Weak Passwords Must Be Changed - 09-January-2009

Kenneh

RuneScape passwords are more simplistic than most sites. This is due to the fact that they are not case sensitive and do not accept anything besides letters and numbers. It's good that they can be up to 20 digits in length though.

I don't know if spaces count toward the password or not.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good idea, and it's a bit weird that they haven't done this earlier. Ah well, better late than never.

Only thing is that nowadays, hackers don't guess or bruteforce passwords, they use keyloggers. Then again, there's no harm in doing this.

And don't even think of trying to guess my password.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So now that they no longer use the ,"500 most common passwords," won't there just be another 500 most common passwords...

I have a very long alpha-numeric password anyway, so it didn't really effect me.

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean if people are going to have some of those passes in the first place, I doubt they are going to change their ways because Jagex made a list. They will probably just move onto the next most common 500.

RuneScape passwords are more simplistic than most sites. This is due to the fact that they are not case sensitive and do not accept anything besides letters and numbers. It's good that they can be up to 20 digits in length though.

I don't know how they enforce the password length, but it doesn't work. My pass is over 40 characters. I tried typing just the first 20 to see if that worked, but it didn't.

::'

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I don't know how they enforce the password length, but it doesn't work. My pass is over 40 characters. I tried typing just the first 20 to see if that worked, but it didn't.

::'

there is a limit of 20.. you probably just typed it wrong.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My password for runescape is by far the most complex i use. Trying not to go into detail, but i use not so common personal information combined with pieces of my passwords to various other sites. Its unguessable thanks to my twisted sanity and it would take years to crack with the brute force method.

[offers cookie :3 ]

This was proberly something they should have done a while back, but even so you shouldnt use such easy passwords in the first place, mate used "computer" as his few years ago, guess what happened to him? :wall:

Popoto.~<3

honestly I havn't tried to guess anyones password, even if you have a easy password, its still hard for the person to guess =] well if he only tried 1000times =]

Which would be very annoying to do, because after you incorrectly enter a password like 7 times, it says something like, "You have tried logging in too many times with the incorrect password. Now GTFO You Wannabe Hacker!"

I think I'm close...

Big_Stingman.png