Torso is NOT better then Adamant

compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Barrows gloves are the best in class, fighter torso is garbage.

I could've got a 99 stat or a hell of alot of money instead of getting barrows gloves.

Therefore using your logic barrows gloves are trash.

Not the point I'm making, as quests unlock so many pieces of game content that doing them is almost vital. The point I'm saying (goes along with this):

if all you're basing it on is training exp then others that are waste of time are void, barrows gloves, fire cape since it takes time to get them that you will not get back. People just get minigame/quest items to have them, not everyone is trying to be as efficient as possible with what they have.

There's a big difference - those items are actually worth using. Fighter torso has ZERO use, since other platebodies are better. So assuming you do spend the time getting it, it will simply rot in your bank, as it has no uses whatsoever.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy having the best items I can

Haha, you're real funny. I never knew the Torso was the best item ever.

Funny.

Tell me a better torso with more strength bonus you can wear at 45 defence and i'll get it.

Tell me a better red torso with a black design in the center and chain in its name that you can wear at 60 defense.

No? Then of course Dragon Chainbody is the best armor in the game. :roll:

Strength bonus doesn't make a piece of armor good. What makes a piece of equipment "good" is whether or not it serves its purpose. +4 strength doesn't even always amount to a full point of damage all the time.

Fighter's Torso:

Low defense, doesn't even always increase your max hit by 1, and even if it does, 1 damage has a minimal effect, and requires 10 hours to get

Rune Platebody:

Mediocre defense, doesn't increase your max hit at all, costs 60K.

Unless you actually enjoy BA, Rune Platebody wins hands down. Even in a PvP Situation, trading +30 defense for occasionally an extra point of damage isn't worth it. Your opponent's chance of killing you increases more than your chance of killing him/her. While training, depending on your setup, the strength may make training slightly faster. However, it is highly unlikely it'll compensate for ten hours of your time. If you ejoy BA, then by all means buy it and use it. But it's inferior to other equipment for practically all intents and purposes.

if all you're basing it on is training exp then others that are waste of time are void, barrows gloves, fire cape since it takes time to get them that you will not get back. People just get minigame/quest items to have them, not everyone is trying to be as efficient as possible with what they have.

Yes, the firecape is not really worth the time if you're only getting it to boost your exp/hr. However, it looks kind of cool, which is why I got mine. The torso is also a fairly nice-looking item. It is not, however, a useful one in terms of exp/hr.

Besides, you get about 60k ranged experience when getting a firecape, whereas you get no experience from B.A. You also get exp from Pest Control, and from finishing Recipe for Disaster, so your examples aren't very strong.

Not true. You get all sorts of other rewards besides barrows gloves from those other quests, some of which I would consider invaluable. Smoking Kills, Fairy Tale Part 2, Animal Magnetism, Defender of Varrock, and so on are worth the time on their own merits, whether or not they get you any closer to Barrows Gloves. Considering the totality of the rewards from all the quests you did to satisfy the requirement for RFD, people interested in being as efficient as possible would almost certainly be better off doing the quests. Not to mention you get lots of experience rewards from quests, where BA gives no experience, no money, and no rewards other than the torso.

I enjoy having the best items I can

Haha, you're real funny. I never knew the Torso was the best item ever.

Funny.

Tell me a better torso with more strength bonus you can wear at 45 defence and i'll get it.

Tell me a better red torso with a black design in the center and chain in its name that you can wear at 60 defense.

No? Then of course Dragon Chainbody is the best armor in the game. :roll:

Did I say it was the best item in the game? At all? Where did you people learn to read?

The best items I (<---Might want to look at that letter again, i'll repeat it anyway just in case so don't worry if you still misunderstood it) I can have.

I already said in the same quote that was plucked from that i'm talking about my 45 defence account.

Torso is the best item I (there it is again, deep breaths, we'll get through this) can wield at 45 defence. He then took that one line out and proceded to ridicule it.

Please next time read the whole post BEFORE you act like a moron.

Zerker_jane.png

Did I say it was the best item in the game? At all? Where did you people learn to read?

The best items I (<---Might want to look at that letter again, i'll repeat it anyway just in case so don't worry if you still misunderstood it) I can have.

I already said in the same quote that was plucked from that i'm talking about my 45 defence account.

Torso is the best item I (there it is again, deep breaths, we'll get through this) can wield at 45 defence. He then took that one line out and proceded to ridicule it.

You set up an almost impossible series of restrictions that applied to very few people beside you; he was simply poking fun at that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

You set up an almost impossible series of restrictions that applied to very few people beside you; he was simply poking fun at that.

Almost impossible? 45 defence is almost impossible?

Clearly you haven't got the first clue about pures OR pking (since zerker pures are dominant at combat 92 - 106).

For your information there are more 45 defence 'pures' then there is 1, or 20 defence pures.

Very few people indeed...

Zerker_jane.png

Not true. You get all sorts of other rewards besides barrows gloves from those other quests, some of which I would consider invaluable. Smoking Kills, Fairy Tale Part 2, Animal Magnetism, Defender of Varrock, and so on are worth the time on their own merits, whether or not they get you any closer to Barrows Gloves. Considering the totality of the rewards from all the quests you did to satisfy the requirement for RFD, people interested in being as efficient as possible would almost certainly be better off doing the quests. Not to mention you get lots of experience rewards from quests, where BA gives no experience, no money, and no rewards other than the torso.

I agree with both sides of this particular point. Yes there are some rewards that are great and cannot be gotten other ways to compensate. However, ReapMe is correct still. Say a quests gives experience, yes its great, however, in the time it takes to do the quest, you could have gotten that experience and more. In most cases the experience rewards from quests are not enough to compensate. Quests are more often than not inefficient. I do quests because I like them, I don't care about the rewards. I find them fun and always do them without a guide.

The same argument that compfreak847 is making can be applied to items such as the barrows gloves. Are you going to tell me that in the time it takes to get 175QP, have the necessary stats and complete the quest that it is worth using? Compare it to a Regeneration Bracelet. Lower in attack bonuses by on 4 (3 for magic), lower in defence bonuses by 6 (3 for magic), lower in strength by 5, and it costs less than 400k. Its ability to double regeneration of Hitpoints more than compensates for the small decrease in defence. It is almost the exact same argument as with the Torso. However this one provides experience bonuses and takes alot more time to get. In that time you could easily make all the experience you get from rewards and then a plethora of combat experience that trumps the "Barrows" Gloves unless you plan on doing combat for over a couple thousand hours.

ydrasil.png

I agree with both sides of this particular point. Yes there are some rewards that are great and cannot be gotten other ways to compensate. However, ReapMe is correct still. Say a quests gives experience, yes its great, however, in the time it takes to do the quest, you could have gotten that experience and more. In most cases the experience rewards from quests are not enough to compensate. Quests are more often than not inefficient. I do quests because I like them, I don't care about the rewards. I find them fun and always do them without a guide.

The same argument that compfreak847 is making can be applied to items such as the barrows gloves. Are you going to tell me that in the time it takes to get 175QP, have the necessary stats and complete the quest that it is worth using? Compare it to a Regeneration Bracelet. Lower in attack bonuses by on 4 (3 for magic), lower in defence bonuses by 6 (3 for magic), lower in strength by 5, and it costs less than 400k. Its ability to double regeneration of Hitpoints more than compensates for the small decrease in defence. It is almost the exact same argument as with the Torso. However this one provides experience bonuses and takes alot more time to get. In that time you could easily make all the experience you get from rewards and then a plethora of combat experience that trumps the "Barrows" Gloves unless you plan on doing combat for over a couple thousand hours.

Quests give access to so much essential equipment and rewards other than barrows gloves. Please don't make me list all of them.

The problem is that barrows gloves are the best glove for basically every situation; fighter torso has virtually no use, and certainly not in training. With gloves your spending a significant amount of time for an item that will boost your XP; with torso, your spending a significant amount of time for an item that will generally get you less XP :|

DeviledEgg24.png

So don't finish RFD, and use the regen bracelet. Personally, I found RFD fun, so I did it and now I use the barrow gloves. However, even though I enjoyed Barbarian Assault, I haven't used my torso for anything other than incredibly weak monsters, because I find the time saved by eating less food outweighs the exp boost from the measly +4 strength. Nothing compares to the dark gloves, or the fire cape, or other such difficult-to-obtain items, but the torso is just plain trash. If you enjoy B.A, get it, but it isn't worth it simply for the exp boost.

The fire cape is sort of a different story, because you gain a significant amount of ranged exp, which, if you succeed on the first try, makes the defence and strength bonuses almost worth it.

i get the feeling that if these guys ran runescape, the'd slowy but surely drain all the fun out of it and replace it with efficency (no, i cannot spell. i know this.) the other problems i have with you is that you totaly dismiss the torso, because your numbers told you so. leme tell you something. those numbers mean NOTHING, unless you actualy intend to train/make money for those 6 hours.....10 hours... where do ou come up with that? ive never taken over 8 hrs.

As far as I'm concerned, your all "Holier than thou", jackasses. you refuse to take any argument seriously.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

wow haha, i clicked on this thinking it was my post from earlier....um as i'm concerned ...well that's it im not anymore

i've gotten 99 str..maxed str bonus i can buy and wield, bandos etc. so i don't train anymore not attack or defence but runescape is just a game and i'm sure most people find it fun to hit that extra 1 higher and i'd prefer to spend the 6 hours at the most at ba getting torso than walking around in a addy chain getting called noob...i get maxed healer points at game 9 i used game 10 for def.

and in the end it is your choice.

]ac_s_dc.png

The problem is that barrows gloves are the best glove for basically every situation; fighter torso has virtually no use, and certainly not in training. With gloves your spending a significant amount of time for an item that will boost your XP; with torso, your spending a significant amount of time for an item that will generally get you less XP :|

Thats true. The gloves are the best for that armour slot, and the torso is far from it. Even so, the point still stands. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you've said about the torso, but that same logic applies to this and many other items.

Quests give access to so much essential equipment and rewards other than barrows gloves. Please don't make me list all of them.

Thats the point though! As I said there are some worth doing in that they provide enough of an advantage that the time spent to get this advantage is worth it. In most cases however it is not. I just think that if you are going to make the same argument against torso, it also needs to be done for other items.

So don't finish RFD, and use the regen bracelet. Personally, I found RFD fun, so I did it and now I use the barrow gloves. However, even though I enjoyed Barbarian Assault, I haven't used my torso for anything other than incredibly weak monsters, because I find the time saved by eating less food outweighs the exp boost from the measly +4 strength. Nothing compares to the dark gloves, or the fire cape, or other such difficult-to-obtain items, but the torso is just plain trash. If you enjoy B.A, get it, but it isn't worth it simply for the exp boost.

The fire cape is sort of a different story, because you gain a significant amount of ranged exp, which, if you succeed on the first try, makes the defence and strength bonuses almost worth it.

If you read my post you'll see I said I always do quests regardless of the bonus. My point was if you make this argument against the Torso, it is only fair you do the same for many other items. With the fire cape, say the average person takes 3 attempts to get it, each try takes 1.5 hours, so hence 6 hours to get it. You also get 180k Range experience (I don't know really, but someone else mentioned 60k an attempt). The spend maybe 1million on supplies used. Now the question is, are the bonuses of the cape worth what you used up. You could get the same amount of Range experience at Aviansies in about 4.5 hours and get 1.8mil profit. So it isn't worth it for the Range experience, it must be the bonuses.

The attack bonuses will increase experience rates, but by essentially nothing noticeable. The +1 bonus will essentially have no effect. It has +2 better defence bonuses compared to the next best cape (Obsidian in this case, everyone has access to it and it costs a bit over 200k), but that is not really noticeable. Next is the bonus to Strength. Strength clearly isn't worth it considering the torso's strength isn't either. So finally the prayer bonus. Having bought an Obsidian cape and done 4.5 hours at Aviansies you would be up by 2.6million. In order for the +2 prayer bonus to be worth it, you need to save 2.6mil on using Prayer in the future with the cape. Assuming the average player has 70 Prayer, a Prayer potion will restore 96 points at the cost of 8,332. So the Fire cape needs to save approximately 29,957 prayer points, which is about 312 Prayer potions. A +2 Prayer bonus makes 1 Prayer point last about 0.07 seconds longer, but we'll round it off to 0.1. So for every 10 prayer points used 1 extra point is saved, meaning in total you will need to use 299,570 prayer points to be worth it. So if in the future you plan on using over 3,121 prayer potions, the Fire cape is worth getting.

I confused my self so badly near the end :? , but I think I got it right still. Feel free to check for any errors.

ydrasil.png

If you read my post you'll see I said I always do quests regardless of the bonus. My point was if you make this argument against the Torso, it is only fair you do the same for many other items. With the fire cape, say the average person takes 3 attempts to get it, each try takes 1.5 hours, so hence 6 hours to get it. You also get 180k Range experience (I don't know really, but someone else mentioned 60k an attempt). The spend maybe 1million on supplies used. Now the question is, are the bonuses of the cape worth what you used up. You could get the same amount of Range experience at Aviansies in about 4.5 hours and get 1.8mil profit. So it isn't worth it for the Range experience, it must be the bonuses.

The attack bonuses will increase experience rates, but by essentially nothing noticeable. The +1 bonus will essentially have no effect. It has +2 better defence bonuses compared to the next best cape (Obsidian in this case, everyone has access to it and it costs a bit over 200k), but that is not really noticeable. Next is the bonus to Strength. Strength clearly isn't worth it considering the torso's strength isn't either. So finally the prayer bonus. Having bought an Obsidian cape and done 4.5 hours at Aviansies you would be up by 2.6million. In order for the +2 prayer bonus to be worth it, you need to save 2.6mil on using Prayer in the future with the cape. Assuming the average player has 70 Prayer, a Prayer potion will restore 96 points at the cost of 8,332. So the Fire cape needs to save approximately 29,957 prayer points, which is about 312 Prayer potions. A +2 Prayer bonus makes 1 Prayer point last about 0.07 seconds longer, but we'll round it off to 0.1. So for every 10 prayer points used 1 extra point is saved, meaning in total you will need to use 299,570 prayer points to be worth it. So if in the future you plan on using over 3,121 prayer potions, the Fire cape is worth getting.

I confused my self so badly near the end :? , but I think I got it right still. Feel free to check for any errors.

Exactly. Mathematically, the firecape is worthless. The only reason I got mine was because it looks cool. I didn't get it so that my exp per hour would increase, which is what this thread is trying to point out.

Exactly. Mathematically, the firecape is worthless. The only reason I got mine was because it looks cool. I didn't get it so that my exp per hour would increase, which is what this thread is trying to point out.

Not quite ::' . If you wanted to train Slayer to 99 using piety, you would use more than amount of Prayer potions easily enough. There are many cases in which use alot of Prayer that would help in this respect, while it may take a while, for alot of people it is most likely worth using.

ydrasil.png

Not quite ::' . If you wanted to train Slayer to 99 using piety, you would use more than amount of Prayer potions easily enough. There are many cases in which use alot of Prayer that would help in this respect, while it may take a while, for alot of people it is most likely worth using.

I would think someone considering 99 slayer would have at least two 99s, or perhaps a vestment cloak. Do people really go through that many prayer potions to get to 99 slayer? I feel poor now :(

But this still doesn't change the fact that a torso is only worth getting if you plan on getting 100m+ combat experience. And after like 50m combat experience you should be able to afford a Bandos Chestplate just from the coin drops.

Just some quick facts about the three items in this category:

Max RFD Gloves:

- Best in melee attack

- Best in range attack

- Best in magic attack

- Second in melee defense (Loses to Dragon Gauntlets by +2, +3, +3)

- Third in magic defense (Loses to 3a Vambraces by +3, D'hide Vambraces by +2)

- Second in range defense (Loses to Dragon Gauntlets by +2)

- Best in strength

- Loses to white gloves in prayer (It has 0 like all other gloves, besides the aforementioned, which has +1)

Judging by those, Max RFD is pretty much the best pair of gloves available for almost every activity. The minor trade off in defenses is more than compensated by a much higher gain in attack bonuses, which are particularly important in magic and range (Not so much in melee, actually.) The strength bonus is high enough to make a significant difference. The lack of prayer bonus stinks, but there aren't really any options there. White Gloves are practically leather gloves with +1 prayer. There are very few situations in which +1 prayer would be more beneficial than +12 all attacks and defenses (+6 magic).

Fire Cape

- Only Cape with attack bonuses to melee (Only +1)

- Best defenses (Beats out Skill Cape(t) by +2)

- Inferior to Accumulator in range attack (+1 versus +4)

- Inferior to God Capes in magic attack (+1 versus +10)

- Inferior to Skill Cape(t) in prayer (+2 versus +4)

- Only Cape with strength bonuses (+4)

This is a more debatable item. Unlike the Max RFD gloves, depending on the situation, there is usually another cape that's as good or better. +1 attack bonus really doesn't mean a whole lot, while +2 prayer makes a huge difference. +4 strength is too low to really make a difference, you'll be lucky to gain +1 to max hit because of it. Also, it loses out on the ability to pick up arrows.

While it's still a nice item, it's not quite as much of a "must-have" as the Max RFD gloves.

Fighter's Torso

- Completely inferior to Bandos Chestplate (Which is actually very useful, thanks to its defense bonuses (Range!!!), equal strength, and small prayer bonus)

- Other than the aforementioned Bandos Chestplate, is the only non-degradable armor with strength. (+4)

- Inferior to the Rune Platebody in defense

- Inferior to Proselyte and Initiate in prayer

As the thread creator pointed out, if you consider the fact that +4 strength really doesn't amount to much, you have a pretty useless piece of equipment here. It's potentially useful for training, if you train on a monster that doesn't harm you enough to require you to bring healing, and your strength is at the right point where the torso actually does raise your max hit by 1. However, even in those very rare situations, Proselyte is likely superior, because it can extend your attack / strength prayers. In a PvP situation, while a slightly higher max hit does make a knockout slightly more likely, the drastic drop in defense results in the torso helping your opponent more than it helps you. I've personally seen many more kills through two decent consecutive hits, than one completely maxed hit.

To the person who complained that efficiency drained the fun from this game:

If you find BA fun, then by all means, go ahead and gather points for your Torso. However, not everyone likes BA. One of my friends was recently told constantly by his other friends that "Fighter's Torso is the best!" and "Strength rules all!" He finally gave it a try, sat through several hours of a game he didn't even like, only to be disappointed with his reward.

If you think the Fighter's Torso is great, that's fine, keep using it. But other players, particularly those who wouldn't play BA otherwise, should at least be given a better idea of how great the reward is, before they commit themselves to spending hours at it.

Efficiency isn't meant to make the game boring. It's meant to make the boring parts end quickly, so you can enjoy the benefits while suffering less.

i get the feeling that if these guys ran runescape, the'd slowy but surely drain all the fun out of it and replace it with efficency (no, i cannot spell. i know this.) the other problems i have with you is that you totaly dismiss the torso, because your numbers told you so. leme tell you something. those numbers mean NOTHING, unless you actualy intend to train/make money for those 6 hours.....10 hours... where do ou come up with that? ive never taken over 8 hrs.

As far as I'm concerned, your all "Holier than thou", jackasses. you refuse to take any argument seriously.

Are you insinuating...

a. that Barbarian Assault is universally fun for every player, ever, including the ones who have never played it before and are only interested in the rewards?

b. that avoiding efficiency is more fun than embracing it?

c. that math is meaningless?

d. that I am a "Holier than thou" jackass who does not know how to have fun?

Hey, guess what. I am offended. I don't see how you can say I have a "Holier than thou" attitude when you're the one projecting your ideas of fun onto others and ridiculing the activities that I enjoy. You can get 99 strength with a mithril warhammer on muggers and get 99 mining on blurite and catch wimpy birds to 99 hunter for all I care, but don't try to tell people that they should emulate your "more fun" methods. Here's something that may surprise you: "efficient" and "boring" are not synonyms. There is nothing inherently making it less fun to train firemaking on maples than to train firemaking on willows. I consider it much more entertaining to find the best method for training something before I spend my time training it. That research and thought is the only part of training most skills that requires any skill.

Torso takes about 1 or 2 hours if you have a pro team.

Oh and torsos are priceless; owning someone with a 40-40 dds spec is so much better than a 39-39 dds spec.

But how often do you get a pro team?

Heck, I'm glad I found out about this now. I've never even played BA and really have no desire to- teamwork is as foreign a concept to most scapers as resistance is to the French.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Torso takes about 1 or 2 hours if you have a pro team.

Oh and torsos are priceless; owning someone with a 40-40 dds spec is so much better than a 39-39 dds spec.

Wouldn't VK be better?

And I doubt it is obtainable in 1 hour...

Fastest wave is 18 minutes, and it's very easy to do in 25. You get at least 400 points per wave, so 100 minutes total.

You do have to get full penance and a few lvl 5 skills though :P

Torso rules. Used my torso since realease day of BA, don't plan on gettin rid of it or changing to bandos plate either.

K3nny12 - Proud owner of 2 torsos.

Did you bother to read this thread and the arguments within, or did you just jump right in?

Could you provide some explanation as to why the torso rules?