Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

Like many people that have already posted i have a load of great memorys, however i feel that one which really means something to me was Christmas day, 2005. Back at this time i was round level 30-40, i used to wear my full withril with my mithril Shortsword, i thought it looked great but ofcourse i had seen Rune, i didn't know what it was but i wanted it. For whatever reason i was in Draynor bank, and i saw somebody buying a full set of wizard robes, i had spent a few days aquiring a full set and felt reluctent to part with them so soon, however i decided i might as well see what this guy was offering.

I was used to having the goal of having over 1k cash every so often i hit the 4 digit number but i always seemed to fall below it, so when he offered me 50k cash i couldnt belvie it, at first i thought he was trying to scam me, i decided that even if he scammed me i would still probably get 5k or so, i went for it. To my absolute and totally disbeliefe there in my inventory where seconds before had been my wizards robes was 50,000 gp, 50k cash, something i couldn't have even dreamed of.

I immediatly knew that this amount of money would suffice to pay for any single peice of Rune, i didn't know about RUne 2h's back then or platebodys, so i ran all the way up to Varrok and for whatever reason expected to see something Rune in the general store, i had seen a Rune full helm there once before, once. Again to my sheer amazment after about a minute of waiting there appeared a Rune longsword, i didn't even bother to check the price, i bought it for 32k. Now to any experienced player that would have seemed a complete rip off, not to me thoguh i was just happy to be able to say that i owned Rune. I then worked for a few days to get 40 Attack, with my full mithril and Rune longsword i felt complete.

So yeah was a good Christmas day ;)

4sDIn.png

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a new f2p-er I used to hang out in the Minotaur room in the first level of the Stronghold of Security. i would pick up bronze med helms that were drops that people did not pick up. I would take a full load of those to the Varrock bank and sell them for BIG MONEY!

I got my quest cape one year after becoming member. I was level 90 when I started p2p and just did quests for one year.

mine has to be when I got 70 attck. My friend said if I get 70 in a week he would give me something. It turned out to be a whip and torags plate and legs. He was my best friend ever on rs untill he sold everything, got 70 cons and quit :(

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

• 3 weeks later...

Mining in Varrock, although a very faint memory at this stage but it was just so great.

I was new to RuneScape and had my music on, can't quite remember the name of the song but whenever it comes on I just get that feeling. I heard it again the other day, and the noise that you hear when you're in the mine, the very short sound. It was all just so great.

<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

In 2002 or 3, i had just lost my full rune set and i didn't have any money to buy a new one (think i lost it at pking or a monster), and a friend that i then, had only known for a month... I asked him politely if i could borrow a set from him and he said "yes"... Was really nice, since it was more money for it compared to now and the fact that i'd only recently added that dude to my friends list. Which signaled "trust". I mined a crapload of coal and paid him back in 2 days lol.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I was pretty poor and around level 90. I had just gotten into Barrows.

I did about a hundred runs and had some luck, but hadn't gotten one of the huge drops.

And then, I got a Guthan spear(they were well over 5m at the time.) I freaked out, and sold it for all the money.

Next day, I try Barrows again. 3 runs later I got a Dharok plate, which was worth like 1.5m at the time. I did 2 more runs and I got another Guthan warspear.

So I made close to 12m in 5 Barrow runs when I barely had any gp to my name. :D

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Fighting gargoyles in 2005, and seeing l6vi come in, and start fighting them alongside me. I started playing in about 2002, and 2002-2003, l6vi was the #1 ranked player. So that just made my day to see one of the legends of old come by, and start training alongside me.

Playing runelink with Mod Paul the day it went live (I lost.)

Defeating Elvarg on classic (ended up defeating it on RS 2 first)

The guthix tea bug (getting full health +5) by drinking a dose of guthix tea, and it didn't count as food in no food tournaments. (It was very fun to fight the kalphite queen by drinking a nice cuppa tea :-P)

Being combat 102 and having 85 slayer in May 2005, when most people were cb 120+ with 85 slayer then (actually checked highscores on a regular basis, and was the lowest cb person for 2 months with 85 slayer.) Note: thank you former clannies that lent me the money in exchange for 50% off one time whip discounts.

captain_poet.png

The one that sticks out the most for me would be my first ever clan war (long before the mini game was added, when the Wild was still PvP) with a now defunct clan. The clan we were set to war with was a no show, and we wound up fighting a clan well above our level. Naturally we were creamed and I got maybe 3 shots in (was ranging) but it was still a lot of fun.

The few TIP.IT events I've attended, namely Castle Wars and Trawler.

I don't do this very often, but helping a few people out with quests. I tend to do it if people ask nicely and I'm not busy with anything.

Getting my dlong and ddagger after completing that one quest, the name of the quest escapes me but it was nice to finally be able to use dragon weapons.

Himedaph.gif