What is Jagex's greatest achievement?

Shuri

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having the balls to take on rwt, knowing how unpopular it would be.

agreed, besides the obv rs

Agreed again.

Same.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Hitting big games like wow on the nose.

More like in the crotch, though they still think they have the best game ever. I wonder why they didn't feel that kick...

I say the best thing they did was fight off RWT, killing it 99%. They knew people wouldn't like it, and they even expected almost half of the members to quit. In the end, only 4% or so did, but it was so worth it. There would be no Runescape today if it wasn't for December 10th, 2007, the day Runescape "died".

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Making RuneScape accessible through a web browser. It may seem obvious now, but it was new at the time. Andrew got into MUDs because he could play them on the College computers which didn't allow you to install software, and took this concept to the next level by making a graphical MUD which you could play on any computer without installing and have access to your own account. That achievement gave them a unique position in the market which ultimately resulted in the game's success.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

If I was able to say Runescape itself, I would pick that. The desert though... :ohnoes:

If not.. hmm... maybe I'd choose clan chats. I seriously comes in handy when you need help or just wanting the boring times to go away <3: (or you could go to tip.it... either way, epic win :thumbsup:)

Hitting big games like wow on the nose.

More like in the crotch, though they still think they have the best game ever. I wonder why they didn't feel that kick...

Because Runescape was created two years prior to WoW? And most who play it have no money, making it no consequence to Blizzard financially?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Skill capes. It makes getting 99 in a skill more worth it. Without fancy skill capes you would just have some numbers on the high score list. They don't really mean anything either. There's nothing at 99 you can't do around 85(with most skills). They made people work harder for the 99's and is a way of rewarding them more.

dark_myth19.png

Dark_myth19.png

Skill capes. It makes getting 99 in a skill more worth it. Without fancy skill capes you would just have some numbers on the high score list. They don't really mean anything either. There's nothing at 99 you can't do around 85(with most skills). They made people work harder for the 99's and is a way of rewarding them more.
...no, just no.

Anyway... slayer probably

snipers_end.png

agreed.

also rs is the biggest f2p game evar, id call that an achievement

Kripsbmackin.png

(No, i dont actually think I'm in the crips.)

HEY LOOK, IT'S THAT NIGGLE GUY!!!

niggleguyrb2.jpg

But really, Runescape.

ROFL, and Andrew covers his face for the shot.

Outside of the obvious "Runescape" answers, I'd have to say....summoning, mining, farming, runecrafting, slayer, combat in general, and 1/30 of their quests.

Andrew covers his face up in most pictures, much like Pyramid Head, and for similar reasons.

1203218657928ue3.jpg?w=285

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Skill Capes, jagex sucks at running there game in my opinion .

boo. i disagree. skill capes were NEEDED in runescape. it was necessary so players can have a sence of accomplishment after their hard work of obtaining a maxed skill.

I think it was when they went premium version.

That was the decisive step from being a banner click website, to a real company with real employees not working in their moms basement anymore :thumbsup:

Truth is there would be no Runescape or Runescape 2 if it wasn't for the transition. The costs of running the servers and upkeep was too high and nobody clicked banners even though Andrew said we should, threatening to either shut down RS completely or making the game p2p. So he can thank all the lazy buggers of old for now being one of UK's top 100 richest bachelors \'

Essentially ending player-killing was the greatest thing they have done yet in my opinion.

The worst thing they have ever done has been adding PVP Worlds. Now they've shown us that if we whine enough we get whatever we want. Bounty Hunter wasn't good either.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Skill Capes, jagex sucks at running there game in my opinion .

boo. i disagree. skill capes were NEEDED in runescape. it was necessary so players can have a sence of accomplishment after their hard work of obtaining a maxed skill.

He wasn't talking about how bad the capes were he was talking about Jagex.

There biggest achivement working through all there troubling times. :thumbsup: