Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jan. 7 Poll Clues! Sailing Skill [NEW] Exploration Skill

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

muuuuuuuuuu
[ Display Name History ]

muuuuuuuuuu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:muuuuuuuuuu
I think a new skill would be cool, maybe not necessarily sailing, but a new skill would certainly make my goal of ~2100 total w/o more combat much easier to accomplish :D

i wish i had the mind of a merching genious like yourself i woulda never have through to invest in bronze meds, i hear you graduated from med school.

You misspelled "genius"

I just had to point that out >.>

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I think a new skill would be cool, maybe not necessarily sailing, but a new skill would certainly make my goal of ~2100 total w/o more combat much easier to accomplish :D

i wish i had the mind of a merching genious like yourself i woulda never have through to invest in bronze meds, i hear you graduated from med school.

You misspelled "genius"

you mispelt genious an its your rsn, so welcome to the club :thumbup:
Posted Image

Ollyc3
[ Display Name History ]

Ollyc3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • RSN:Ollyc3
  • Clan:Divination
^ Lmao, amazing
2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RSN:Jettrider
  • Clan:DGS
1) There is no evidence for sailing AT ALL in RuneScape, the highscore icon was confirmed fake, and the banner on a ship was simply a scene from an adventuring game.

2) FunOrb has a sailing/pirate based game in development called "Pirate Lords." So even if there is talk of a sailing update by Jagex, it'll just be a FunOrb game.

2496 Completionist

No_99_Melee
[ Display Name History ]

No_99_Melee

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Clan:SnC

You misspelled "genius"

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

muuuuuuuuuu
[ Display Name History ]

muuuuuuuuuu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • RSN:muuuuuuuuuu

You misspelled "genius"

Thanks! I've been lonely all these years being the only member of said club. :(

pkinyou
[ Display Name History ]

pkinyou

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • RSN:Pk I N Y O U
Ok. Heres my take on this.

Sailing- I can see how it would be a decent skill but HOW could this skill possible be put into the game?! I mean think about it, theres no that much water around Runescape. Unless JaGex widened the map by like 1000 times then I honestly dont see how this can possibly be a skill whatsoever!

I mean hey, I'll jump on the sailing bandwagon if it does be a skill but I jut don't see how it can. I mean hello.. Charter ships.. its not like there expensive whatsoever... but meh.. just my opinion. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Posted Image

No_99_Melee
[ Display Name History ]

No_99_Melee

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Clan:SnC
Could sailing be introduced with the new accessable eastern lands? Could be possible that reaching certain parts of the new lands could be determined based on your sailing level. 99 sailing gets you to some kick [wagon] island that's made of cabbage or something?
Posted Image

Great_one
[ Display Name History ]

Great_one

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Y_z
how could you not like sailing, just look at my take on it!

1)sailing is released

2)i train it up

3) i sail on a boat

4) ?????????

5) PROFIT!!!
Posted Image

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RSN:Gandorf61
Well this so called "hint" doesn't have to be on a whole sailing skill. What about it referring to a new quest or more specifically perhaps the 150th quest? Maybe the sailing is something that will be used in the quest, not as a skill but just as something you have to overcome or perhaps the problem revolves around sailing to a new area.

Considering that all the banners on the main page we've seen have been related to a quest I think the one from the HD release might be related to the 150th quest.

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity
I plan to laugh at all of you when Sailing is actually released.

Sorry to say, but every skill in the past that people have said "were only rumors and would be lame," came out. Farming. No one thought it would be cool to plant a seed and watch it grow. Did it happen anyway? Yes. Summoning. People made rumors about it for years. Did it happen? Yes? Player Owned Houses. Did people talk about them since RSC and expect them to eventually be released? Yes. Did it happen? Yes. Construction came out. Did people think Hunter would be lame and exactly like Slayer? Yes. Did it still come out? Yes.

So, I'm sorry for telling you, kiddies, but if rumors have spread this largely over the community of Runescape players and it has caught THIS much hype, even if Jagex wasn't planning on making it before, they sure as hell are thinking of it now.

I give it a year tops. We'll have Sailing soon enough. Just wait and watch.
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

Sorry to say, but every skill in the past that people have said "were only rumors and would be lame," came out. Farming. No one thought it would be cool to plant a seed and watch it grow. Did it happen anyway? Yes. Summoning. People made rumors about it for years. Did it happen? Yes? Player Owned Houses. Did people talk about them since RSC and expect them to eventually be released? Yes. Did it happen? Yes. Construction came out. Did people think Hunter would be lame and exactly like Slayer? Yes. Did it still come out? Yes.

So, I'm sorry for telling you, kiddies, but if rumors have spread this largely over the community of Runescape players and it has caught THIS much hype, even if Jagex wasn't planning on making it before, they sure as hell are thinking of it now.

Farming was confirmed a couple months before release. Summoning has been in the grape vine, confirmed since 2001. Construction has been in the grapevine, confirmed since 2001. Nobody talked about Hunter until it was announced. Nobody talked about Slayer until it was released. I fail to see how any of your points backup your overall point.

You don't make a valid point out of saying "Well if they didn't think about it, they sure are now". There's no proof sailing or Archaeology is coming out, and I'd sure like to have your worry-free life if you can spend your time waiting for valiant Jagex to come prove you right.

I made a thread in 2006 linking to the Knowledge Base, where i found a headed article "Construction". My thread pointed out that the skill would not be carpentry, the rsc name, but Construction, as pointed out by the page. Jagex changed the page to say "Nothing to see here", my thread was locked, and I was reprimanded for abusing pages Jagex didn't want us to see.

I was right. The difference between us, is that I actually had proof, and I'm not referring to grainy pictures and nondescript .
Posted Image

Posted Image

3hitm4g3u
[ Display Name History ]

3hitm4g3u

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
This was funny as a joke but if Jagex really do bring out sailing as a skill I will lose what little faith I have left in them.
Posted Image

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts
you know what sailing backwards is? gnilias! GNILIAS R ALMOST ILIAS, GREEK MYTHOLOGY IN RUNESCAPE PL0X!@!?
Posted Image

Kenneh
[ Display Name History ]

Kenneh

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Kennny
  • RSN2:x Kaylin x
Ill wait till i see an official post from jagex on any new skills, although i do think 150th quest may be a new skill....
Posted Image

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity

Farming was confirmed a couple months before release. Summoning has been in the grape vine, confirmed since 2001. Construction has been in the grapevine, confirmed since 2001. Nobody talked about Hunter until it was announced. Nobody talked about Slayer until it was released. I fail to see how any of your points backup your overall point.

You don't make a valid point out of saying "Well if they didn't think about it, they sure are now". There's no proof sailing or Archaeology is coming out, and I'd sure like to have your worry-free life if you can spend your time waiting for valiant Jagex to come prove you right.

I made a thread in 2006 linking to the Knowledge Base, where i found a headed article "Construction". My thread pointed out that the skill would not be carpentry, the rsc name, but Construction, as pointed out by the page. Jagex changed the page to say "Nothing to see here", my thread was locked, and I was reprimanded for abusing pages Jagex didn't want us to see.

I was right. The difference between us, is that I actually had proof, and I'm not referring to grainy pictures and nondescript .

The only thing you did in that post is prove my points further. Changing your phrasing and saying the skills were "in the grapevine" is the same as saying they were rumored, talked about, fought over, ect ect.

You had no proof of hunter until about 1-2 months before released. It still happened. Jagex hid it from everyone more carefully than they did previous skills.

Sorry hun, but just because the almighty Omali hasn't cracked any codes yet doesn't mean something can't be in the making or on the way. Jagex announced Summoning to help keep people from quitting over the trade limit update. A smart individual such as yourself should be very aware of that. They don't necessarily have to announce the next skill if they chose to keep it under wraps.
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

psvstef
[ Display Name History ]

psvstef

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

In an isolated place, away from any kind of distraction, working on a certain skill

isolated place,isolated place,isolated place,isolated place

we might be able to sail to a isolated place <3:
Posted Image

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Riemis
  • RSN2:Wow a 2
  • Clan:RSR
What if Jagex has read all these sailing rumours and like to see us fighting about it, so they have just added some sailing related words to their sentences? :?

stormveritas
[ Display Name History ]

stormveritas

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • RSN:Stormveritas
I think it's just speculation that's a bit overreactive.

Jagex would need to make sailing ENORMOUS to be of any value. As is, teleportation methods are so prevalant that any speed in transit is almost laughable. You have normal, lunar, and ancient teleports, fairy rings, gnome gliders, eagles, hot air balloons, several one-click (ecto, elf, karamja, sceptre, cabbage) several teleportation jewelries (duel, glory, games, various bracelets), summons which teleport, wilderness switch, wilderness obelisks, and more.

The only way sailing could be useful would be access to previously non-existant spots. Places to fish, hunt, slay, etc., only accessible via sailing.

Of course, there's no need for the skill, either. Jagex already has charter ships, and can always insert new teleportation media to work around rolling out a whole new skill.
Posted Image

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep
Common sense tells you that they put Sailing in there on purpose. Pretend you were writing it, would you actually choose the world "sailing" over anything else accidently...?

But seriously, we don't need anymore damn skills. Jeese, no other company feels the need to keep implementing stupid skills, why does Jagex feel they have to add a new one all of the time? Every skill they have added have gotten less useful than the previous one. Seriously, sailing...omg. It's like everyone said, we have Charter Ships. I'm sure Jagex will make some stupid reason to have it as a skills because the shipmasters can't go there or something. :roll: Honestly though, Hunter was completely uneccessary. They could have found another way to put all of those items in the game without adding a new skill. Or at least a few of them, because the majority is useless. :?

If they add Sailing, it better be like Archaeology, not an actual skill. Something like miniquests to discover the locations for the shipmasters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users