Post your Speedtest.net results!

compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

http://www.speedtest.net, a great place to check the bandwidth\latency of your internet connection and compare it to others. My personal results are in my sig, I had to do some creative cropping to get them to fit. Post specifics about your setup if you want; I'm running cable with a gigabit connection via a 50' cat 6 cable to my laptop.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't post a speedtest.net result for my home connection as it always seems to mess up the download speed by a ridiculous factor, here's an example :

386771347.png

However, here's an accurate one from another site:

02621716.png

And here's an accurate one from my server just for fun: :P

384320202.png

386782475.png

Let's see what I can get with the cable company when I change ISP in 2 weeks. I don't know why the download is using all my CPU though, it ran at 100% while doing the download and nothing else was open =\. Been doing that for a few days now, I don't know if it's the CPU that is too hot to process as well as usual or something :|

I can't post a speedtest.net result for my home connection as it always seems to mess up the download speed by a ridiculous factor, here's an example :

386771347.png

However, here's an accurate one from another site:

02621716.png

And here's an accurate one from my server just for fun: :P

384320202.png

Nice, what sort of connection do you have for your server? I'm stuck with fairly cheap comcast until FIOS comes to my area, but it gets the job done :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

350211496.png

My speed always seems to better when I connect to American servers :P I'm looking to switch ISP soon, though the maximum I can get where I live is 6Mb dl speed.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

386907612.png

Where are you that you're using a Kansas City connection for speed test sloter? Reason I ask is I go to college in Kansas, and am like 3 hours away from Kansas city. :P

387245700.png

One of the worst ones here :lol: Me and my brother share the internet, ping goes crazy sometimes...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

387250193.png

This is from my old laptop that has a wireless adapter pushing 6 years.. I'll check later on my good desktop to see if there's much difference.

To Wongtong and Star, I would cry at that Internet speed. :cry:

EDIT: Speed on desktop (still wireless)

387275175.png

Not much different, but a much better ping.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

It won't copy for me, but I'm getting 21MB per second. How can you live with anything under 10? :oops:

Quite easily :P Just for general surfing 1/2 - 1 Meg is still relatively quick.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

It won't copy for me, but I'm getting 21MB per second. How can you live with anything under 10? :oops:

Quite easily :P Just for general surfing 1/2 - 1 Meg is still relatively quick.

Assuming the average web page is 150 KB, it's going to have downloaded in less then .25 seconds on a 5 MB\s connection; it's mostly up to your browser render after that. I've got all the whistles and bells on the latest version of minefield, so I get a faster load then any other computer I've ever used, including ones with FAR faster connections. File downloads are another story, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

386907612.png

Where are you that you're using a Kansas City connection for speed test sloter? Reason I ask is I go to college in Kansas, and am like 3 hours away from Kansas city. :P

I am in Virginia. Hughes Net, which is satalite internet must be based some where around there or Kentucky i believe.

386907612.png

I am in Virginia. Hughes Net, which is satalite internet must be based some where around there or Kentucky i believe.

Ah I see.