Children dead in Belgian nursery knife attack

Flodder450

As a Belgian, I have not only been shocked by the news, but also by the awful journalism that went with it. Both the press and civilians have shown how dearly they love sensation. Psychiatrists, lawyers, politicians etc were ready to comment and to give their opinions without even a shred of information. The criminal who did this was reported to be a known criminal and a psychiatric patient even before his name was known to the police. It's truly disgusting how people are satisfying their need for sensation and short-lived fame, thinly veiled by their so-called concern for the victims.

As a Belgian, I have not only been shocked by the news, but also by the awful journalism that went with it. Both the press and civilians have shown how dearly they love sensation. Psychiatrists, lawyers, politicians etc were ready to comment and to give their opinions without even a shred of information. The criminal who did this was reported to be a known criminal and a psychiatric patient even before his name was known to the police. It's truly disgusting how people are satisfying their need for sensation and short-lived fame, thinly veiled by their so-called concern for the victims.

This is like a Belgian Columbine but sadder.

I live very very close to that village and when it happened , we had to close the doors , windows and such , so scared was everyone 'cus by then the murder wasn't arrested yet ..

On VTM (TV channel in Belgium) Jef Vermassen ("famous" lawyer in Belgium) said that he was just sick (ye we see that but ..) and probally wont be in jail but in (i don't know how that's called) "a center for sick peaple" , that made me so angry , sometimes i wish the electric chair was still used :x

And the children that survived it , had to have plastic surgery , don't ask me how bad they looked :cry:

If you want to know something ask me , I experienced it from very close

PS : I hope you can all understand me a bit xD

:cry:

The same Jef Vermassen took this 'opportunity' to promote his new book on mass murderers, he really is that full of himself to get free advertisement from such a tragedy.

The sad part is that it is becoming more and more clear that the suspect got his ideas from the Joker, because the papers are writing that he's only laughing when questioned, and not co-operating at all.

Knives + laughing + face paint...

Also, they now say he didn't have a criminal past, they still don't know much thou..

Woo. People died. Now let's go make a big deal out of it! -.-

Yes, I am this shallow. But people die ALL THE TIME for WHATEVER reason.

I live very close to that area. One of the childs was family of one of my great friends.

I wish I could cut his [bleep] off, let him eat it and rape him over and over whilst stabbing him over and over.

You would rape a guy? :-#

I hope you die in a very embarrasing, painful way and that nobody may ever care nor even remember your puny name. You think it is funny to mock death; losing a loved one, a break of an emotional band, a life ruptured?

I hope someone whom you love or is closely related to you dies. I hope you suffer various pain, I hope you will have to drug yourself up to just feel some sort of happiness again.

You sir are pathetic, the filth on humankind, a disgrace, I don't even have the words to describe you.

-Renate.

;>

I live very close to that area. One of the childs was family of one of my great friends.

I wish I could cut his [bleep] off, let him eat it and rape him over and over whilst stabbing him over and over.

I hope you die in a very embarrasing, painful way and that nobody may ever care nor even remember your puny name. You think it is funny to mock death; losing a loved one, a break of an emotional band, a life ruptured?

I hope someone whom you love or is closely related to you dies. I hope you suffer various pain, I hope you will have to drug yourself up to just feel some sort of happiness again.

You sir are pathetic, the filth on humankind, a disgrace, I don't even have the words to describe you.

-Renate.

Da Latios is right, who gives a [bleep] if people are murdered? I mean, it's so commonplace. Why do they have to report everytime someone famous dies or is murdered?

Seriously, if I was murdered, they wouldn't put it in the New York Times. Honestly, if it was a murder where hundreds of people died, then yeah, put it on the news so people can help find who did it.

Like I said before, why does everyone go all :( when people die? I go :| and if it's a person I hate I go :twss:

The sooner you get over the "ME ME ME" syndrome, the better.

Like I said before, why does everyone go all :( when people die?

Because it's an amazing ability to have empathy for other people other than ourselves. Perhaps you should learn it some day.

By the way he didn't dress as the joker, he dressed as a clown. But for arguments sake it's pretty much the same thing.

I agree with Sumpta 100%, pretty much the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw the report. There are mentally unstable people all around the community. Pretty stupid to have a childcare center near a psychiatric ward anyway. Same as having a ward across from Westfields, in Brisbane. I remember raising money for Oxfam there a few years ago and shook the hands of someone who told me he just stabbed himself :thumbup:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

You asked why people are sad when people are murdered. The answer is empathy. You obviously didn't feel any or you wouldn't have asked. :wall:

Anyway, I'm not saying it doesn't exist in you what so ever. I'm just saying have a little respect for the families that this has happened to if anything. Their hearts are already breaking, yet alone perhaps stumbling across an opinion like yours who doesn't give a damn.

One day something like this is going to happen to someone you know, you're going to turn to someone and they're not going to care. And when that moment happens (yes it's happened to me too) you're going to feel dumb struck and just stand there and go "OH.."

If you don't care then surely it's not worth your energy posting that you don't care.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

BIG NEWS , CREATOR OF THE THREAD ,PLEAS ADD !!

The murder appears to be the murder of a 72 year old women that died 2 weeks ago , and his face didn't look like the joker , he was just THAT pale

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

The sooner you get over the "ME ME ME" syndrome, the better.

Simply because he doesn't care about a couple people killed/injured on the other side of the world, it doesn't mean that he's completely egotistical. People get hurt, people die. All the time. It's unnecessary to fall to pieces over every death, especially if you had no idea who they were beforehand. Nothing's going to bring them back, so just move on with life. Grieving is just a waste of time, money, and energy.

I would have agreed with the redundancy of these threads concerning those killings, or any tragedies for that matter, but when it happens close to you, you'll feel different about it. Besides, if you don't like discussing the horror of it, be mature and discuss the nature of this killing: is it not surreal that the killer was dressed up as the Joker from the dark knight, acted exactly the same towards the cops after he got caught and doesn't seem to give a crap?

I find it pretty nauseating that some people can't separate fiction from reality. Makes me wonder whether extremely violent video games and movies should be allowed still.

The kind of people who would do something like this would do it regardless of inspiration; he could have easily mimiced another movie, or a video game, or even past figures (i.e. a serial killer or historical figure). Extremely violent video games and movies don't make it difficult for people to discern fantasy over reality, they are a mere source of fantasy. If they weren't there, these kinds of people would find some other source of fantasy.

[hide=NecroBean's Quote Chain]

-Renate.

[/hide]

Whhhaaaaatttt,

You're still active on these forums ?

First time I've seen your posts in a long while. :-#

I would have agreed with the redundancy of these threads concerning those killings, or any tragedies for that matter, but when it happens close to you, you'll feel different about it. Besides, if you don't like discussing the horror of it, be mature and discuss the nature of this killing: is it not surreal that the killer was dressed up as the Joker from the dark knight, acted exactly the same towards the cops after he got caught and doesn't seem to give a crap?

I find it pretty nauseating that some people can't separate fiction from reality. Makes me wonder whether extremely violent video games and movies should be allowed still.

The kind of people who would do something like this would do it regardless of inspiration; he could have easily mimicked another movie, or a video game, or even past figures (i.e. a serial killer or historical figure). Extremely violent video games and movies don't make it difficult for people to discern fantasy over reality, they are a mere source of fantasy. If they weren't there, these kinds of people would find some other source of fantasy.

It's true they'd find another way of feeding their fantasy, but it doesn't have to result into the same mess it did now. I am pretty convinced that the depression of this guy would result into him committing suicide instead of killing so many others if violence wasn't so often portrayed as 'cool', as it is in all action B-movies. I'm not talking about the Dark Knight though; I'm talking about the triviality of murder and other violence. I find all the apathetic reactions in this very thread evidence enough that society lost some basic values concerning respect for another person's life. Perhaps those apathetic reactions are because we get numbed by all the horrible news we get every day. But I think that a lot of violence is somehow justified by the criminals because they've seen and heard so much of it that they lower their 'natural common sense barriers' that would stop them from committing a crime.

Of course their are nutters always, but I doubt this guy is: I think he's just very very depressed, sick with life and probably blames society for it. He didn't have a psychiatric past anyway. So that's why I wonder if the same thing would happen if violence wouldn't be in the media, in films and in games so often. And don't get me wrong, I don't mean to forbid all violence, because it's part of human nature, but toning down the extremes* wouldn't be bad IMHO.

*=with extremes I mean:

Games that make you slice throats of children in a peaceful village, punching the mothers and grandparents to death first (saw some very disturbing footage of such a game earlier this week)

Films that make it seem as if killing someone is cool and needs no real motive. Also extremely violent films like Saw or all other movies that make it seem that torture can be cool and satisfying (even though the majority of all people are sane enough to find it disgusting)

It's of course idiotic to go any further: boys will always like to play with toy soldiers, but that's because boys like to prove themselves. Those toy soldiers could just as easily be toy dinosaurs. It doesn't 'lower the barrier' like I said before.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

The reason that a child's death is more reported than say an adults death, is because children, especially the age of going to a day centre, are innocent, and have no means to protect themselves, and probably wouldn't of understood that the man who just walked through the door carrying a knife wanted to kill them all.

Killing an innocent defenceless child is seen as one of the worst crimes, pretty much any crime that involves children are usually seen as sickening and disgusting, compared to the crime committed on an adult.

This was a sick act, and I feel so sorry for the parents of these children, who if old enough to understand what was going on, could be scarred for the rest of their lives.

You know, I think there's still a bright side, if this would have happened in a place where guns are legal, the consequences could have been much worse. I'm not saying this isn't horrible, but it could have been much worse, and luckily it isn't.

R.I.P.

Games that make you slice throats of children in a peaceful village, punching the mothers and grandparents to death first (saw some very disturbing footage of such a game earlier this week)

Which game was it?

And is it on xbox360?

Zerker_jane.png

R.I.P.

Which game was it?

And is it on xbox360?

You thinkin' Fable? :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg