The OOC

Maleficus1055

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I hate this group of idiotic people. I used to not have a problem with them, until one day I stopped by the cabbage patch and asked the simple question, "Why?" Why do they spend their time on Runescape doing this? Very quickly I was bombarbed with both PMs and public chat calling me a noob, insulting me, and many other things simply because I questioned them. I have been spammed by them about 4 times in total for doing this. They simply gang up and tell all their little friends to do this as well.

So I ask you, members of the OOC, why do you do this? What is the point in mass spamming anyone who questions you? And really, do you find picking up cabbage all day on Runescape FUN?

Why does anyone buy raw materials?

Why does anyone fish for days on end?

Why does anyone play Castle Wars for Gold Armor?

Answer: Because they feel like it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

So you'd want them to stop? I don't think its any of your business to tell people how to play the game - if they want to do it, who are you to tell them to not pick cabbage anymore? Besides, they can be avoided easily enough. Its not like there's a cabbage patch nearby every bank or their memberlist is so extensive you find one of them in every world #-o . And if they still keep pestering you, use the ignore list. Its there for a reason.

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

OOC?

order of cabbage.

i've had the same experience with Heart Unit and while PCing, i quickly get pelted with insults for not doing what they please.

i wouldn't go anywhere near RS clans in general.

So you'd want them to stop? I don't think its any of your business to tell people how to play the game

He asked why they were doing it. They began pelting him with insults. Yeah, he can't tell them to stop insulting him, but it simply shows that the group (originally started for fun) has grown into an abomination to tip.it, composed of a bunch of immature pree-teens. Not stereotyping, that's just how it is.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

He asked for "why?" so your reply is useless.

The original Order Of the Cabbage is nothing to question. Today's incarnation?

All I'll say is: Kill them with fire. emot-flame.gif

The OOC needs to die out. They haven't done anything useful in years, considering they were once the inspiration for an entire April Fool's joke from Jagex.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have only seen the OoC only once, it was a few months ago and they seemed ok. Just quietly picking cabbage and banking, I gave a friendly 'KAH BAH GEE' and didn't even get any reponse at at all so I went on my merry way ;)

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

He asked for "why?" so your reply is useless.

How is that useless? I gave him the best answer that anyone could. They pick cabbages because they feel like it, regardless of what you or I think about how they spend their time.

Let's be frank. That's the best answer the OP is gonna get. If he doesn't like it, then he's looking for his answers in the wrong place.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

*sigh* allow the Past Member to tell you. (Although I'll probably be flamed/questioned for this, and I don't really want to come back and check this topic daily.)

Duncdar, I really must say that you were never IN the OoC. You were a recruit, but never adopted as a member. (just to share that.) I will agree with you that you did have horrible grammar at the time but I congratulate you for improving it. Yes we did talk about you on the spam boards. Yes it was mostly because you weren't very mature and your grammar was horrible. But I, speaking for myself and not the Order as a whole, would like to apologize to you.

Now to defend Ashmad (the "crack-[wagon] admin").

To my knowledge, he was joking around on RuneScape (away from the patch, might I add) and joked about "killing his schoolmates". Some random kid saw it as an opportunity to report the guy so he could get closer to his silver crown.

Jagex received the report and contacted Interpol, who then contacted his local authority. They showed up at his door and found out it was a mistake.

It was NOT his fault. We've all made crude jokes on the internet before, have we not?

As for you, Maleficus1055. I don't know the level of spamming you received from those of us in the Order. So I cannot really judge your situation. We have some past members (no names shall be given) who aren't supportive of the group and will spam/make fun of people who ask about the Order.

As myself, I would like to apologize to you as well for the things that happened that day to you.

If you have any questions, comments, or snide remarks please feel free to direct them toward me via PM on TIF or our forums (link provided by Duncdar).

If you have questions about joining the Order, give our forums a visit and make a post in the "New here? Introduce yourself!" topic under General. (Contrarily to popular belief) We would love some new faces around the patch and forums.

:thumbsup:

*sigh* allow the Past Member to tell you. (Although I'll probably be flamed/questioned for this, and I don't really want to come back and check this topic daily.)

Duncdar, I really must say that you were never IN the OoC. You were a recruit, but never adopted as a member. (just to share that.) I will agree with you that you did have horrible grammar at the time but I congratulate you for improving it. Yes we did talk about you on the spam boards. Yes it was mostly because you weren't very mature and your grammar was horrible. But I, speaking for myself and not the Order as a whole, would like to apologize to you.

Now to defend Ashmad (the "crack-[wagon] admin").

To my knowledge, he was joking around on RuneScape (away from the patch, might I add) and joked about "killing his schoolmates". Some random kid saw it as an opportunity to report the guy so he could get closer to his silver crown.

Jagex received the report and contacted Interpol, who then contacted his local authority. They showed up at his door and found out it was a mistake.

It was NOT his fault. We've all made crude jokes on the internet before, have we not?

As for you, Maleficus1055. I don't know the level of spamming you received from those of us in the Order. So I cannot really judge your situation. We have some past members (no names shall be given) who aren't supportive of the group and will spam/make fun of people who ask about the Order.

As myself, I would like to apologize to you as well for the things that happened that day to you.

If you have any questions, comments, or snide remarks please feel free to direct them toward me via PM on TIF or our forums (link provided by Duncdar).

If you have questions about joining the Order, give our forums a visit and make a post in the "New here? Introduce yourself!" topic under General. (Contrarily to popular belief) We would love some new faces around the patch and forums.

:thumbsup:

*cough LUEshi *cough* Anywho, I do still go to the Order's forums from time to time, and personaly, I don't see them on much, (world 7 Draynor patch right?) Or atleast is was. and yes, I know a few people who will flame the hell out of me still, some like Arthinis or something...

:twss:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Speaking as a past Elder, I can't really say that there's any Order of Cabbage right now...

The cult has no direction, isn't really cabbagey, and the forums are now made up mainly of past members and inactive Acolytes.

Most people you see are past members who lurk the spam boards and occasionally hang around the patch. (Though, I'm surprised you actually found people at the patch... ;) )

Past members are clique-y and don't really care about new recruits, or the few people who are still trying to keep the cult alive. (er... zombified)

They have been damaging to the cults reputation in the past, and they've kinda just taken over due to lack of activity by everyone else. The problem with having a uniform is just because someone wears it and is at the cabbage patch, outsiders (and the people themselves) think they're a member of the OoC. New members are actually selected for their maturity

Take Duncdar for instance. The average TIFer would read his post and assume that he really was a member of the cult, and that the OoC really did have a PKing branch (of which I'm an Admin, no less).

The OoC needs to get out and actually represent themselves for a change.

Unfortunately all the mature people have gone on to university/college and have no time to manage the cult.

(There's been a general decrease in the level of maturity on the internet, particularly on RS, and unfortunately even on TIF, which means it's harder to find members that meet the requirements of having enough craziness and maturity to become a real member of the cult.)

Kah Bah Gee!

Addendum: Hey, are we allowed to post videos here...? Yes? Awesome! Random corny video slideshow reply to Maleficus1055 for "Why the OoC picks cabbage?"

And sorry about the bad encounters you've had with the OoC. There are good people here if you get to the true core of the OoC. ;)

8qmnSVLtmtQ

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Meh, I really can't add much more to Iggy's post, but I'll add this, speaking as a past member:

Most of us past members have either given up on cabbage or just moved on for runescape. For example, I no longer play at all, except for an hour on holiday events.The forums us past members populate are the spam forums, which i can't really understand the problem about because they aren't open to recruits anyways.

Second, to the Thread starter: The people you met were most likely recruits, like duncdar. The majority of them believe they are automatically "in" the order, but few understand how long it actually takes. Most people take 6 months to get into the clan, by which time they are known as mature and caring individuals, not someone who migrates from clan to clan every 10 days. Sadly, two different things have happened: the current acolytes decided that they need to pass on the message of "you aren't IN THE ORDER YET" a bit too roughly, discouraging some possible recruits, and with the turn runescape's community has taken, these new recruits are very few and far between. But i assure you, if they stick out and seem to be worth acolyting, they will be.

And to Iggy: I'm not in college, but i still think i'm atleast somewhat mature. ::'

[offtopic/]man i haven't posted on here in almost a year...

And to Iggy: I'm not in college, but i still think i'm atleast somewhat mature. ::'

Meh, you get the point.

And way to call the OoC a clan. :roll:

OT to your OT: I've been on TIF longer than many people I see nowadays but low post count ftw ::'

EDIT:Fixed BBCode.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Thank you Duncdar, I did have SOME respect in you, no more. Calling me a "crack-[wagon] admin" who probably bought his account... I've had this account for 5 years, and that "incident" you're linking to shows that you've misunderstood the situation more then I could possible imagine.

The biggest reason for that the OOC is having some "troubles" is mainly because of the RS community, RS is filled of people who harass people for a living, and we don't want that kind of people in the order, and without people there is no activity.

And if you've been spammed and harassed by someone at the patch I can GUARANTEE you that it was not a member of the OOC, furthermore, OOC is the best group of people I've ever met and I wouldn't ever want to see the OOC dissolved.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve