Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
So, um, where would the best place for someone who wants to get into Final Fantasy be? Game-wise, I mean.

I've been looking to get into JRPGs for a while and FF seems like the logical starting place. xD
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB
I just got my first Final Fantasy game, FF XIII, and I'm pretty sure I'm nearly done with it. It's a great game, and as I said earlier my only complaint is the cheesiness of the characters/story and how linear the game is. The pretty creative battle system is a big plus, the graphics are AWESOME, and the fact that it plays like an interactive movie with combat involved was pretty appealing to me personally. There are lots of long cutscenes (10+ minutes) and there's also a good amount of reading you have to do to get the whole story. The other thing I really like is the fact that while the combat system is pretty complex, it starts off really simple and they gradually introduce more mechanics as you play, to make sure you're ready for it.

With Final Fantasy they're all separate storylines so choosing a more recent game won't leave you with a sequel that's better played after its predecessors. That was my concern with jumping into Final Fantasy, but it isn't a problem at all. I've heard great things about FF VII, and I can personally vouch for FF XIII. Though other people will have to talk about the other games :P

Also, in regards to JRPG's, the Tales of series makes some incredible games. Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 for the Gamecube and Wii respectively are my personal favorites. They've both got well over 50 hours of gameplay, have a great story with bundles of plot twists, and really really fun combat.
Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
FFXIII's battle system is FFX-2's, there's no difference. They also seem like they're trying too hard to emulate FFVII and FFX.

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • RSN:Randuin
  • RSN2:Q 4 Dyslexia

So, um, where would the best place for someone who wants to get into Final Fantasy be? Game-wise, I mean.

I've been looking to get into JRPGs for a while and FF seems like the logical starting place. xD

In my opnion, either start with the basics. (FF1) Or go for the most praised ones (FFVII or FFX)

If you don't like FFVII or FFX, you probably won't like the series as a whole. FF1 is very basic and easy to learn too, so starting there isn't bad.

ragmar12345
[ Display Name History ]

ragmar12345

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • RSN:Paragon
  • Clan:Lady Heinous

In my opnion, either start with the basics. (FF1) Or go for the most praised ones (FFVII or FFX)

If you don't like FFVII or FFX, you probably won't like the series as a whole. FF1 is very basic and easy to learn too, so starting there isn't bad.

I love FFIX. Basic, easy to learn, good storyline, lotta sidequests, not TOO much customization, unlike FFVIII.
Posted Image

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
So... uuh... I just found out that Square is making a Final Fantasy XIII-2.

My reaction?

Cwindstar
[ Display Name History ]

Cwindstar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Cwindstar
  • RSN2:Roller Deuce
  • Clan:Old Goats of Runescape
One thing i disagree with is basically the gameplay for Final Fantasy 13 battles is to keep the leader of the party alive at all times. ( :thumbdown: ) I mean i liked the other games where the main character could fall in battle and you didnt have an instant game over. Other than that its a pretty good game. ( :thumbsup: )

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

One thing i disagree with is basically the gameplay for Final Fantasy 13 battles is to keep the leader of the party alive at all times. ( :thumbdown: ) I mean i liked the other games where the main character could fall in battle and you didnt have an instant game over. Other than that its a pretty good game. ( :thumbsup: )

The Shin Megami Tensei universe of games usually has that as a game mechanic, where if the main character dies it's game over. Most don't have a problem with it, so hmm.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

The Shin Megami Tensei universe of games usually has that as a game mechanic, where if the main character dies it's game over. Most don't have a problem with it, so hmm.

Well it dosen't help when the final boss has an instant death move that he can randomly choose to cast on the party leader... that's how my first 15 minute long attempt ended. :angry:

Cwindstar
[ Display Name History ]

Cwindstar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Cwindstar
  • RSN2:Roller Deuce
  • Clan:Old Goats of Runescape

Well it dosen't help when the final boss has an instant death move that he can randomly choose to cast on the party leader... that's how my first 15 minute long attempt ended. :angry:

So true, being so close and then, Whamo just like that. :blink:

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

I'd be thinking it's Strange Journey, no? Her MA attack which just does 100% damage to you, right? I think you can use the Dragon Ring for the Endure effect and smooth it over once. Or is this Nocturne? Or even one of the first two mainline games that has a final boss that consists of "<FINAL BOSS WHOSE NAME IS NOT GOING TO BE SPOILERED> has pointed his finger at X! X has died!"?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users