Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My problems and such - Update

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1

Like...A black frame around your screen? Can you place your mouse on the second screen? Does it, or any other window look abnormal?

No, it's just a wallpaper, with my cursor.

And thanks mustand, I'll try that :)

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
Fixed. I just unplugged and replugged it in and... POOF.

Now, next question. When I start up internet explorer, the entire window is "outside" my screen. I have to move it back in. What's going on?

And people who visit Cyanide & happiness (the webcomic), is something wrong with the site, I can't access it for the past few days. Nothing wrong with my connection, I can play runescape, browse forums, check stuff out.

EDIT : Now what? When I mouse wheel click to open a new tab, an error message shows up, but the tab is there anyway. What's causing this? I like opening many tabs at once, so this is potenitally annoying.

EDITEDIT: Um... It fixed itself, as is the case with every other problem on my hawt new machine so far...

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
HALP, windows shell has disappeared! I was trying to run a game, then it said windows explorer stopped working, blahblahblah, then the game hanged, and i was forced to restart the computer. Then, the windows explorer somehow managed to fail to restart, so now i am restricted to using the laptop. help please?

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
... I tried making the thing mess up so that it would prompt me to restart. It worked.

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
New question! It might be fixed in a few days time miraculously though

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
Which browser are you on? Can you give us a link to an example of a page that loads so badly?

C2b6gs7.png

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
Gah. Gaming lag. I edited the screen resolution of my warcraft with regedit, runs nicely now, but it lags horrendously on multiplayer. Could the resolution be causing this?

red_Fat1
[ Display Name History ]

red_Fat1

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Red fat1
  • RSN2:TheHitman324
  • Clan:Dragonwood

Gah. Gaming lag. I edited the screen resolution of my warcraft with regedit, runs nicely now, but it lags horrendously on multiplayer. Could the resolution be causing this?

Possibly if you have a bad monitor/gfx card. If it lags on multiplayer its proberly your internet.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez
Rest in Peace 3xtermination
Posted Image

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
Stupid internet. It started lagging ever since my brother installed McAfee on it, or is it just a coincidence.

Anyway, it brought up all sorts of nonsense, which includes, but are not limited to:

Ridiculously slow youtube buffering

RuneScape doesn't load.

MSN refuses to sign me in, now seriously.

Downloading stuff from servers with supposedly high bandwidth has a 10kb/sec downloading speed (like stuff from mozilla).

Help? Could the stupid McAfees stupid firewalls be causing this? If it is I am so not going to buy any sort of antivirus from a shop from now on.

FML

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Stupid internet. It started lagging ever since my brother installed McAfee on it, or is it just a coincidence.

Anyway, it brought up all sorts of nonsense, which includes, but are not limited to:

RuneScape doesn't load.

Downloading stuff from servers with supposedly high bandwidth has a 10kb/sec downloading speed (like stuff from mozilla).

Help? Could the stupid McAfees stupid firewalls be causing this? If it is I am so not going to buy any sort of antivirus from a shop from now on.

FML

Reading everything you've said so far, you definitely need to reformat your computer.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts

RuneScape doesn't load.

FML

Reading everything you've said so far, you definitely need to reformat your computer.

Isn't it just the internet?

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Qu├ębec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sbr

RuneScape doesn't load.

FML

Looks to me like McAfee is doing that. Most of us at college experienced it when they installed McAfee on our laptops. As soon as I removed it, and replaced it with Avira, I didn't have problems anymore, they were all caused by McAfee. So was it for anyone else that uninstalled McAfee, since they were our laptops and not college's laptops. Poor people that loans the laptops at the college..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users