change an emote is through an enhancer (chicken costume, sleeping cap, flared trousers, etc.)

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Sorry for any criticism, but I dont believe emotes were ever meant to be this complicated. They are just a simple way of expression/having fun. This is a super creative idea though, thumbs up to you! :thumbsup: I dont believe in the emote tab being altared in that way, but I would completely support item emote enhancers ;)

Because, if you think about it, the only way to change an emote is through an enhancer (chicken costume, sleeping cap, flared trousers, etc.)

You shouldn't be sorry, I encourage any kind of criticism, and would like to thank you for it.

In addition, I think my idea is nothing but fun, but I also believe in pluralism, and thus would not argue about that.

Needless to say, I think emotes shouldn't only change with item enhancers, but that's for each and everyone to decide for themselves.

I think emotes shouldn't only change with item enhancers

i think this is the only way for emotes to change aswell

otherwise the game would be a weird

with people just going around doing different types of one emote willy nilly

and i know that i said about being able to get an emotion enhancer type of clothing as a reward

but i have just realised that your rewards are the costumes to be able to do the different emote

so i apologize for my sugestion as you already are planning emotion enhancing costumes

lol

=]

Hey people =] Click for my Blog!

The video game game!

Does anyone here play travian?

The banning game!

jumphereks6.png

[hide=Level goals]kbd_slayer90.png[/hide]

You should put this on the official Runescape suggestion forums!!!

TOTALLY SUPPORT!

shes f2p :wall: :wall:

pure phail

shes p2p dude

RSN: Flamewhisker

RS Type: 'P2P'

EDIT

just realised you were talking about the maker of this thread right?

=S

Hey people =] Click for my Blog!

The video game game!

Does anyone here play travian?

The banning game!

jumphereks6.png

[hide=Level goals]kbd_slayer90.png[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yeah, i guess its ok but i can see jagex prissy's and the feint of heart finding it too "offensive" :shame: (especially the belly dancing)

Sorry, but I fail to find anything offensive about Belly dancing :? .

lol? really? its basically stripping...

Paragon.png

Yeah, i guess its ok but i can see jagex prissy's and the feint of heart finding it too "offensive" :shame: (especially the belly dancing)

Sorry, but I fail to find anything offensive about Belly dancing :? .

lol? really? its basically stripping...

Not any more than Verac's Brassard...