Ohio Teen Killed Mom Over Video Game

XxTearGodxX

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What amazes me is that he thought he would be able play the game after he did so.

What amazes me is that he thought he could play the game elsewhere from "He took the game and left"...Erm,if I killed my parents over a game I'd go play it on the computer almost immediately after.

Also,for a gamer,wtf a 9mm?I would have used a more epic gun.Like a portal shooter,or a gravity manipulator.Not a 9mm.(Well,maybe I would,but any gun I get would be epic.)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Jack Thompson is probably laughing right now, and wondering how much cash he can get out of this.

"Maybe if a few more mothers get shot I could get a seat in Congress!!!"

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

As a person with a lot of pent up anger, I can say that it is very possible that he does have a preexisting mental condition. And when someone like me or him does snap, it can be triggered by anything. If you ever heard the phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back", then you can see why it happened.

Also, am I a bad person to think the following is extremely funny.

You have to admit, though, the method was fairly epic. "Close your eyes, I have a surprise for you" And he surprise is bullets.

Heh, glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It sounds like a line from a movie or something. Kinda makes me wonder what went through the parents' heads, though.

son: I have a surprise for you.

dad(thinking): OOO! I hope it's muffins! Golly, I love muffins.

*gunshots*

dad(thinking): This is a terrible muffin. :(

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Obviously there was some pre-existing serious issues there, and the media just latched on to the game, which almost certainly did not solely cause him to shoot his parents. It was merely a 'snapping point'.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's interesting to note that the poll they have there shows 55% are very concerned with violence in video games.

It's quite sad that video games always seem to take the brunt of criticism out of all the entertainment mediums. Violence in movies has been around quite a bit longer, and violent lyrics in music even more so. Also, it's not like violence and murder are new concepts to humankind, only invented in the past century. We've been killing each other since we figured out we could attach rocks onto big sticks, and I'm sure a lot more people have been killed for stupider things over the course of human history, and by sane people to boot.

*gunshots*

Am I the only the person who thinks that that sounds like it should be in a Cyanide and Happiness strip

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

*gunshots*

Am I the only the person who thinks that that sounds like it should be in a Cyanide and Happiness strip

No you're not.

And it would be funny enough.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I love how gun control isn't even focused on, but how they focus on the game.

Im more concerned why most countries that i know has gun licences etc but over there its basically everyone and their mothers are carrying loaded guns. Or why they think "The game (you just lost the game) is a first person shooter, thus they must re-act it, with a gun. I mean could it be sheer obvious the child knew where the gun was? could he have had mental issues, bullying issues, or perhaps a horrible childhood? they need to look more into their past life and social life before jumping to assumatives that its 100% games fault.

Kind'a odd, USA with Gun Issues, UK with Knive Issues, .....Australians with.. errr... Drop Bear Issues?

Popoto.~<3

What amazes me is that he thought he would be able play the game after he did so.

Exactly. I don't understand how he's not insane. I mean, it's okay to say his insanity is not a justification for the act because it clearly isn't... but normal people just don't do this.

I just lost the game...Epicly

OT: That kid really likes his Halo. But yeah, they aren't telling the full story, it was probally just a "snapping point".

The medias just trying to pin videogames and make everyone believe they are the cause for the violence in teens...

Yeah, I am gonna go to Wal-Mart, buy an abyssal whip, and smack my mom with it until her hitpoints are down to zero...

Seriously, videogames were made for fun...not to turn kids into mindless zombies...(rather they turn kids into vmapires who cannot bear the sun).

I personally think that videogames are so violent because we all want to be heroes, and with everything thats going on in the world, we want to be a leader, and we want to feel like our [wagon] can't get killed with twenty bullets, with forty...no with fifty! We want to feel like gods! And we want to be SPARTANS!

Also, who doesn't enjoy the occasional head splatter, decapatation, limb loss, loss of internal organs, death by bloodloss, gouged out eyeballs, throwing up blood, pooping out organs...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Im more concerned why most countries that i know has gun licences etc but over there its basically everyone and their mothers are carrying loaded guns. Or why they think "The game (you just lost the game) is a first person shooter, thus they must re-act it, with a gun. I mean could it be sheer obvious the child knew where the gun was? could he have had mental issues, bullying issues, or perhaps a horrible childhood? they need to look more into their past life and social life before jumping to assumatives that its 100% games fault.

Kind'a odd, USA with Gun Issues, UK with Knive Issues, .....Australians with.. errr... Drop Bear Issues?

Well I mean, it's kinda a viscous cycle; the 'bad guys' carry guns, sop the 'good' guys buy guns to defend themselves, Then the bad guys buy more, and it escalates. But really, gun problems are prone to only USA. This could have happened anywhere.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Heh.Ohio mom gets Halo over Halo 3. #-o

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

How I love the way some people seem to blame video games as an excuse for violent behaviour sometimes :| . This guy clearly had other serious problems, just blaming it entirely on the fact he was playing a violent game is extremely narrow minded.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Reminds me of Hans Van Themsche. (in Flanders)

he was an 18-year old student that shot 3 immigrants. The media claimed he did it because he played Archlord.

The fact he had a few (small) mental issues and his family being extreme right had nothing to do with it ofcourse. :roll:

Byzantus.png

i doubt it was the vidiogame content itself that made him snap it was more like he loved to play it so much when it was taken away he went crazy. kind of like when you take a kid's blanket or something the go crazy and start to throw a tantrum.

it was a 17 year old's temper tantrum :shock:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

The media is gonna go to town with this one...

Obviously he had other issues, a mentally healthy seventeen year old doesn't do that over something as trivial as a video game.

Jack Thompson's gonna love this.

Too bad he got disbarred, and can't do anything about it.

He was disbarred in Florida...

:shame: :ugeek:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The medias just trying to pin videogames and make everyone believe they are the cause for the violence in teens...

Yeah, I am gonna go to Wal-Mart, buy an abyssal whip, and smack my mom with it until her hitpoints are down to zero...

Seriously, videogames were made for fun...not to turn kids into mindless zombies...(rather they turn kids into vmapires who cannot bear the sun).

I personally think that videogames are so violent because we all want to be heroes, and with everything thats going on in the world, we want to be a leader, and we want to feel like our [wagon] can't get killed with twenty bullets, with forty...no with fifty! We want to feel like gods! And we want to be SPARTANS!

Also, who doesn't enjoy the occasional head splatter, decapatation, limb loss, loss of internal organs, death by bloodloss, gouged out eyeballs, throwing up blood, pooping out organs...

Where have you been all my life?