compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How ironic, mr. efficiency isn't efficient. Anywho, yeah it isn't worth it, unless you enjoy seeing slightly higher hits, or if you care about looks, neither of these are very efficient.

I'm not always efficient, but I do factor fun into it ::'

Perception: if you don't like BA, then there is no reason y u should get torso, because u prob don't value it as much.

Incorrect. Realistically: Even if you love BA and do end up getting a torso, simply drop it; your wasting a bank space.

i agree, but the bottom line is

IF U DONT' LIKE TORSO\ BA, u think its a waste of time, not worth it

IF U DO LIKE TORSO\BA, u think torso is definately worth it.

perception ppl. lets stop repeating what we already said and just end this, we think differently on how torso is valued

Wrong. See above. Regardless of how much you love BA, you might as well drop the torso. It's worthless.

I view differently. I like the torso, I wont drop it because its worth it to me. Its worth the time i spent on it.

Right...

perception is the whole argument here, please do not dismiss it as my opinion, as this whole thing is ur opinion as well. What your trying to do is trying to take my viewpoint away. I value torso over any time wasted on doing anything else. if there is nothing u can say to that then don't. But don't dismiss it as something that counter acts and disagrees with ur "fact" about torso not being worth it. as i said, i percieve\value torso differently.

Here's some FACTS. Your having a problem confusing them with opinions:

[FACTS]

Torso is NOT worth getting, the time taken to get a torso far outweighs the benefits

If you do get a torso, you will get faster XP by dropping it and putting on a proslyte plate\dharoks plate. On certain strength levels it will raise your max hit by 1, but this is fairly unlikely and will most likely not be noticeable; a significant amount of XP will be sacrificed for this.

[/FACTS]

[OPINION]

Every now and then I hit 1 higher with torso, even though I'm getting less XP, I prefer that over getting more XP but occasionally seeing 1 lower hit with a different platebody

[/OPINION]

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

+4 strength bonus will more often then not increase your max hit by 1. If you do pvp alot, even safe minigames like clan wars, it is very useful.

If you only train then yes the 8 hours or so it takes to get it could have been put to better use, but I don't personally know anyone who got a torso just to help with their training.

If you're not pvp oriented, safe or unsafe, then I agree you'd be better of with rune or w/e.

Zerker_jane.png

I view differently. I like the torso, I wont drop it because its worth it to me. Its worth the time i spent on it.

Then just put it on when your woodcutting\whatever, or put it in your inventory to admire it and thinka bout all the time you spent on it. Use another plate so you get better XP. It's similar to wielding a dragon scimitar over a whip just because you can't help thinking about all the time you spent on getting that scimitar.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

+4 strength bonus will more often then not increase your max hit by 1. If you do pvp alot, even safe minigames like clan wars, it is very useful.

If you only train then yes the 8 hours or so it takes to get it could have been put to better use, but I don't personally know anyone who got a torso just to help with their training.

If you're not pvp oriented, safe or unsafe, then I agree you'd be better of with rune or w/e.

I've done more PVP (over 900 hours and counting) then almost anyone else I've ever met. And torso stinks for PVP, very badly. Barrows makes it look pathetic. If you can't afford the 3k per hour repair cost you shouldn't be doing PVP, as you would have to do 2,000+ hours of PVP just to break even with the time spent on torso - all the time fighting with vastly inferior torso stats.

DeviledEgg24.png

perception is the whole argument here, please do not dismiss it as my opinion, as this whole thing is ur opinion as well. What your trying to do is trying to take my viewpoint away. I value torso over any time wasted on doing anything else. if there is nothing u can say to that then don't. But don't dismiss it as something that counter acts and disagrees with ur "fact" about torso not being worth it. as i said, i percieve\value torso differently.

[FACTS]

Torso is NOT worth getting, the time taken to get a torso far outweighs the benefits

If you do get a torso, you will get faster XP by dropping it and putting on a proslyte plate\dharoks plate. On certain strength levels it will raise your max hit by 1, but this is fairly unlikely and will most likely not be noticeable; a significant amount of XP will be sacrificed for this.

[/FACTS]

[OPINION]

Every now and then I hit 1 higher with torso, even though I'm getting less XP, I prefer that over getting more XP but occasionally seeing 1 lower hit with a different platebody

[/OPINION]

Ur "facts" does not answer my perception argument. I value torso above any extra exp i wuld of lost trying to get it. So in the end, I wont' drop torso thxkbai. Anywayz by the time i max my stats, i really could careless about faster exp i can get. 8 hours to getting torso doesn't mean that i am going to use 8 hours on training or making money. If u say in the long run that torso isn't worth it, but we only dumped 8 hours on it. There isn't any guarantee that in those 8 hours anyway wuld train.

Right...

I've done more PVP (over 900 hours and counting) then almost anyone else I've ever met. And torso stinks for PVP, very badly. Barrows makes it look pathetic. If you can't afford the 3k per hour repair cost you shouldn't be doing PVP, as you would have to do 2,000+ hours of PVP just to break even with the time spent on torso - all the time fighting with vastly inferior torso stats.

Fighter torso is best for those under 65 defence.

When you're 70+ defence you get bandos chestplate for safe pvp and barrows for pking.

Zerker_jane.png

Perception. Some ppl prefer the torso over barrows like me. To me winning a fight isn't everything. I want to own...and if i lose so be it. I still remembered the time i hit 46 on my 99 def friend, he higher lvl then me. I 3 hit him. U may say its luck but i hit the 46. Which wuld not of happend without the +4 str bonus from the torso.

everying goes backt o perception and my\others views

you can say torso is inferior as much as you want. but to me its not, to others its not. and i stand by my point.

Right...

When you're 70+ defence you get bandos chestplate for safe pvp and barrows for pking.

You can get those defence levels in the time it'd take to get the torso, no?

If you enjoy playing barbarian assault, then you enjoy the time spend getting a torso, and since having fun is the point of playing runescape, it is not time wasted.

Many people get the fighter torso under the misconception that it's worth their time and not because they enjoy the minigame itself. Try going to Barbarian Assault in a theme world reserved for it; you shouldn't have much trouble finding people with a "Once I get my torso I'm outta here" attitude. It's possible they even outnumber those who play the minigame for its own sake.

Incorrect. Realistically: Even if you love BA and do end up getting a torso, simply drop it; your wasting a bank space.

No, you can wear it as a trophy along with penance skirt and healer hat or whatever, to show off your BA prowess.

Perception. Some ppl prefer the torso over barrows like me. To me winning a fight isn't everything. I want to own...and if i lose so be it. I still remembered the time i hit 46 on my 99 def friend, he higher lvl then me. I 3 hit him. U may say its luck but i hit the 46. Which wuld not of happend without the +4 str bonus from the torso.

everying goes backt o perception and my\others views

you can say torso is inferior as much as you want. but to me its not, to others its not. and i stand by my point.

Wrong, the max with a whip is 48; 47 is possible without torso. The times that it actually affects your max hit is very rare.

DeviledEgg24.png

You can get those defence levels in the time it'd take to get the torso, no?

I'm talking about people who don't wish to get defence, but even so I doubt you could get 40 - 70 defence in 6 - 10 hours.

Zerker_jane.png

Ur "facts" does not answer my perception argument. I value torso above any extra exp i wuld of lost trying to get it. So in the end, I wont' drop torso thxkbai. Anywayz by the time i max my stats, i really could careless about faster exp i can get. 8 hours to getting torso doesn't mean that i am going to use 8 hours on training or making money. If u say in the long run that torso isn't worth it, but we only dumped 8 hours on it. There isn't any guarantee that in those 8 hours anyway wuld train.

Don't bother with the quotes around the facts, as they ARE facts. I nicely answered your perception argument under my opinion section.

As for the 'only wasting 8 hours', your not just wasting those yours - your wasting every minute you train, due to the slower XP. Again, it's like wielding a dragon scimitar with whip in inventory while training because you just can't bear to part with the item that took you so long to get, even if it is rubbish. You might be the type of person that does that, but I dare say your in the minority. Actually d scimmy takes even longer to get; I assume you wield one while training?

I'm talking about people who don't wish to get defence, but even so I doubt you could get 40 - 70 defence in 6 - 10 hours.

40-65 defence = 412,204 XP, or roughly 50k XP\hour; obtainable by anyone with 50+ combat stats, and most of those 'pures' wearing a torso at 40 defence are a tad higher then 50 strength.

DeviledEgg24.png

I disagree with that; fun is very important. The problem is, most of the torso are being obtained via the incorrect assumption that they are worth using, not because players love BA. The reality is that your better off dropping it.

If you enjoy playing barbarian assault, then you enjoy the time spend getting a torso, and since having fun is the point of playing runescape, it is not time wasted.

See above.

I 'maxed out' BA because I enjoy it, and I am collecting combat-oriented minigame items. I have never used it for training. I can not forsee myself filling my bank. How was getting it a waste of time, and why should I drop it?

quit

[hide=]

[FACTS]

[/FACTS]

[OPINION]

[/OPINION]

[/hide]

Your perception argument holds no value whatsoever. Please stop thinking that it does, it makes my brain sad. Your torso is not more valuable than the time you lost. FACT. There is no guarantee that in those 8 hours you would have trained. OPINION. Even if you did train for 2 of those 8 hours, you'd still have to use the torso for about 50,000 raised-max hits, and your hits will not always be raised by 1. FACT.

[hide=]

I disagree with that; fun is very important. The problem is, most of the torso are being obtained via the incorrect assumption that they are worth using, not because players love BA. The reality is that your better off dropping it.

See above.

I 'maxed out' BA because I enjoy it, and I am collecting combat-oriented minigame items. I have never used it for training. I can not forsee myself filling my bank. How was getting it a waste of time, and why should I drop it?

[/hide]

Becuase the 18 or so hours it took you to get full penance could have been spent gaining about 1.5m combat experience. If you had intended to use the armour to train and gain a raised amount of exp, that would have been wasted time. Because you enjoyed the minigame, it was not wasted time.

40-65 defence = 412,204 XP, or roughly 50k XP\hour; obtainable by anyone with 50+ combat stats, and most of those 'pures' wearing a torso at 40 defence are a tad higher then 50 strength.

But does 45 - 65 defence give sufficient strength increase to warrant raising it to that level?

Not all of us are so consumed by defence, and don't mind putting the work in to have the best equipment available. Sure, we could've been training, or making money or whatever, but now we got a nifty torso with great strength bonus and great slash defence bonus.

I got 175 quest points on by berserker pure for barrows gloves.

I could've probably got a 99 stat in the time it took to complete rfd and get all it's reqs. Do I regret it? Should I have stayed with combat bracelet? Not a chance. I enjoy having the best items I can, on any account i'm on, and I don't mind putting the work in. So fighter torso takes 10 hours to get..Big deal? If you like your account you don't mind putting in time to get good items.

Zerker_jane.png

Because you get faster XP from other platebodies, meaning that torso becomes a waste of bank space.

But does 45 - 65 defence give sufficient strength increase to warrant raising it to that level?

Not all of us are so consumed by defence, and don't mind putting the work in to have the best equipment available. Sure, we could've been training, or making money or whatever, but now we got a nifty torso with great strength bonus and great slash defence bonus.

I got 175 quest points on by berserker pure for barrows gloves.

I could've probably got a 99 stat in the time it took to complete rfd and get all it's reqs. Do I regret it? Should I have stayed with combat bracelet? Not a chance. I enjoy having the best items I can, on any account i'm on, and I don't mind putting the work in. So fighter torso takes 10 hours to get..Big deal? If you like your account you don't mind putting in time to get good items.

Barrows gloves are the best in class, fighter torso is garbage. Your trading +35 slash for an unnoticeable difference that most likely won't even affect your max hit. If your going to value your PVP hits that much, spend the 1.4 hours more to get bandos chestplate and enjoy getting beat by people in barrows.

Tell me a better torso with more strength bonus you can wear at 45 defence and i'll get it.

Tell me a better weapon you can fight black demons with at 70 attack that's black and brown striped with a [bleep]e hanging down from the end of it.

DeviledEgg24.png

if all you're basing it on is training exp then others that are waste of time are void, barrows gloves, fire cape since it takes time to get them that you will not get back. People just get minigame/quest items to have them, not everyone is trying to be as efficient as possible with what they have.

What?

m_theory11.png

Let people live the lie. Please, next time someone asks if it's worth getting or not, just say "Yes." or "No." and when someone asks why, just say "Because." and leave it at that. Give them the piece of mind they seek.

The numbers are awesome and astounding and whatnot but I hate the statement "Time is money." with a passion. I got the Fighter Torso on the first day Barbarian Assault was released and probably spent five hours doing so; then I got several friends together on subsequent days and got the Penance Gloves and Fighter Hat.

I've honestly no idea how anyone gets 100k combat XP or 450k an hour; the Aviantese were good but not that good. I don't care if you say Slayer sucks; I'll still train it because I get a piece of mind that I'm accomplishing multiple tasks at once. Not everyone's time is as valuable as yours.

Let me live the lie!

Let the lie live!

2dgucz6.png