Runescape Classic: An Insight. Share your experiences!

Poopingman

Interesting read. Was fun times back in RSC. Shame i've lost contact with most of my friends from back then :(

I have as well, 99% of them don't even play anymore...

It was kind of cool the other day. I was just sitting in a bank and a player came up and was like "Poopingman, is that you?" he remembered me from waaaay back when in RSC and said my name was impossible to forget. :lol:

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember then the Wilderness came out people thought that the planks of wood lying around were gonna be used for carpentry so they collected them.
lol and tiles :P

lmao I remember that

Or the Lumbridge cabbage patch back when it was pvp everywhere. You'd kill someone and they'd come back 1 min later and try and box you for their stuff back hahaha.

27th february 2002, a day when Andrew added p2p and made ppl manually as members...me as well ;)

logoutax7.jpg

lol awesome so i was playing before members didnt know that quite funny though, now everythings automated not like good old days :P Jan 2002 here :P friend said "Roomscape" later that day i phoned i confirmed it was runescape, i first saw it and i though that looks CABBAGE, but it was alot of fun going around together, found iron battleaxe on the floor in dwarven mines ran for my life past scorpions and a friend stole it.

i remember ardy coming out and trying thieving friend got to silk and i was soo jealous, and when agility came out about 500 people on the gnome course that was a fun day lol, and glitches haha, like the one getting stuck on wrong side in fally castle walking upstairs outside the town, never experienced knife bug but i saw people doing that :\ and the day the dupe happened i went to school and we all planned getting some hats, i got a pink off a noob, but jagex said theyd trace it so i sold lol, OO and i know i'm not the only one here varrock museum, dreaming of telegrabbing the iron kite and things lol.

I remember first getting in the fishing guild RSC trade place was varrock palace, not fally park, playing rs2 beta being amazed cats followed you and didnt sit in inv wanting stuff.

I love my bunny ears sentimental value :D ugh memories i miss classic lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

27th february 2002, a day when Andrew added p2p and made ppl manually as members...me as well ;)

logoutax7.jpg

Whoa... the hobos and limpwurt root look so nubbis, now after years... I remember when I was a semi-beginner, I tried to lurk around the hobgoblin mine without proper equipment, trying to pick natures and laws and roots people left behind. Obviously got killed by happy trainers and pkers :D

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

adventurer was the best class to start with because you started with a super rare tinderbox!!!! I started adventurer on every class because i couldn't figure out where to get a tinderbox on my own for the life of me lol

pandapk2.jpg

Does anyone remember when we called chaos, nature, cosmic etc as "new runes" long time after they added them.

Does anyone remember days when you needed to click pickaxe and then rock? and if you misclicked rock, your pickaxe dropped on ground and you couldnt pick it up if someone else was standing at same spot...which caused often "plz guys move, i dropped my pickaxe"

Its pity that there is no screnshots from those "mule" marches that high level miners and smithers did sometimes...10 mules marching was always funny to see ;)

I wrote once a "book" from my RS history which include my detailed game history from early 2001 to end of 2002 including all well known ppl which i had interaction with or they was part of something other ways and also mentioned all game changes and how they were affecting to community and game playing. Also it was containing alot of some secrets revealed in bad and in good.

Since i was somewhat well known in early RS i also met well known high levelers every day and interacting with them so my RS era was quite interesting.

I quit active playing when i was #2 in overall and now im ranked as #171588...it tells how easy this game is now compared to days when i played.

I wrote that years ago when my memory was clear...i was going to post it once but it got abadoned as unfinished project and no idea if i still have it somewhere :P

I wrote that years ago when my memory was clear...i was going to post it once but it got abadoned as unfinished project and no idea if i still have it somewhere :P

I hope you find it, it sounds really interesting.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Does anyone remember when we called chaos, nature, cosmic etc as "new runes" long time after they added them.

Does anyone remember days when you needed to click pickaxe and then rock? and if you misclicked rock, your pickaxe dropped on ground and you couldnt pick it up if someone else was standing at same spot...which caused often "plz guys move, i dropped my pickaxe"

Its pity that there is no screnshots from those "mule" marches that high level miners and smithers did sometimes...10 mules marching was always funny to see ;)

I wrote once a "book" from my RS history which include my detailed game history from early 2001 to end of 2002 including all well known ppl which i had interaction with or they was part of something other ways and also mentioned all game changes and how they were affecting to community and game playing. Also it was containing alot of some secrets revealed in bad and in good.

Since i was somewhat well known in early RS i also met well known high levelers every day and interacting with them so my RS era was quite interesting.

I quit active playing when i was #2 in overall and now im ranked as #171588...it tells how easy this game is now compared to days when i played.

Yeah I'd love for you to add some of your insight.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

logoutax7.jpg

i rember those goblins, me and my friend got into a argument about which goblin was better, runescape classic or the new runescape.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

yea funny story. this dude named bankrobber2 used to buy all new runes for 1k each, didnt matter wether it was cosmic or any other type of new rune.. dunno what he used it for but this other dude named Lord_Me did the same thing and both of them got banned at some point. so new runes rocked my boat for a while at least thanks to bankrobber2 and lord_me :thumbsup: although im fairly certain they were up to some shady business hehehehehehe

I remember spending all my time walking back and forth between the crafting guild and al kharid to mind silver and silver ore and also buy gems at the gem shop back when it was members only, then selling all my gold jewelry in port sarim and making enough money to buy rune at the champions guild.

Spoiled kids these days with their GEs and vast arrays of transports. *grumple* No respect... *grumble*

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.