shooterbob7

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's Pvp.

That's stupid. So we should just accept everything? If something needs to improve, Jagex wants to know.

It's something that's actually as old as the game itself. What can be done about it, really? How would we allow someone that just got a kill to walk away scot-free in a danger zone?

Answer that question, and then we might have a basis to fix PvP so that it's acceptable.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The idea against PJers is to have enough food left to survive. If you don't, get ready to bolt to a safe place as soon as your opponent dies. You're simply fighting against an opportunist; take away that opportunity, and they won't bother you much.

Surely you don't fight in PVP just for experience and reputation? Why risk losing gear and loot in return for nothing except an annoyling sprint to a safe spot?

Of course there is always duel arena for safe fights, but IMO, PVP renders Wildy useless. I think they should apply the risk=reward rule for any type of training in the wildy, or even double xp.

I agree with the ten second protection burst before anyone else can jump in. Within that ten seconds you can either heal, or grab and sprint.

I've been target for Pkers in PVP despite wearing costumes, brown apron and rune pick with an invent entirely of gold, annoying but I took the risks knowing I could be targeted.

Just prepare better. #-o

sherman2k.png

138 combat 99 defence here... I've been pked many times right after getting a kill, even when I KNOW that I'm going to be pjed. No matter how fast you eat and turn on protection prayers, you can still be koed in 1 hit if you end the fight low hp.

That being said... I don't necessarily think it should be changed.

There's a reason why there's always 100hp in food drops from your kills

You only get food if your opponent had food. I've never gotten food from a drop.

lol 45-45 d bow kill? no time for food..

What are the odds of that? Especially if you had range pray on...

Assuming that every d bow spec will be a 45-45 you may as well not even enter any fights cuz for all you know, your opponent could be speccing w/ a dark bow and hitting 45-45s..

77yLQy8.png

i think 10 seconds is a bit much, but really you should have some small window to grab your drop at least

i think 5 seconds would be better, i mean even a good hit with a normal weapon like a whip can easily kill you if you're low on hp after a fight, and there's nothing stopping a pjer from following you if you try to move the fight

not to mention the hp you lose because you're running while your opponent is attacking you

unless you're fighting right outside the bank 5 seconds really wouldn't give you time to grab drops and run to safety

but it would give you enough time to eat maybe 2 pieces of food and pray

which might save your life

edit: not asking them to remove it, or give us total safety

just a fighting chance

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

There's a reason why there's always 100hp in food drops from your kills

You only get food if your opponent had food. I've never gotten food from a drop.

lol 45-45 d bow kill? no time for food..

What are the odds of that? Especially if you had range pray on...

Assuming that every d bow spec will be a 45-45 you may as well not even enter any fights cuz for all you know, your opponent could be speccing w/ a dark bow and hitting 45-45s..

smells like genious

Y_Z.png

It has always been this way and for most weapons such as the d-bow the probability of them k0ing you is very slim. However since d claws were released you are almost guaranteed a 1-2 hit pj k0. So if anything it should be changed for that simple reason that there has never been a weapon as powerful as the dragon claws.

patr1ckotg1.png

PJ ftw :D

If you don't like it then suck it up. -.-

My point is that if you don't want people to PJ you...Join us and we wont PJ you.

It's attitudes and cockiness like that that ruin the aspect of a game that is supposed to be fun. The main reason people pj is because it's the only way they will get a kill. Pjing is just one thing to do in game to show jealousy. Others being luring monsters onto someone, and showing no courtesy for other people playing a game that was made to be a hobby in a persons free time.

patr1ckotg1.png

Here's how you fix PvP:

1) Anytime damage is exchanged in single-combat, neither person can be attacked by anybody else unless damage does not occur for 10 seconds. Mages are boned in single-combat, because when you farcast, you aren't technically considered "in-combat" so someone can "tag" you.

2) All damage received is wiped 10 seconds after entering a safe zone. This does not mean you are healed, simply that the invisible "damage counter" that determines who gets the drop upon your death resets.

3) After receiving a kill message, you cannot be attacked for 10 seconds. This does NOT apply in multi-combat.

td2sig.jpg

Can't beat em, join em. Pjing isn't a bad way of making money either, for some reason you can do a tiny amount of damage and still get the drop. O.o

Anyway, just safe towards the end of the fight and ko, then you should be ready for a pjer. Its the middle fight pjers that really tick me off (the ones that wait till someone eats or something and then attack).

O.O

Your there to kill aren't you?

No. Craft guild is usually empty thus allowing faster mining without competition.

Well happy slapping was actually fun.

What was your sentence again? Or are you one of those chavs running from the law again? Either way, I do hope something very nasty comes your way. :twisted:

sherman2k.png