Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will Jagex ban pvp trick?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Why does it matter? Anyone can do it, therfor not unfair to anyone.

I hate that sort of logic.

Anyone could buy gold if they were willing to take a risk, yet that was unfair to the people who didn't, and therefore against the rules. Anyone could do luring if they knew how, yet it was unfair to the victims of it. Drop-fixing is unfair to the people who PK legitimately .

hzvjpwS.gif

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
Yea, I have to agree with you there. But real pkers have a much better chance of getting good drops if they have the same dp as the ones doing the trick. There are many factors that incerease the drops to real pkers compared to 25k people. such as, longer battles, near ko. and special and all that. So it's better to do real pk then just the pvp trick.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed

I don't think there's a way to determine if someone's dropfixing or not so unless they change the PvP system, no.

Indeed

Posted Image

bronzewarrior
[ Display Name History ]

bronzewarrior

Banned

• Banned
  • 905 posts
No, they won't.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
2nd troll to 840+ post count.

shooterbob7
[ Display Name History ]

shooterbob7

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Clan:Chill Chat
Well, its unfair for skillers and people that work to 99 and the money they get is incomparable to what you can get from this gambling.
Posted Image

psvstef
[ Display Name History ]

psvstef

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Well, its unfair for skillers and people that work to 99 and the money they get is incomparable to what you can get from this gambling.

skillers CAN do it,they just won't,everyone can do it.
Posted Image

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB

pvp doesnt always work. Ive built drop with a buddy for over 30 minutes. Then took about 10mil with me into a hotspot and killed him. Risked a ton and got like 50k >.> and he had 75k

You were just doing it wrong
Posted Image

Yutahon
[ Display Name History ]

Yutahon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
They should ban it or make it impossible because its just so extremely stupid. If i had never played runescape before and someone showed me runescape pvp worlds and that half the people only farm drops by killing theri friends i would laugh at him for playing this wierd game. :roll:

also the flower hitting to get drop rate up, how extremely homo/wierd does that look for outstanders. just imagine if a gaming site would review runescape pvp and they saw loads of guys hitting eachother with flowers. :wall:

pvp worlds are such a fail its almost funny.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
It's not a trick.

I needed to say that.

It annoys me how everyone calls it that :(

purewcnub
[ Display Name History ]

purewcnub

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,476 posts
  • RSN:0neJudgement
So the people that want to get rid of it.... If you found a quick way of making money would you want Jagex to take it out of the game? Anyways anyone can do it, so what's it hurt? so it's not really unfair. also it's really dependant on luck, so Jagex should take out clues too?

Goals:
94 magic
94 ranged
55 slayer
Addy gloves-done

Yutahon
[ Display Name History ]

Yutahon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

So the people that want to get rid of it.... If you found a quick way of making money would you want Jagex to take it out of the game? Anyways anyone can do it, so what's it hurt? so it's not really unfair.

If getting rid of it means making runescape a better game then yes and in this case pvp would be a much better place without them.

Anyone can scam or auto too but that doesnt make it fair does it?

purewcnub
[ Display Name History ]

purewcnub

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

So the people that want to get rid of it.... If you found a quick way of making money would you want Jagex to take it out of the game? Anyways anyone can do it, so what's it hurt? so it's not really unfair.

If getting rid of it means making runescape a better game then yes and in this case pvp would be a much better place without them.

It's nothing like scamming or autoing.... What are people doing the trick hurting? NOTHING.

Goals:
94 magic
94 ranged
55 slayer
Addy gloves-done

Yutahon
[ Display Name History ]

Yutahon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

It's nothing like scamming or autoing.... What are people doing the trick hurting? NOTHING.

Its hurting real pkers that work hard for their drops while 25kers get way better drops with alot less work and no skill involved. Its also affecting the prices of pvp items like zuriels/vesta etc in a bad way. Without 25kers folooding the market with these items real pkers would be way better off? Makes sense now?

purewcnub
[ Display Name History ]

purewcnub

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Its hurting real pkers that work hard for their drops while 25kers get way better drops with alot less work and no skill involved.

the real pkers choose not to do the trick.... Real pkers pk for fun with drops as a plus. 25kers do it for money. Anyone can do it, they choose not to. Plus, pking definetely isn't considered working for money o.0

Goals:
94 magic
94 ranged
55 slayer
Addy gloves-done

Yutahon
[ Display Name History ]

Yutahon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

the real pkers choose not to do the trick.... Real pkers pk for fun with drops as a plus. 25kers do it for money. Anyone can do it, they choose not to. Plus, pking definetely isn't considered working for money o.0

Whether they pk for fun or consider it work its still HURTING real pkers and thats what the whole argument is about. :roll:

purewcnub
[ Display Name History ]

purewcnub

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Whether they pk for fun or consider it work its still HURTING real pkers and thats what the whole argument is about. :roll:

It's not hurting real pkers in any way... I personaly don't want to sit there for 2 hours with flowers, but some people want to..

How is it hurting real pkers?

Against your arguments...

1. Pvp equipment wasn't meant to be sold in the first place, but to be used.

2. I had a fury since the beggining of Pvp, and yet I have profited off of it...

Goals:
94 magic
94 ranged
55 slayer
Addy gloves-done

Yutahon
[ Display Name History ]

Yutahon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

It's not hurting real pkers in any way...

Its hurting real pkers that work hard for their drops while 25kers get way better drops with alot less work and no skill involved. Its also affecting the prices of pvp items like zuriels/vesta etc in a bad way. Without 25kers folooding the market with these items real pkers would be way better off? Makes sense now?

^ This

2. I had a fury since the beggining of Pvp, and yet I have profited off of it...

1. For pvp equipment to be used it has to be sold/bought so people can buy wichever part/set they wanna use. Anyway i fail to see a connection to my argument. Pkers would still be way better off without 25kers flooding the market with these items whether they are ment to be sold or not. Who are you to decide that btw?

2. I havent said anything about furies, you can get it off pvping but its not a pvp equipment. Still, look what happaned to infinity stuff, master wands etc..

Not gonna respond any further because everthing has been said already and i dont feel like repeating myself any longer.

mmmcannibalism
[ Display Name History ]

mmmcannibalism

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,117 posts
I dont see any way for jagex to ban this trick, what will they do say you have to skill in combat gear and decide what you will wear for you?

The pvp gear was not meant to cost a ton of money and be merchanted. Jagex intended for it to be used by whoever received it as a drop to boost their pking ability while it lasted, besides the stuff was being sold as junk so it dropping in price is the appropriate response. If prices of non pvp equipment objects are being lowered by this trick (allegedly, could just be from pvp drops legitimately) then jagex should look into changing the drop rates .
Posted Image
Orthodoxy is unconciousness
the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

purewcnub
[ Display Name History ]

purewcnub

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

It's not hurting real pkers in any way...

^ This

1. For pvp equipment to be used it has to be sold/bought so people can buy wichever part/set they wanna use. Anyway i fail to see a connection to my argument. Pkers would still be way better off without 25kers flooding the market with these items whether they are ment to be sold or not. Who are you to decide that btw?

2. I havent said anything about furies, you can get it off pvping but its not a pvp equipment. Still, look what happaned to infinity stuff, master wands etc..

Not gonna respond any further because everthing has been said already and i dont feel like repeating myself any longer.

It's not hurting real pkers at all. Furies are very common 25k drops and haven't decreased at all...

Also the pvp items were going to decrease anyway, any item that dissapears after a certain amount of time is a waste, and people realized that.

Jagex themselves stated that the PvP equipment was implemented to use, not merchanting as said above.

You have ben complaining about the 25k thing giving an advantage yet have not complained about pvp equipment at all...

Anyone that has cash can do 1. The 25k thing 2. buy pvp equips

Goals:
94 magic
94 ranged
55 slayer
Addy gloves-done

shooterbob7
[ Display Name History ]

shooterbob7

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Clan:Chill Chat
Dude, lvl 3s cant go to the wild, so skillers cannot do this pvp "advantage".

And luck doesnt matter. You can get more profit than loss.

Most of you on the defensive probably do this too, it really is unfair. Just think about it. If everyone got a fury, wouldnt the price drop? Gf.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users