Runescape Classic: An Insight. Share your experiences!

Poopingman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of started in RSC, I played for a very short time. I basically made a character, used my fatigue up and slept in a tent and asked people how they were writing in colourful writing to trade stuff but no one told me so I just stopped playing because I thought it sucked. I returned to RS2 but I don't know when, but I do remember going from Varrock Mine all the way to Lumbridge to smelt ores. :lol:

I remember first time visiting general store in lumby, i didn't know how to talk to npcs, at first i tryed to type out "what can i buy?", then i noticed odd cyan text at the top left, so i tryed simply typing that in, "Can i see your wares" to no avail.. eventually i clicked at the top, and it let me see the tradescreen, bingo! my persistance payed off, and i cashed in my shield for some pots.

I also remember asking people to make me fires i didnt know how, the certing system pain in the... but it really made draynor a big place for uncerting now its a ghost town, the day hard and soft rocks came out, that was a little annoying, so was when fatigue came out.. until they finally brought out sleeping bags, i remember my first glitch, closing door at fally castle and spam clicking the ladder, you went upstairs on the wrong side of the castle so could walk around in air, but shame upstairs you could just see a black ground no lower levels.

the lumbridge guide before tutorial island he was like my best friend for life, until jagex took him away, gnome boots coming out i sold my d long to buy coloured boots since there where only black back then. dieng in legends like 4 times losing my rune axe + 2 friends axes, because of i did the hard route and demon pwned me in 3 rounds of combat, legends cape looked hot in classic imo.

Like post said above i remember walking to lumby furnace aswell didnt go to al kharid alot because of 10gp toll, bring me back to the tehnoobshow vids, where he says to guard "how am i supposed to get that kind of money" i remember those days of killing goblins and gloating at 200gp.

Not seeing others combat levels those where the days, old fishing, had to click alot, people talked more, now you dont have to click people talk less wtf?! getting lost on pirates treasure i offered 10M for the treasure if someone helps me, yes i thought i'd be geniunely rich.

Getting scammed for my money because dlongs and bronze longs looked the same, and he sold me bronze long for cheap so i was eager to click through both windows.. the banks are different now too at fally it used to be where mining guild was facing towards castle, one in ardy faced towards docks and was alot closer.

I remember seeing ladykilljoy, i was scared of her, i didnt know about the wilderness levels that well but i just ran she was 120 something i just couldnt even cope walked as fast as my no kneecap legs could carry me.

I MISS CLASSIC JAGEX GIMMEH MY CLASSIC ACC BACK :oops:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Besides those what I mentioned from Classic that's about it but I still remember a couple things from really early RS2. There are only a few moments I remember but things like getting to 60 Mining and raising all of my other skills, I have absolutely no memory of those types of things. It's as if it just "happened."

I remember training at those Jail Guards in Draynor from that one quest and 2 other people were there. I was about level 20 or so and they were 40 something? I don't remember, but they were higher. I remember it because it was one of my first times being made fun of on the game because they were stronger than me. :(

I also remember teaming up with some random person named Manatoo and eventually near Rune Rocks he betrayed me and almost killed me with his R2H. I got out alive though, and over a year later? We somehow met again and became friends. He used to play a lot but he has vanished. :(

I remember buying a rune battleaxe for a red party hat + 400k cash. I got the better end of the deal, at that time. :cry:

I also remember getting on in January of 2002 and seeing a bunch of people standing around Varrock Wilderness selling Party Hats for 10k each... :?

td2sig.jpg

On the subject of Wilderness, I recall times when PKers would occasionally leave an R2H unattended intentionally just within their range. I always laughed at the folk that were piled within seconds of approaching that bait...

There was also a time that training at Dark Mages in shallow Wild was actually enjoyable. It seems to be one of my better RSC memories for whatever reason...

Heh, last memory: Bought a Santa for 350K, had major buyers' remorse, sold it to a General shop for 60gp :wall:

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

On the subject of Wilderness, I recall times when PKers would occasionally leave an R2H unattended intentionally just within their range. I always laughed at the folk that were piled within seconds of approaching that bait...

There was also a time that training at Dark Mages in shallow Wild was actually enjoyable. It seems to be one of my better RSC memories for whatever reason...

Heh, last memory: Bought a Santa for 350K, had major buyers' remorse, sold it to a General shop for 60gp :wall:

I remember training on the dark mages as well. Back then they were positioned slightly differently, just northwest of the Black Knight fortress. It was very shallow wild so you could easily escape if attacked...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

started in early spring of 03,

go to around 74 combat & 850 total,

chose to keep my bank in rs1 during the switchover, so I started rs2 with the only things that were in my inventory - an r2h and 50 laws.

one of the stranger things that i loved about rs1 were all those bearded-lady autoers.

(hohto and meili each have many many pictures of rs1 on the websites in their sigs, if people are interested in other screenshots)

Haha, the entire glitch with bearded women was a scream in general.

It wasn't really a glitch. Just packet manipulation using a different client than the one Jagex gave you.

With the normal RS client you make a female character, get a female formed platebody on, than go to the makeover mage and change your gender to male with a beard and voila.

V1rta is the highest level bearded lady ever btw.

bluerose_shemale.jpg

courtesy of hohto's great pic website.

These bring back some memories.. I havn't played for years and i'm just trying to get used to RS2!

I hated it at first. It took me a good year to get acclimated to it and actually "get" what was going on. I felt so lost.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

started in early spring of 03,

go to around 74 combat & 850 total,

chose to keep my bank in rs1 during the switchover, so I started rs2 with the only things that were in my inventory - an r2h and 50 laws.

one of the stranger things that i loved about rs1 were all those bearded-lady autoers.

(hohto and meili each have many many pictures of rs1 on the websites in their sigs, if people are interested in other screenshots)

i remember the woman outside heroes guild, achiettes i think it is? she had a beard for along time until jagex eventually fixed it

So was it really a glitch, programming error, etc.?

here is how i remember doing the bearded lady glitch exactly...step 1 turn yourself into a girl. Step 2. equip the female plate. step 3. turn back into a male with the female plate still equiped, and it never unequips

The instance I was talking about was the fact that when you went to the Makeover Mage, women still had a facial hair option. Of course its been a long time, I may be wrong. In that case it would just be a lazy mistake by Jagex.

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

myskills.jpg

Note Carpentry there. Was taken summer 2002 at some point just after I became a member.

Intriguing...So to get Carpentry straight, wasn't it just an inactive skill in the stat box for most of classic? I can't remember if they removed it and brought it back; since sometime around 2002 Jagex was raising interest in it again with the discussing of player-owned houses.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Interesting read. Was fun times back in RSC. Shame i've lost contact with most of my friends from back then :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

myskills.jpg

Note Carpentry there. Was taken summer 2002 at some point just after I became a member.

Intriguing...So to get Carpentry straight, wasn't it just an inactive skill in the stat box for most of classic? I can't remember if they removed it and brought it back; since sometime around 2002 Jagex was raising interest in it again with the discussing of player-owned houses.

Yeah it was inactive, was "replaced" by agility when that was released.

I seem to remember then the Wilderness came out people thought that the planks of wood lying around were gonna be used for carpentry so they collected them.
lol and tiles :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was talking to someone in fishing guild about RSC yesterday made me miss it, I'd forgot how awesome it was :thumbsup: We were talking about all this mentioned how it all worked like sleeping bags and dueling anywhere. We said they should make a cape for RSC veterans that would be awesome. When I started rsc I didn't even know what to do I was lost playing it lol I ran round dieing from goblins to start lol or just mined constantly at al kahrid.. :( I lost that old account though a long time ago can't even remember know though but it had the name Razzzzzza, lost it in the new RS because I'd trained slayer on it :thumbsup:. I do miss RSC though lol