How can "hackers" be so stupid ?

i_love_burritos

You should thank him in this post, instead of calling him stupid and in the same post revealing to all that you got scammed. Something which should be next to impossible to happen if you are blessed with eyes, and the ability to project from eye to brain what is happening on the screen.

=D> You're a tool. Congratz on making a fool of yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes, I addmitted my mistake. Infact this is the first time this has happened. Why should I thank "him" he took advantage, Iam not responsible for his (or your) ignorance. Think before you post.

EDIT: Also read the whole thread before you post. To me it looks like you read the orignal post, ignored the 3 pages of comments and just clicked

"Post Reply"

Please for the sake of maintaining your legitamacy as a member of this community and forum. Please think and read before you post.

It may seem like I read the first page, but after reading the 3 pages, I went back to the original post and replied according to that. Somewhere in another post you admit to being dumb, stupid or whatever. That is all well and good. However if you expect me to give you a pat on your back for doing so, you might want to revise your entire starting post as well, as you still call him stupid. Stupid is as stupid does, and he did nothing "stupid".

Evil, malignant or obnoxious, perhaps. But stupid, no. You however, achieved the near impossible act of getting scammed, not hacked, scammed, regardless of the countless attempts Jagex has instigated on the general public trying to get them (you) to rethink their actions etc etc.

You should thank him for giving you a wake-up call at the very least. Because you must have been sleeping before you went on holiday.

Admitting your mistake gives you no right to go back on your word, unless you delete your first post.

P.S. My legitimacy as a member of this community is verified my friend, you are Bear Fur, I am The one and only :lol: ......and bear fur smells bad :P

p.s. im giving u a hard time because calling someone stupid over something extremely preventable is, well.. . silly. As scamming in a sense one person taking advantage of another persons stupidity.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what your problem is, well most likely. I remember reading some study where 80% of some group of people use the same password for everything. You probably set up an account on the scam site, and because he knew you in game, they had your user name, and because the scammer is an admin, he'll be able to view your password through the account you just created on his site. This is become more popular, so everyone should be cautious about the passwords they use.

You should thank him in this post, instead of calling him stupid and in the same post revealing to all that you got scammed. Something which should be next to impossible to happen if you are blessed with eyes, and the ability to project from eye to brain what is happening on the screen.

=D> You're a tool. Congratz on making a fool of yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes, I addmitted my mistake. Infact this is the first time this has happened. Why should I thank "him" he took advantage, Iam not responsible for his (or your) ignorance. Think before you post.

EDIT: Also read the whole thread before you post. To me it looks like you read the orignal post, ignored the 3 pages of comments and just clicked

"Post Reply"

Please for the sake of maintaining your legitamacy as a member of this community and forum. Please think and read before you post.

It may seem like I read the first page, but after reading the 3 pages, I went back to the original post and replied according to that. Somewhere in another post you admit to being dumb, stupid or whatever. That is all well and good. However if you expect me to give you a pat on your back for doing so I never asked for you to lick my balls, however you are welcome to if you wish, you might want to revise your entire starting post as well, as you still call him stupid. Stupid is as stupid does, and he did nothing "stupid". Failing to scam someone after a period of 2 weeks is very weak in my eyes

Evil, malignant or obnoxious, perhaps. But stupid, no. You however, achieved the near impossible act of getting scammed, not hacked, scammed, regardless of the countless attempts Jagex has instigated on the general public trying to get them (you) to rethink their actions etc etc. Etc, etc, nice response, let me clarify again for you, who may be a little behind the gun. This is the first time, there may be many reasons, faulty IE patching, multiple users of the computer,

You should thank him for giving you a wake-up call at the very least. Because you must have been sleeping before you went on holiday. yeah nice way to insult me, (that was sarcasm by the way, i think you havent been introduced to him before

Admitting your mistake gives you no right to go back on your word, unless you delete your first post. What is "my word", you are making no sense.

P.S. My legitimacy as a member of this community is verified my friend, you are Bear Fur, I am The one and only :lol: ......and bear fur smells bad :P

"Is verified", I agree post count does count for something, but it does not give you a picture of length of responses, general attitude and relevance of responses.

p.s. im giving u a hard time because calling someone stupid over something extremely preventable is, well.. . silly. As scamming in a sense one person taking advantage of another persons stupidity.

I agree it "is" preventable, it doesn't mean it CANT happen.

End Note: I think part of the reason you, your post, and your attitude make no logic/sense/coherent argument, is that you have very strict definitions.

In my post, (if you have a basic level of grammatical and analytical knowledge), it can be infered that scammed and hacked can mean the same thing.

i.e (that is) taken forcefully, without my immeadiate notice, through devious/malicious means.

Simply visiting a page won't give you a virus.
Incorrect.

Feel free to post any evidence that visiting a website can give you a virus. Until then, I shall assume that you don't know something the rest of the world doesn't, and one still has to have an unpatched system\zero day vulnerability (HIGHLY unlikely), or click on something they shouldn't have. And all of those 3 require visiting a web site you shouldn't. Use SiteAdvisor (plugin for firefox :P ). Yeah, I know they have IE versions (and probably chrome by now).

Ubuntu

Also you might find this funny

Other than than, your Specs rock the socks off the [rooster] of my comp.

I read XCKD religiously. Show me the first panel of any of them and I can fill in the rest for you <3:

It's a geek street cred thing, I guess...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Incorrect.

Feel free to post any evidence that visiting a website can give you a virus. Until then, I shall assume that you don't know something the rest of the world doesn't, and one still has to have an unpatched system\zero day vulnerability (HIGHLY unlikely), or click on something they shouldn't have. And all of those 3 require visiting a web site you shouldn't. Use SiteAdvisor (plugin for firefox :P ). Yeah, I know they have IE versions (and probably chrome by now).

Ubuntu

Also you might find this funny

Other than than, your Specs rock the socks off the [rooster] of my comp.

I read XCKD religiously. Show me the first panel of any of them and I can fill in the rest for you <3:

It's a geek street cred thing, I guess...

Oh really, I dont define myself as a geek but, I still read XKCD "religiously" as you put it. Do you know of the mouse over ?

Oh and Comp, you are the Hat Guy Classhole of Tip.it Forums ! :lol:

I love the hat guy <3:

@ Bouwzie or however you spell it, please read the 3 pages of flames so that you dont look so moronic.

Well Adrenal, or however you spell it, I see 3 pages of discussing browsers and computers, and a few times that you are stupid, or that the scammer was stupid.

My point stays: The scammed are stupid.

2j3qh46.jpg

Oh really, I dont define myself as a geek but, I still read XKCD "religiously" as you put it. Do you know of the mouse over ?

Of course :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Incorrect.

http://search.securityfocus.com/swsearc ... er&x=0&y=0

yeh.

213360.png

Here is a funny story I would like to tell you Tip.it'ers.

2 Days before my holiday, I got scammed. My account was stolen and I discovered this only 2 weeks after.

This was because I had gone holiday and I had no internet connection.

Anyway, I think I'm doomed because, two weeks is enough to reset Recovery Questions, PIN, Password and everything.

I log back in, to discover, he (or she) hasn't changed Recovery Question, but only my password.

OK, I think to myself, "what about my bank".

My bank has been rearranged neat and tidy, with more items than I had before.

Including a tidy sum of 2K dragon darts. (Dont ask me !)

In addition to this, I have about 20 more Quest Points, my skills are up and added to that a few extra million.

I mean really !

(Is this the right forum?)

Did he change your PIN or disable it?

Wait; how did you log in if he changed your password? When you try to recover your account with your questions do they give you the new changed password?

I think he was just too excited (aka a nerdgasm) with the prospect of playing on your account. :P

:lol: tbh idk

But that was pretty idiotic though.

Incorrect.

yeh.

What about that? Fixed vulnerabilities, already mentioned before?

*ahem*

one still has to have an unpatched system\zero day vulnerability (HIGHLY unlikely), or click on something they shouldn't have. And all of those 3 require visiting a web site you shouldn't.

DeviledEgg24.png

Incorrect.

yeh.

*ahem*

one still has to have an unpatched system\zero day vulnerability (HIGHLY unlikely), or click on something they shouldn't have. And all of those 3 require visiting a web site you shouldn't.

Feel free to post any evidence that visiting a website can give you a virus.

EDIT: There are many more vunerabilities waiting to be found.

And proof of concepts.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7806/discuss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrary_code

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7806/exploit

213360.png

Incorrect.

yeh.

*ahem*

Feel free to post any evidence that visiting a website can give you a virus.

EDIT: There are many more vunerabilities waiting to be found.

And proof of concepts.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7806/discuss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrary_code

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7806/exploit

You still haven't posted active, in the wild websites that use an exploit. Mostly because they are very rare and quickly patched. Not that I've ever heard of anyone using the few that are found for Runescape password scamming. And unless they hijack a legit page (even less likely), you STLL have to visit a website you shouldn't have.

DeviledEgg24.png

hmm... i don't know if this has been mentioned yet but:

Ddarts: he probably multi-logged and made a trade between you and his main.

His main had the bad investment of dragon darts (darts were dumped and many were left with thousands :cry: ) and he decided to use your money to buy the darts and relieve the investment..

More qp, higher rate to exchange gold between accounts.

If he bought dragonstones, then you know he was gonna trade big sums of cash between accounts :twisted:

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

Yeah, but there are sites that will give you an imitation of the RSOF login page so that you make the mistake of logging in thinking you're entering the safe forums. You won't get a virus, but you'll have given off your password to the site owner.

This thread owner got incredibly lucky that the scammer was an idiot in not changing the recovery questions. He probably logged in to check out how rich the account was then flipped out when he saw any remote wealth, then completely forgot to ensure his scam was foolproof.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.