A new approach to Alchemy

Itsjustagame

You can only get 100 ever 24/h(time is reset by Jagex, not 24 hours from when you buy).

You are not allowed to put in more offers(you can't have 6 offers for 100 staves each)

To date, I belive this is the best exp/gp ratio.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an even better idea to alch that makes tONS of money! my friend tried it and he said it did! What u do is u go to the bandos general place then u kill him until he drops 'bandos hilt' then u alch the bandos hilt for 50,000 coins!!!! thst right, 50000 of them! all from 1 alch!!! and ppl say magic is expensive rofl, u can earn over 10,000,000,000 gp from 99

rate plz

On topic: Nice guide, but air\water battlestaffs lose 41 GP alch, only 14k more per hour. Assuming this method loses 15% XP per hour due to the buying and messed up invo (no mousekeyes here), your losing 15% of your time to save 14k, meaning anyone who can earn more then 93k per hour should alch battlestaffs. And even a level 70 can make much more then that at a place like green dragons ;)

Nice guide, a little too wordy for a simple idea, but it's kind of worthless (sorry).

6/10

Zomg I do that method of bandos 222 d00d i g3t leik 1billion magik ecp a sekond man. Ra8 pl0z

You do not lose 15% exp a hour(maybe 5% TOPS). Sure, you can alch battlestaves. Too bad 100 a day eh? Check your own "method" before you rant on others.

Anyways, for people suing this, to stop the guy from wandering, talk to him, then start trading/alching. if you talk, but dont complete the convo, he will stand still staring at you. No mroe chasing around.

Owned_Nex.png

I have an even better idea to alch that makes tONS of money! my friend tried it and he said it did! What u do is u go to the bandos general place then u kill him until he drops 'bandos hilt' then u alch the bandos hilt for 50,000 coins!!!! thst right, 50000 of them! all from 1 alch!!! and ppl say magic is expensive rofl, u can earn over 10,000,000,000 gp from 99

rate plz

On topic: Nice guide, but air\water battlestaffs lose 41 GP alch, only 14k more per hour. Assuming this method loses 15% XP per hour due to the buying and messed up invo (no mousekeyes here), your losing 15% of your time to save 14k, meaning anyone who can earn more then 93k per hour should alch battlestaffs. And even a level 70 can make much more then that at a place like green dragons ;)

Nice guide, a little too wordy for a simple idea, but it's kind of worthless (sorry).

6/10

Zomg I do that method of bandos 222 d00d i g3t leik 1billion magik ecp a sekond man. Ra8 pl0z

You do not lose 15% exp a hour(maybe 5% TOPS). Sure, you can alch battlestaves. Too bad 100 a day eh? Check your own "method" before you rant on others.

Anyways, for people suing this, to stop the guy from wandering, talk to him, then start trading/alching. if you talk, but dont complete the convo, he will stand still staring at you. No mroe chasing around.

5% = Assuming 25 alchs per hour are messed up due to the 28 inventory\RL distractions, we get 30 alchs per hour lost, or 98 At 1,045 alchs per hour, that's 40 inventorys of alchs - meaning your finishing your final alch, opening up the shop, clicking buy X, waiting for the window to appear, typing "26", waiting for the rings to update, closing the shop window, navigating back to the spells tab, and starting the alch of the next item.. all in under 2 and a half seconds, less then the time of one alch. Not likely, I'd consider at least 5 seconds more likely, and probably considerably more then that if you include the time traveling to and from the shop + messups from the much more complicated procedure compared to 'press the 5 key twice every 3 seconds' of regular alching. Plus you can't do anything else in RL like watch a movie\surf the web, which virtually everyone does to stave off the boredom of alching.

Air\Water battlestaffs, rune maces, and adamant platebodys together buy for 2.4k per day and an average loss of 50 gp per alch, or 50-29 = 21k per hour of alching more then this method. The average player can easily make 450k+ per hour with Avansies; we can use that for calculations:

21/450 = .046, or 4.6% - meaning you have to be able to buy all of the rings for each inventory in under 2.5 seconds just to make it even. And even assuming you can open the store and buy all of the rings in under 1 second (physically impossible), your forcing yourself to pay 100% attention and do far more clicking\mouse moving for a grand total savings of 14k per hour.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

rate plz

6/10

5% = Assuming 25 alchs per hour are messed up due to the 28 inventory\RL distractions, we get 30 alchs per hour lost, or 98 At 1,045 alchs per hour, that's 40 inventorys of alchs - meaning your finishing your final alch, opening up the shop, clicking buy X, waiting for the window to appear, typing "26", waiting for the rings to update, closing the shop window, navigating back to the spells tab, and starting the alch of the next item.. all in under 2 and a half seconds, less then the time of one alch. Not likely, I'd consider at least 5 seconds more likely, and probably considerably more then that if you include the time traveling to and from the shop + messups from the much more complicated procedure compared to 'press the 5 key twice every 3 seconds' of regular alching. Plus you can't do anything else in RL like watch a movie\surf the web, which virtually everyone does to stave off the boredom of alching.

Air\Water battlestaffs, rune maces, and adamant platebodys together buy for 2.4k per day and an average loss of 50 gp per alch, or 50-29 = 21k per hour of alching more then this method. The average player can easily make 450k+ per hour with Avansies; we can use that for calculations:

21/450 = .046, or 4.6% - meaning you have to be able to buy all of the rings for each inventory in under 2.5 seconds just to make it even. And even assuming you can open the store and buy all of the rings in under 1 second (physically impossible), your forcing yourself to pay 100% attention and do far more clicking\mouse moving for a grand total savings of 14k per hour.

Making up numbers for data has no relevance, so I'm ignoring that portion completely.

Personally I think mouse keys are stupid. If you'd rather watch a movie, go watch a movie. Any idiot can press the 5 key over and over again. This is why I despise RS2. The game is simply too easy.

Everyone is rich. Everyone can buy 99 magic in nature runes and just sit in a bank all day and alch and not worry about profit. Want to know the only way to get nature runes years ago? Thieving the nature rune chest in ardougne or TELEGRABING off an island in the deep wilderness.

I'm sorry but if you kids are that obsessed with losing a few hours for something that already takes a long [wagon] time anyway, then by all means, wait for the GE to update and alch 100 BS a day. But for the people who can't afford to lose all that money, or the ones who actually play the game to, well, play the game; this guide is for them.

and I note: that is clearly stated in the beginning of the guide.

rate plz

6/10

Making up numbers for data has no relevance, so I'm ignoring that portion completely.

Personally I think mouse keys are stupid. If you'd rather watch a movie, go watch a movie. Any idiot can press the 5 key over and over again. This is why I despise RS2. The game is simply too easy.

Everyone is rich. Everyone can buy 99 magic in nature runes and just sit in a bank all day and alch and not worry about profit. Want to know the only way to get nature runes years ago? Thieving the nature rune chest in ardougne or TELEGRABING off an island in the deep wilderness.

I'm sorry but if you kids are that obsessed with losing a few hours for something that already takes a long [wagon] time anyway, then by all means, wait for the GE to update and alch 100 BS a day. But for the people who can't afford to lose all that money, or the ones who actually play the game to, well, play the game; this guide is for them.

and I note: that is clearly stated in the beginning of the guide.

Yes, I certainly made up the 1.1k alchs\hour and 450k profit that I used for the 4.6% calculations. And you completely ignored the 2.4k alchs per day, not 100; did you completely skip over any part that contained numbers or overly long sentances?

Your argument is basically "yeah well its better to do it the slow way cause then u have to work for it so its funner'. By that logic, shouldn't you just alch nature runes or Elysian Shields?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yes, I certainly made up the 1.1k alchs\hour and 450k profit that I used for the 4.6% calculations. And you completely ignored the 2.4k alchs per day, not 100; did you completely skip over any part that contained numbers or overly long sentances?

Your argument is basically "yeah well its better to do it the slow way cause then u have to work for it so its funner'. By that logic, shouldn't you just alch nature runes or Elysian Shields?

It's a bunch of "lets assume that" and "possibly" thrown together into a math equation.

I'm saying it's better to do it this way IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY. Less gp loss per spell = better for people with money restraints.

Oh, and if you're going to try to insult my intelligence, do try and spell your words correctly in the punchline.

*sentences

It's a bunch of "lets assume that" and "possibly" thrown together into a math equation.

I'm saying it's better to do it this way IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY. Less gp loss per spell = better for people with money restraints.

Oh, and if you're going to try to insult my intelligence, do try and spell your words correctly in the punchline.

*sentences

Forgot the e ;)

I word it 'let's assume' for the purpose of calculations. "Let's assume" the average player can make 450k. It means I'm going to do my calculations using that number. It has nothing to do with where I got the number from. Feel free to show where I used the word possible. Your method is saving 20k per hour, at the very most - but it's being done in a way that, given time lost from moneymaking methods easily open to the average player, is actually costing them a significantly larger amount then that due toopportunity cost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Itsjustagame, I'm sorry, but your arguments are flawed...

Comp's numbers are correct... and for god's sake, I don't see how you can factor in fun. I don't see how buying from a shop is more or even as fun as plain alching.

PS: Nobody likes spelling/grammer nitpicks.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Comp's numbers are correct... and for god's sake, I don't see how you can factor in fun. I don't see how buying from a shop is more or even as fun as plain alching.

It's called posting while luring rock lobsters :-w

A few mistakes slip through every now and then...

DeviledEgg24.png

How can you state that THIS is correct:

5% = Assuming 25 alchs per hour are messed up due to the 28 inventory\RL distractions, we get 30 alchs per hour lost, or 98 At 1,045 alchs per hour, that's 40 inventorys of alchs

How can you assume how many times someone slips up? How can you use that to base further calculations off of? You can't.

Show me a place that sells an unlimited supply of battles, adamant plates, rune maces, or whatever else it is you people are so set on alching, and I'll tip my hat to you and have this guide removed.

Oh, and they better be available. Every damn second.

If you're that obsessed with the fastest xp, and clearly don't care about losing money, then why are you alching? There are a whole bunch of faster methods. I wouldn't even dream of using my own guide for leveling.

But maybe...just maybe...there's some kid who spent a whole day mining rune essence because he didn't want to buy it. He spent a whole day runecrafting that essence in to nature runes because he wanted the xp and didn't want to buy them. He then wanted to use those runes to train his magic level. And maybe...just maybe...after all that work he did at no cost to himself, he wanted to make over 200gp a ring by alching ruby rings in the lost city.

This guide is for him.

How can you state that THIS is correct:

5% = Assuming 25 alchs per hour are messed up due to the 28 inventory\RL distractions, we get 30 alchs per hour lost, or 98 At 1,045 alchs per hour, that's 40 inventorys of alchs

How can you assume how many times someone slips up? How can you use that to base further calculations off of? You can't.

Show me a place that sells an unlimited supply of battles, adamant plates, rune maces, or whatever else it is you people are so set on alching, and I'll tip my hat to you and have this guide removed.

Oh, and they better be available. Every damn second.

If you're that obsessed with the fastest xp, and clearly don't care about losing money, then why are you alching? There are a whole bunch of faster methods. I wouldn't even dream of using my own guide for leveling.

But maybe...just maybe...there's some kid who spent a whole day mining rune essence because he didn't want to buy it. He spent a whole day runecrafting that essence in to nature runes because he wanted the xp and didn't want to buy them. He then wanted to use those runes to train his magic level. And maybe...just maybe...after all that work he did at no cost to himself, he wanted to make over 200gp a ring by alching ruby rings in the lost city.

This guide is for him.

You will, please notice, that I redo the calculations without the messup factor towards the end, though I firmly believe that to be accurate.

Air\Water battlestaffs, rune maces, and adamant platebodys together buy for 2.4k per day

*ahem*

The kid you described would have to play over 7 hours a day to mine, craft, and alch that much. I'll expect the tip of the hat and guide removal promptly.

As per the kid you described, don't you think he'd rather get the alching done faster by spending an extra 14k, then use the time saved to make triple that? I always thought 60k > 14k.

DeviledEgg24.png

Not all people think the same way.

And using your numbers:

1045 alchs per hour. Sure.

203 gp gain per ring - with all "omgz datz runecrafting profitz!!" arguments aside as we've established the gains/losses are based on the item alched.

take your 1045 and work in the apparent "5% loss" for having to buy rings every time.

you get 992.75. Round it to 993 alchs/hour.

Hell I'll even do your "slip up" hypothesis and say that in that hour, I have carpal tunnel wrist spasms 93 times (not healthy) and click too early/too late. Make it an even 900.

900 alchs per hour with a 203 gp gain per ring.

Profit of - 182,700gp.

Will this only work for people who make their own runes and mine their own essence? Yes.

But we are talking about my fictional story.

Not all people think the same way.

And using your numbers:

1045 alchs per hour. Sure.

203 gp gain per ring - with all "omgz datz runecrafting profitz!!" arguments aside as we've established the gains/losses are based on the item alched.

take your 1045 and work in the apparent "5% loss" for having to buy rings every time.

you get 992.75. Round it to 993 alchs/hour.

Hell I'll even do your "slip up" hypothesis and say that in that hour, I have carpal tunnel wrist spasms 93 times (not healthy) and click too early/too late. Make it an even 900.

900 alchs per hour with a 203 gp gain per ring.

Profit of - 182,700gp.

Will this only work for people who make their own runes and mine their own essence? Yes.

But we are talking about my fictional story.

You nicely failed to mention that while your method results in a 29 GP loss, mine results in a 50 GP loss (Or a 37 GP loss, if one is only playing for 1.5 hours per day), making the overall results:

182.7k for your method in 60 minutes

175.5k for my method in 49 minutes - 11 minutes to earn 7.2k, or 39k per hour. Can your newb make 39k per hour? Yes, he can, all he has to do is mine 300 pure ess. So your method is resulting in him having less money. Redoing it with 50 gp loss gives us:

163.8k for my method in 49 minutes - 11 minutes to earn 18.9k, or 103k per hour - 750 pure ess; even a newb can easily mine over 1k in an hour. And crafting nats is much faster money, as is a huge variety of other things he could be doing like tanning d hides\green dragons\avansies.

DeviledEgg24.png

You nicely failed to mention that while your method results in a 29 GP loss, mine results in a 50 GP loss (Or a 37 GP loss, if one is only playing for 1.5 hours per day), making the overall results:

175.5k for my method in 49 minutes - 11 minutes to earn 7.2k, or 39k per hour. Can your newb make 39k per hour? Yes, he can, all he has to do is mine 300 pure ess. So your method is resulting in him having less money. Redoing it with 50 gp loss gives us:

163.8k for my method in 49 minutes - 11 minutes to earn 18.9k, or 103k per hour - 750 pure ess; even a newb can easily mine over 1k in an hour. And crafting nats is much faster money, as is a huge variety of other things he could be doing like tanning d hides\green dragons\avansies.

You're basing this entirely on people doing things constantly.

You're saying that the second you finish an hour of alching, you teleport to the nearest rune essence mine and immediately start slaving away. No time for a break. No time for leaving lost city and getting to rune essence. No, we simply just "insta-port."

You should probably also take in to consideration the time it takes you to buy the items you will be alching. B staffs are easy, sure. But I have a feeling getting a couple hundred rune maces/adam plates and whatever else gives small loss will take some time. While you're at grand exchange buying your items, I'm already at the lost city buying my rings with no lines and no waiting. Even if you buy 100 at a time, and hope the rest update slowly through the hour...Isn't that time spent checking the GE and withdrawing the bought items? Doesn't that compare to oh I don't know...clicking trade and Buy x? Now even if you buy all the items at once, don't you have to type in the names of the items you're buying? Doesn't that take time? What if the middle price isn't selling? What if you have to go higher? If you're going to nit-pick every second in my method, you better believe I'll do the same.

11 minutes in not much time at all. It could be because it's 1 in the morning, but I don't even know where you're getting 49 minutes from in the first place.

Do you want to know what I did in the last 11 minutes? Not a damn thing.

You don't like the guide? Don't use it.

But based on how you're responding, you alch ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

If I don't see you alching tomorrow, I'll be very upset \'

You're saying that the second you finish an hour of alching, you teleport to the nearest rune essence mine and immediately start slaving away. No time for a break. No time for leaving lost city and getting to rune essence. No, we simply just "insta-port."

You should probably also take in to consideration the time it takes you to buy the items you will be alching. B staffs are easy, sure. But I have a feeling getting a couple hundred rune maces/adam plates and whatever else gives small loss will take some time. While you're at grand exchange buying your items, I'm already at the lost city buying my rings with no lines and no waiting. Even if you buy 100 at a time, and hope the rest update slowly through the hour...Isn't that time spent checking the GE and withdrawing the bought items? Doesn't that compare to oh I don't know...clicking trade and Buy x? Now even if you buy all the items at once, don't you have to type in the names of the items you're buying? Doesn't that take time? What if the middle price isn't selling? What if you have to go higher? If you're going to nit-pick every second in my method, you better believe I'll do the same.

11 minutes in not much time at all. It could be because it's 1 in the morning, but I don't even know where you're getting 49 minutes from in the first place.

Not what your talking about, I can put an order in the GE in approx 3 seconds and click collect -> alch in about 5. How long does it take for you to get from Varrock to your store? If it's over 8 seconds, I'm afraid your entire argument just shot itself in the foot.

DeviledEgg24.png

Er, well, you can alch anywhere, so you could just do your alching in Varrock East Bank and never need to teleport away at all. :oops:

Or, you could alch until you run out of nats, and then only teleport away once to mine pess until you make back what you lost, and barely any time would be spent.

Not what your talking about, I can put an order in the GE in approx 3 seconds and click collect -> alch in about 5. How long does it take for you to get from Varrock to your store? If it's over 8 seconds, I'm afraid your entire argument just shot itself in the foot.

You can go to "exchange", click on "buy", type in keywords of what you're buying select that item, then select a number, then if they even are available, you can collect them, close screen and go to alch page (which you also brought up as a 'time waster') in 5 seconds? You're a super human. Forget Runescape, you should be playing the game called God.

What if that item isn't available? Then what? Then you have to do it over again.

Don't forget you have to do this every time you need to get more items, as I'm sure buying 800 rune maces at once isn't going to happen.

You can go to "exchange", click on "buy", type in keywords of what you're buying select that item, then select a number, then if they even are available, you can collect them, close screen and go to alch page (which you also brought up as a 'time waster') in 5 seconds? You're a super human. Forget Runescape, you should be playing the game called God.

What if that item isn't available? Then what? Then you have to do it over again.

Don't forget you have to do this every time you need to get more items, as I'm sure buying 800 rune maces at once isn't going to happen.

Yup. I click place order, I type "bat", click on the battlestaff (~2.5 seconds), click the '1k' button once, click place order (~2 seconds), close the GE window and click on the alch tab.

Perhaps we should have a little race. I try to place an order for battlestaffs, you try to run to lost city and buy rings. We'll see which takes longer. If it's me, nothing really changes; my whole GP argument still applies. If it's you, your entire post is invalidated. I'll eagerly be waiting for your challenge. Perhaps we could have Inushakent time it for us :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Yup. I click place order, I type "bat", click on the battlestaff (~2.5 seconds), click the '1k' button once, click place order (~2 seconds), close the GE window and click on the alch tab.

Perhaps we should have a little race. I try to place an order for battlestaffs, you try to run to lost city and buy rings. We'll see which takes longer. If it's me, nothing really changes; my whole GP argument still applies. If it's you, your entire post is invalidated. I'll eagerly be waiting for your challenge. Perhaps we could have Inushakent time it for us :roll:

who's to say the battlestaffs will sell instantly? There could be no battlestaffs at all for sale at the time you enter it in. Or the 100 you can buy a day could be there instantly. But after that 100, then what?

You're missing the point that the point of this method is reliability. There is no way I would have to wait for more supplies, while there is a CHANCE you will.

And as I keep saying, this guide is for those without piles and piles of money. How much are battlestaffs each? a little more than 9k? Who's to say someone can afford to buy 100 at a time? What if you only have 100k to work with? Getting 10 staffs at a time with a chance that someone else is buying them as well can be problematic.

It's not a race as to who can enter in a number faster, but what product will sell, and will sell for cheap.

who's to say the battlestaffs will sell instantly? There could be no battlestaffs at all for sale at the time you enter it in. Or the 100 you can buy a day could be there instantly. But after that 100, then what?

You're missing the point that the point of this method is reliability. There is no way I would have to wait for more supplies, while there is a CHANCE you will.

And as I keep saying, this guide is for those without piles and piles of money. How much are battlestaffs each? a little more than 9k? Who's to say someone can afford to buy 100 at a time? What if you only have 100k to work with? Getting 10 staffs at a time with a chance that someone else is buying them as well can be problematic.

It's not a race as to who can enter in a number faster, but what product will sell, and will sell for cheap.

Due to their set alch price, battelstaffs always buy instantly - there's no other purpose people buy them for. Other items like Adamant Axe (613 GP) alch for only 40 less then battelstaffs; there's tons of alternatives.

DeviledEgg24.png

Due to their set alch price, battelstaffs always buy instantly - there's no other purpose people buy them for. Other items like Adamant Axe (613 GP) alch for only 40 less then battelstaffs; there's tons of alternatives.

I would like to enter this long, long quote chain and say this. you mispelled battlestaves :wall:

ot:how populated is zanaris in pvp worlds? that's where I'd like to alch tbh.

also, if you log out while in there, do you get kicked out?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

If I remember correctly, when I went in to the trading area I logged out and logged back in, and I was still in there.

As for pvp, you need to pay a diamond to get in to the special area, so pkers probably won't make it a check spot, so if you're looking to boost your time in pvp zones, it might work. I don't know if it's even available for access on pvp worlds though, as some places aren't :?

rate plz

6/10

It is easy to buy the rings. I don't do buyx. Buy 10 3 times. I can do that easily in under 2.5 seconds. I don't have to press the magic tab button, as the store trade brings you to your inventory, and puts you back at what you were last. No time lost there.

As for time traveling, it is a one time thing. And messups? You can't be serious. I hope you are nto implying that clicking on a ring will cause you to messup more instead of battalestaves, rune maces, or adamant platebodys.

Owned_Nex.png