III) Levels 20-30

IV) Levels 30-40

Unfinished Chapters:

V) Levels 40-55

VI) Levels 55-70

VII) Levels 70-85

VIII) Levels 85+

Chapter I, Introduction

To start off, I would like to inform the reader that this is my First guide and please forgive any mistakes and please post with corrections. I will be adding pictures and Experience per Hour Charts soon! This guide is how I got from level 3 to 90 fast, using many monsters and quests to level up, and making money in the process using mainly a Warrior-type character.

NOTE: Remember to NEVER use a Wilderness world, where other players can attack you(Unless you want to).

Chapter II, Levels 3-20

The easiest way to get to level 20 is to first kill Chickens (I recommend the chicken farm across the river and north, across from the potato field). You may be thinking "What?!" but if you think about it, chickens are the easiest way to level up for many reasons. First is that since chickens should NEVER hurt you, you don't need any food or armor (Just a weapon). Another reason is that chickens drop feathers that can be stacked and sold for around 4-5gp each, making them semi-profitable for a level 3-20 player. Lastly, they drop bones that you can bury, raw chicken you can cook and feathers you can sell, helping you gain levels and profit!

Monks (lvl 2) are also a good way to get your levels up and make some money at the same time. Monks drop Bones that you can bury or sell, they can heal you if they ever hit you, just talk to them! Monks are located West of Edgeville, which is North of Barbarian Village, so they're very close to the Grand Exchange!

If chickens and monks get boring for you, I recommend attacking Cows or Calves once you reach a level of around 10-15. Cows and calves are located either far north of Lumbridge (Recommended, less people and bank just north of them, near Gyrocopters) and beside the recommended chicken coop. Cows and calves drop cowhides that you can sell for around 100gp (I think), raw beef you can cook and bones you can bury, making them more profitable and you can still gain levels with them. One downfall to killing cows is that cows CAN hurt you, so I'd recommend bringing armor (the highest level you can wear) to protect yourself, lots of food, or have a high defense level. Here's another map to get there from the chickens:

Cows.png

NOTE: Once you gain enough levels, remember to buy the highest level weapons and armor, so you can keep up with the levels of the monsters you fight.

Chapter III, Levels 20-30

To get to level 30 from level 20 is easy and quick. You can just keep killing Cows until you're level 30, making LOTS of money in the process, or you can start doing quests and your achievement diary(If you haven't already done them already).

Another way is to head over to Al-Kharid, either through the gate across the bridge away from the Lumbridge Castle and south of the recommended chickens and cows(need 10gp if you haven't done Prince Ali Rescue Quest yet), go to the building in the center of the city, and start killing the Al-Kharid Warriors! Notice how whenever you attack on of them they all start yelling "Brother, I will help you with this infidel" (or something like that, I'll fix it soon...)and all gang up on you. They are only level 9 each but remember, they have numbers against you so remember to bring your best armor with you! (You should be wearing at least black armor and weapons at this time) These monsters don't drop a lot of profitable items, but drop bones and are good to train on for experience if you're not killing for profit!

One last way to get to level 30 (that I'm going to post here) is to go to Varrock (Go across bridge in Lumbridge away from Lumbridge Castle and go north until a fork in road, go right and when you come to another fork go left) and kill the Guards there. They should be level 21 and easy to kill if you're a magician or a level 25+ warrior. (Not recommended for Rangers) There are fences where you can hide if you're low on health and need to heal or if you're a mage. Also a benefit to Varrock is that there is a Sword shop, Armor shop, Rune shop, Range shop, 2 Banks and the Grand Exchange all in a short distance between each other, making it the perfect supplying city.

Chapter IV, Level 30-40

To get to level 40, I recommend killing Zombies (Level 13 and 24) or Skeletons (Level 21 and 25) in the Varrock Sewers just north of the eastern bank and close to the wall of the Varrock Castle (You will see a red '!' in your Mini-Map, go there and climb down). These zombies are deep in the Sewers so I'd recommend bringing food, armor and lots of run energy, in the form of an explorer ring (1-3)(To get away if you need to). Once you are in the sewers, go through the North-East tunnel, past the Level 13 Zombie and West through the door and past the other Zombie. Once you're at the cavern with the Giant Rats (Level 3), go North until you reach the Skeletons. You can stay here and train on Skeletons if you like to, or head West, past the Ghosts, through the door, South and then West to the Zombies. If you're a mage or Ranger, you can go West when you first enter the Dungeon, go North, and stop when you see the Zombies and fire away!

Zombies are also located in the Stronghold of Security(West of Varrock in Barbarian Village, smack dab in the middle) in the second level. They are located to the west doorway. Zombies don't drop many profitable items, but do give bones.

Another way is to kill Hill Giants (Level 28) by either buying a Brass Key or by going to the Edgeville Dungeon. Edgeville is North of Barbarian Village. To get the key, go into the building with the Yew trees and go to the red '!' and climb down the trapdoor in the far corner of the building. Walk North past the spiders and rats then RUN past the skeletons, they have the potential to do damage, into the door at the east side of the room. Once past the door, walk east in the hallway until you get near another Skeleton, the RUN North-East through another hallway that leads you to a series of hallways, go to the South-Eastern hallway, past more Skeletons, and go South until you get to another door. Go through that door and you should be in a Mining room. Once there RUN east and then South past the Hobgoblins and go into a room where a Brass key is on the floor. Pick up the key and run back out of the room and head South. You should be in a room full of Hill Giants. If you're lucky, there won't be many people there, but if there is a lot of people, you can switch worlds. Hill Giants drop Big Bones, which you can either sell for money or bury for 25 prayer xp, Limpwurt Roots, which you can sell or take to the Apothicary in South Varrock to make Strength Potion, along with Red Spiders' eggs. Once you get a full load of bones you want to sell, you can go north to a ladder that will lead you to a small building West-South-West of the Grand Exchange, where you can either bank them or sell them. Hill Giants CAN do damage and use a CRUSH attack, so I recommend using Chain Mail Armor, which you can buy in either the Grand Exchange or the Armor shop in East Varrock and bringing LOTS of food if you're less than level 35.

Levels 40-55

The quickest way to get to Level 55 is to kill:

A.) Lesser Demons (lvl 82 but easy to kill) NOT recommended unless you have a high enough fishing and cooking level to cook and catch lobsters or swordfish and are a pure/tanker or at least level 50. Lessers are found at Karmaja Island, Crandor Island and the Wilderness just south of the Greater Demons. Karmaja is recommended because the Wilderness has Revenants and they can deal HEUG damage. If you go to Karmaja, then you must go to Port Sarim with at least 30 gp and ask a sailor to sail you to karmaja (Which costs 30 gp). Once you get there, head down that road past the banana plantation and keep going that direction until you get to the top of a volcano. There should be a pothole that you can climb down into the volcano. once you get there, you have 3 choices. 1st, if you didn't complete the Dragon Slayer quest, then you only have 1 choice, which is to go west about 1 screen until you find a road leading south where a bunch of lessers are. This place is usually really crowded. If you did do Dragon Slayer, then keep going west until you find a wall (The one you went through after you killed Evlarg). Go through it and there will be some more lessers there. If this place is crowded, you can keep heading North, past Evlarg, and up through the cave entrance to Crandor where there are a couple lessers that should be uncrowded. Note: if you go to Karmaja, remember to bring either a harpoon (tuna or swordfish) or a lobster pot and 30gp to get there.

B.) More Hill Giants!! By now you should have enough prayer level to want to sell the Big Bones. Big bones sell for lots of money and, since it is so close to the G.E., it should have a high profit per hour. One downfall of Hill Giants is that they are usually crowded and you may not get a lot of them in an hour (unless you are a ranger or mage, then you can hide in the spot i'll show you.) Note: if you have the fishing and cooking level, you can go east to Barbarian Village and fish Trout, Salmon or Pike and cook them for food.

More Coming Soon!! ::'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Killing lesser demons at lvl 55? :o Oh, and I coulden't stay at hill giants for a pretty long time without dying until i was lvl 50 something, so the idea of hill giants at 30 would waste food like mad.

Suggestion: at a lvl of about 65, go to stronghold of security level 3. go through the first set of doors and you'll see some spiders. go to the middle of the room and turn auto-retaliate on. watch some youtube and eat when nesecary.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried any of these methods? I tried killing lessar demons with 60 attack, 65 strength, 40 defense while using a rune scimitar, a set of rune armour, and an amulet of power. I used 2 to 5 pieces of food a kill. At flesh crawlers, I used no food and got from 20 to 60 range on a secondary account.

You should test what you tell us on where to train.

4 Questions you should ask yourself about a training spot:

How far is this location from a bank?

How far is this places from a spot to gather food?

How easy is it to get to?

How many people are there during peak and non-peak times?

I gave you a 3/10 rating for this as-is. If you do more research, add images, then I will change my rating.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

k but if you think about it, if you have the ability to fish for lobsters and cook them, then if you train lessers at karmaja then you may go through food fast, but you also get fishing, cooking and combat xp when you go back and forth to fish and cook lobs.

Get my idea?

I am going to post pics soon.

As for the testing, i just made a completely different account and i am starting to use the guide now.

Good guide, although big bones give 15 exp each, not 25.

Once you get to a higher combat level (60 or so) Moss Giants on Crandor start becoming good, as they drop big bones and a lot of high alchables. You'll be getting hit a lot without a good defence level, though.

Also, Lesser demons are terrible until about 80 or so combat, you'll get hit a ton and you'll be using up tons of food.

Leman.png

k but if you think about it, if you have the ability to fish for lobsters and cook them, then if you train lessers at karmaja then you may go through food fast, but you also get fishing, cooking and combat xp when you go back and forth to fish and cook lobs.

Get my idea?

You don't always have a person to make a fire there and I don;t want to wait 4-5 minutes just to cook 26 or so pieces of food and risk burning them which means I would have to spend time catch more. You spend more time catching food then training combat until a higher level. Another thing is that they are overcrowded at peak times (3:00 pm EST - 9:00 pm EST).

Don't get me wrong, your guide is good for those who don't have a good knowledge of training places or those who want to train skills at a slower rate with less grinding.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• 3 weeks later...

Its not bad but its the same guide over and over...

chickens... cows... hill giants...

weve all seen it before and it would be nice if somebody experimented with soemthing different?

Also lessers at level 40-60 is highly inefficient due to their max hit 8-10?

Hill giants are ALWAYS crowded in F2p aswell, so as i said, try and experiment with different monsters.

I also suggest added an equipment section because you haven't told people what to use which means they are just going to run into chickens unarmed! :o

Ino a disaster

but with the higher sections it is useful

Jamje.png

null and void

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice guide, but can i also suggest for the chickens part.. You might wanna tell people its a lot more profitable then many people think, because of the new skill, summoning, the raw chickens have gone up to 40-50gp each(last checked around 4 months ago) For Level 3-20 thats a very good price because say they collect 27 each invent because of the feathers(if decided to pick up).

So 27x45=1215gp each invent, and with the feathers a good 1500gp+ each invent. So just maybe suggesting that, but your opinion. :mrgreen:

Nice job though. =D>

Sig-BlackOps-DjTeryaki.jpg

Cockroach workers and ice warriors/giants are good training spots.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

I would say, the guide layout is good, but monster suggestion... there is still room for improvement

Suggesting people to fight lessers in lvl50 is crazy. They deal incredible amount of damage (max hit 8). A player can kill one or two, but not much. They cannot deal a lot of damage, which is releated to experience growth, too. Even moss giant is unsuitable (max hit 6). Flesh crawlers, on the other hand, is good.

You must try the methods that you suggest

added: as a general rule, monsters with level less than half the combat level of the player is suitable for training monsters

added: asking people to kill hill giants in lvl30 is too ambitious

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

meh...for maging...there's some really good spots...moss giants in the varrock sewers are rarely crowded...and are easy if you have 60+ defence...also...for low lvl training..monkeys on karamja are quick to kill and offer bones that give a slight better xp rate than normal bones

div>

• 1 month later...

not a bad start

Add pictures, you need to show your monsters. Also, it is far better to use a map to illustrate the position of various dungeons rather than using descriptive words. It may be confusing.

BTW add more alternatives. For example, if I don't feel good with hill giants, I may kill minotaurs or hobgoblins. Same for other monsters

Looking forward to seeing your finished guide

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest post-poning the lesser demons to at least 60+ or you'd be wasting time. I think something very important would be several things to speed up the process:

First of all, the Explorer's Ring, from lumbridge diaries. Very decent equipment.

Try pointing at each level-interval what you suggest people to buy. (hitting 30 defense --> Adaminth armour for example)

A fun way to train, which I've always thought of, were the guards at falador north/south gate or varrock palace. Inside the palace, up the stairs are also several guard spawns, usualy left alone as few know about it. Black knights are also quite nice experience, once inside black knights castle. Definitly worth it. For higher levels, also consider white knights.

For medium levels not looking for loot, you can often kill scorpions at various mines. People are quite often thankfull you get rid of them, this gives you a social way to train, instead of the ''GTFO of here, my hill giant spawn'' types ;)

Optional, point towards the benefits of training fishing/cooking and which food is best to use. Tuna > lobster/swordfish for example if you aren't very rich. Trout/salmon is also quite cheap and pretty nice. I believe for high levels those cockroaches aren't bad and have the best F2P drops. The stronghold of security has some awesome places ofcourse, but are quite dull :D

Ah well, just some ideas, keep up the good writing. It's not finished yet, but it looks very nice.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg