who is the oldest player on runescape?

limparse

Yeh, it really is depressing. There are a hell of a lot of stupid kids out there. Im only 16 myself, and a lot of my mates play. When out training and start talking to people, whenever the conversation gets round to 'how old are you', and I say 16, they all react the same;

'Yeh right, thats what 8 year olds say when they are trying to act big'

Its really getting quite frustrating!!

These kids do need a good [wagon] kickin sometime. As for calling 'mature' players sad, thats rubbish. If it weren't for older players, RS economy would grind to a halt, prices would remain static, and events like the Santa Hat fiasco would become much more common. Kids know nothing about keeping an economy healthy, I would be the first to admit that!!

SO after my little rant, that didnt really seem to go anywhere, (troublesome) kids should be taught some respect!! I fully support a geriatrics clan if it means ure gonna kick some kids into shape!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met up with a 12-yo the other night, we were both doing the new drunken dwarf quest.

We did the quest together and had great fun.

He was a bit upset when I quit to go to bed at 12:45am my time. It was 2:45pm where he was so he couldn't understand why I was tired. :)

I have a friend who is 30 in another game and he can't understand why I go to bed when I'm tired. I don't know when he sleeps. because it will be 3 am my time and 6 am his time and he still isn't tired.:oops:

azriella.png

Laugh away, if you wish. One of the nice things about being my age is you stop worrying about what other people think about you, and just go ahead and do what you want anyway.
This is one of the many advantages we have as older players. It's cool for kids to scorn pokemon nowadays, but I'm not ashamed of my fascination with Pikachu - it cheers me up and I like it. :)

My son is 17 (just graduated high school) and so my age is "old enough to know better". I can't begin to count the number of times I've explained in game that I'm a mom, then had some kid ask how old I was, then I explained to them that it wasn't polite to ask a woman's age ... I don't normally stand on formalities, but for some reason I stand on that one, lol!

So I'm improving the world's manners one convert at a time, heh heh ...

I saw a quote in someone's sig on another forum about the Runescape Rule of Levels: anyone lower than you is a noob, anyone higher than you has no life. I think that sums up the attitude (and jealousy) pretty well, lol.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

i agree with the kids being rude but i am 13 and i am never rude to adults. But once, I went to kalphite soldiers and set up a cannon there and this 40 year old starts saying stuff like "do your parents know ur so rude in the game ?" Before i even said anything. I said how am i rude? She says "well i am training here and u just come and puts a cannon down here." I just said well its not ur training place. Then she starts blabbering about how bad parents i got so i turned private chat on friends and ignored her.

i agree with the kids being rude but i am 13 and i am never rude to adults. But once, I went to kalphite soldiers and set up a cannon there and this 40 year old starts saying stuff like "do your parents know ur so rude in the game ?" Before i even said anything. I said how am i rude? She says "well i am training here and u just come and puts a cannon down here." I just said well its not ur training place. Then she starts blabbering about how bad parents i got so i turned private chat on friends and ignored her.

Well , not all adults are nice ppl, but as this thread shows not all youngsters are nasty, you did the best thing by turning on private chat to friends and ignoring her.

anyway, now we know that runescape is for all ages and im glad that so many people of all ages posted their opinions and views, im sure there must be someone older than 74 who plays.

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

omfg....i just realized something....when im old and senile i wont have anything to do ....rs will b gone....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

that is awesome luck with ur wife 30 minutes is close someone had that happen with 2 towers he forgot his camera went home for it took him like 15 min drive he was just reaching his house and saw a plane hit where he was working (didnt matter as a plane went into both buildings very sad)

Luring master.

I'd still be considered a young player (only 20) but it's mostly the ppl that are 18 and up that generally show respect to other players on the game and when I played I didn't like dealing with all the mouthy little kids. I had a few friends on the game that were quite a bit older than me and I enjoyed their company. I believe Chevyredone is 39 and lameclod (if he still plays) should be around 51 (I always bugged him to go pking but he said he shook when he pked, lol)
thx mr.C....

it was fun playing and pking with you as well very well spoken youngster! and i just had another b-day so it's now 40! alot of players are between the age of 19 and 55 i give respect and recive the same! most of my long time friends will agree you get what you give! :D

Laugh away, if you wish. One of the nice things about being my age is you stop worrying about what other people think about you, and just go ahead and do what you want anyway.
This is one of the many advantages we have as older players. It's cool for kids to scorn pokemon nowadays, but I'm not ashamed of my fascination with Pikachu - it cheers me up and I like it. :)

My son is 17 (just graduated high school) and so my age is "old enough to know better". I can't begin to count the number of times I've explained in game that I'm a mom, then had some kid ask how old I was, then I explained to them that it wasn't polite to ask a woman's age ... I don't normally stand on formalities, but for some reason I stand on that one, lol!

So I'm improving the world's manners one convert at a time, heh heh ...

I saw a quote in someone's sig on another forum about the Runescape Rule of Levels: anyone lower than you is a noob, anyone higher than you has no life. I think that sums up the attitude (and jealousy) pretty well, lol.

well its not like they know your a woman, so dont take offence to it ;)

youve got a point on that sig the person had, it seems that some people feel that way of people in runescape, unfortunately :(

ok, not some. a lot more than there should be. but yeah.

There may be a topic like this some where, so I apologize in advance for duplicating one. But then again, I'm sure there's more than one of every topic some where in these forums...

Any way, I was just curious to know how old everyone is. It seems like RuneScape gets a wide variety of ages, so I wanted to see what it would all average down to. I'm 16 myself, but I don't really play this game like I used to. I was really into it about 2 years ago, but I quit members several months ago and just play every now and then when I find the time.

Later,

Combat LvL: 98

pumpkin.jpg

pumpkineat.jpg

leet.jpg

There may be a topic like this some where, so I apologize in advance for duplicating one. But then again, I'm sure there's more than one of every topic some where in these forums...

Any way, I was just curious to know how old everyone is. It seems like RuneScape gets a wide variety of ages, so I wanted to see what it would all average down to. I'm 16 myself, but I don't really play this game like I used to. I was really into it about 2 years ago, but I quit members several months ago and just play every now and then when I find the time.

Later,

wow u play that long and ur only lvl 93 ? im 25 years old, people sometimes dont believe me... :-)

i think average age is 13

swordy.gif

F2P; RSN: Loomysh; 100cmb; 88smithing

Later,

wow u play that long and ur only lvl 93 ?

I've played for around 5 years and I'm only level 84. :P

I'm 16, btw (17 in November).

And yeah, average age is probably around 13.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

im 14

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

I'm 14. And the average age is probably 13-15. Although after this it's probably the 20-30 year olds. Surprisingly, there are alot of 20-30 year olds that play, but i don't know why that is. Duh duh duuuh...

pixelsigwg5.png

On January 19th of this year Jagex ran this poll... Here are the results:

Male under 16: 42170 (66%)

Male 16-25: 12463 (19%)

Male 26-40: 2382 (3%)

Male over 40: 1067 (1%)

Female under 16: 1769 (2%)

Female 16-25: 1305 (2%)

Female 26-40: 946 (1%)

Female over 40: 844 (1%)

Does this answer your question?

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.