Jan. 7 Poll Clues! Sailing Skill [NEW] Exploration Skill

Gandorf61

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to laugh at all of you when Sailing is actually released.

Sorry to say, but every skill in the past that people have said "were only rumors and would be lame," came out. Farming. No one thought it would be cool to plant a seed and watch it grow. Did it happen anyway? Yes. Summoning. People made rumors about it for years. Did it happen? Yes? Player Owned Houses. Did people talk about them since RSC and expect them to eventually be released? Yes. Did it happen? Yes. Construction came out. Did people think Hunter would be lame and exactly like Slayer? Yes. Did it still come out? Yes.

So, I'm sorry for telling you, kiddies, but if rumors have spread this largely over the community of Runescape players and it has caught THIS much hype, even if Jagex wasn't planning on making it before, they sure as hell are thinking of it now.

I give it a year tops. We'll have Sailing soon enough. Just wait and watch.

I'm going with Outsanity on this one. If it's not in development now, they sure have considered it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I personally think that if Sailing ever comes out it won't be a skill but a reward from a Quest that you unlock the ability to own a boat and sail to any port from any port.

To be fair, there is no point arguing, if it comes out, those who said it would can brag, if not, then those who said it wouldn't have the right to insult you. Simple.

I bet my entire bank that the makeover mage will be the one with the skill cape.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

"There's something big on the horizon!"

Yet... there was no horizon involved. Just stop getting all hyper because you heard the world sailing said by Jagex. Yeah, I'd like the skill too, and I think it's probably coming eventually. However, you don't need to quote Jagex whenever they say something even sailing related.

shunn the none believer, shunnnn shhhhhhhhun

You watch too much Charlie the Unicorn, if you ask me.

Besides about this so-called sailing skill (magical sailing!), JAGeX ain't hyping it, the players are!

priest_wiz.png

"There's something big on the horizon!"

Yet... there was no horizon involved. Just stop getting all hyper because you heard the world sailing said by Jagex. Yeah, I'd like the skill too, and I think it's probably coming eventually. However, you don't need to quote Jagex whenever they say something even sailing related.

shunn the none believer, shunnnn shhhhhhhhun

You watch too much Charlie the Unicorn, if you ask me.

Besides about this so-called sailing skill (magical sailing!), JAGeX ain't hyping it, the players are!

jagex are merely doing jack sparrow quotes and fanning the flames

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Who was that idiot a while ago who declared sailing false? He must feel like a jackass.

Really though I don't think you can speculate much past the word itself. It's not like there is any other new evidence to suggest anything, and that banner wasn't a sailing cape.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Who was that idiot a while ago who declared sailing false? He must feel like a jackass.

Really though I don't think you can speculate much past the word itself. It's not like there is any other new evidence to suggest anything, and that banner wasn't a sailing cape.

The banner showed a green dragon attacking crandor, and at the time the tutorial island was getting replaced, but the dragon mod simon was quoted saying "Could it be elvargs mother?" in more than a few words, and threw in a few Jack Sparrow quotes after, but if that thing on the highscores the icon wasnt false then fair enough, however.

On miniclip, the advertisement made my jagex, said 25+ skills, theres currently 24 skills, and the genie lamp has 24 icons on, with space for 2 more, and that was ony updated about 2 months ago, i believe this year isnt just 1 skill, and that it's 2, i believe its like smithing is to mining, and fishing is to cooking, jagex throw in a few quotes for jack sparrow, and the word sailing in the poll post, the evidence to me doesnt point to once skill, but infact two.. flame me all you want.

I believe it's sailing + one other yet to be named... Ned could also be the Achievement cape owner, since he is a retired sailer.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I agree with Outsanity. I mean, why would Jagex be stupid enough to not make Sailing when there is obviously a big hype about it?

They ARE making it.

Just not on RuneScape.

The new game will be a multiplayer pirate based adventure with lots of fun to be had sailing ships and having battles on the high seas! You can expect to see all the usual pirate items in this game but with a cool FunOrb spin on things.

However, you will need to have your wits about you in this game - not everyone you meet on your pirate adventure will be friendly! It's a good job you have a cannon to master!

I agree that Jagex thinks more seriously about updates when they have massive player support. That doesn't mean they have to unbalance RuneScape to make every little skill.

2496 Completionist

That doesn't mean they have to unbalance RuneScape to make every little skill.

How exactly are they "unbalancing" Runescape?

Every skill has an intricate place within the RuneScape system.

Crafting, for example, affects all these skills and more:

•  
    [*:1fjgag5h]Ranged - armor

[*:1fjgag5h]Fletching - bowstrings

[*:1fjgag5h]Herblore - glassmaking vials

[*:1fjgag5h]Magic - orbs and battlestaves

[*:1fjgag5h]Combat/Slayer - various jewelry

[*:1fjgag5h]Cooking - crafting pots/pans

[*:1fjgag5h]Farming - crafting baskets and sacks

Sailing is understood by nature to be a skill about finding loot and transportation. There are already so many ways of doing this that to make the skill useful, they would have to make some things at higher levels more efficient/profitable than other means; if they don't do this, then the skill is useless and should not have been released. When more and more new skills are released without adding a new dimension to the game, it quickly gets unbalanced.

All the latest releases have showed this.

Summoning probably involves more skills than any other skill.

Hunter released new range weapons (however, this skill is largely useless. Could have done without)

Construction literally has a room for every processing skill. A whole new dimension to transportation and training.

Farming helps tremendously in cooking and herblore; a kind of do-it-yourself skill.

2496 Completionist

Every skill has an intricate place within the RuneScape system.

Crafting, for example, affects all these skills and more:

* Ranged - armor

* Fletching - bowstrings

* Herblore - glassmaking vials

* Magic - orbs and battlestaves

* Combat/Slayer - various jewelry

* Cooking - crafting pots/pans

* Farming - crafting baskets and sacks

You use Crafting as an example to show that every skill has interrelating elements in Runescape? Sorry, but only a few skills can be placed on that same pedestal of diversity. Woodcutting and Agility are both skills but you don't see much variety in those... yet people train them all the time.

There are already so many ways of doing this that to make the skill useful, they would have to make some things at higher levels more efficient/profitable than other means; if they don't do this, then the skill is useless and should not have been released.

Wait a second. You completely omitted the fun aspect of the game in your argument. Besides, I don't think adding more efficient/profitable means is as infeasible as you make it seem. If it was possible with Hunter and Farming, skills that everyone assumed would be pointless, why can't it be possible for Sailing?

When more and more new skills are released without adding a new dimension to the game, it quickly gets unbalanced.

Sailing for loot and fun isn't a new dimension to the game yet obtaining herbs is?

Also, you never told me how any of that makes Runescape "unbalanced". You seem to be forgetting that people train skills just because of the fact that they are skills. If Jagex implemented Sailing, that doesn't mean people are going to stop using other methods of loot gathering altogether. Different people have different preferences. For example, PKing is probably the best way of making money right now, but personally I prefer making money by RCing. The fact that PKing can earn you a larger quantity of money does not suggest that people are just gonna completely forget about RCing.

Like i have always said with threads with "Sailing" in it:

I hope they don't release anything that has with that to do...

+1

My stomach sinks whenever I see Jagex hint at something like this, if they release this I will die inside whenever I train this skill. Don't tell me I wouldn't have to train it either because it gets in the way of my ToG and my total level becomes an utter joke.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Like i have always said with threads with "Sailing" in it:

I hope they don't release anything that has with that to do...

+1

My stomach sinks whenever I see Jagex hint at something like this, if they release this I will die inside whenever I train this skill. Don't tell me I wouldn't have to train it either because it gets in the way of my ToG and my total level becomes an utter joke.

The players with most advantage is those who train all skills, all of them help each other in some way. And i like you would die of training sailing.

"Congratulations, you sailed to the new ISLAND!!!" Your now level 2 Sailing!!"

Or a good one which is a idea:

"Congratulations, your now 82 Sailing, you can now Sail to "Demon Island".

*SirHemen sails to Demon Island*

* SirHemen kills special demon monsters!!!"*

I hope that last part ain't what sailing might be like...because that would annoy me.

The players with most advantage is those who train all skills, all of them help each other in some way. And i like you would die of training sailing.

"Congratulations, you sailed to the new ISLAND!!!" Your now level 2 Sailing!!"

Or a good one which is a idea:

"Congratulations, your now 82 Sailing, you can now Sail to "Demon Island".

*SirHemen sails to Demon Island*

* SirHemen kills special demon monsters!!!"*

I hope that last part ain't what sailing might be like...because that would annoy me.

Congratulations, you are now 75 sailing. You can now sail on YEW BOATS (I mean ships)!!!

And you need to train it to be able to do every quest... I would hate that.

What we need is no new skill. Just some add-ons for previous ones. Like cons, fm, hunter and others.

priest_wiz.png

Guys, go to Goblin Village. Examine the table in one of the buildings, it says something like this:

"A good example of why gunpowder and cooking don't mix."

Gunpower, used in GUNS. They could have said dynamite, or TNT or something like that but they didn't. Seriously, if you ever needed more proof that guns are coming to RuneScape this is it!! Ranged is obviously going to play a huge part, I expect chins will sky rocket!! \'

Guys, go to Goblin Village. Examine the table in one of the buildings, it says something like this:

Gunpower, used in GUNS. They could have said dynamite, or TNT or something like that but they didn't. Seriously, if you ever needed more proof that guns are coming to RuneScape this is it!! Ranged is obviously going to play a huge part, I expect chins will sky rocket!! \'

Nice one. Perfect example of what happens when people set out looking for hints.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

OMG! New skill will be gunshooting!!!!

Besides, why would there be TNT or dynamite in RS. Gunpowder makes more sence if you look at it from a historical point.

priest_wiz.png

OMG! New skill will be gunshooting!!!!

Besides, why would there be TNT or dynamite in RS. Gunpowder makes more sence if you look at it from a historical point.

Especially since we have cannons, and we made the gunpowder in a quest (well, got some stuff for that goblin chef to make it).

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif