How many Runescape players out there are adults like me?

cookie1762

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I have been wondering about this for a long time. How many runescape players out there are adult players? I know there are alot of kids out there that play too, but just curious how many people like me out there playing. My husband and I both play RS and enjoy some healthy competition with each other. I have a full time job and look forward to playing after everything around the house is done and a bit on the weekends.

Thanks for reading! :D

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

alot, the reason kids seems to be frequent is said to be "squeaky wheel gets the oil". meaning, if you constantly see people acting like kids, and the adults being mature and not talking/keeping it professional. your going to notice the kids more.

also, define "adult"

Lol, thats true. Well, i mean the working class of people. We are still kids at heart, but in a grown up world.

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Technically an adult (24), big kid in reality :P

There are a LOT of us out there, most of my friends on Runescape are all adults.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

:D

Hi, I'm with you, I KNOW there are lots of adults (like myself) who play. There are even clans/communities (see my sig ;) )for adults who play.

We may be a minority, but is not as rare as you think, some of us are just quiet about it.

chris_924.png

My sister's turning twenty this year, and she's a "big girl" in nothing except games, and her PSP. She has two part-time jobs (not sure which one to switch to D:) but she seems more of a kid than me. I'm going on seventeen, and RuneScape's been entertaining me since I was what, thirteen? :P

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Yep. Started playing when I was about 17 and now im 24. Can't believe i'm still playing it to be honest. Sometimes I take a year or 6 months off, but eventually I get a voice that says "what about all that time you put into levelling up?", then I relapse back into addiction :ohnoes:

I'm 19, so I'm not really sure if I am considered an adult or not (depends on who's standards I guess, so according to your standards).

But what I know for sure is that a lot of adults play RuneScape :D I know many ingame.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

No specific age, just curious about who is out there. Im in my 20's ::'

Drops/Clue Finds:

started playing when i was 14... and I'm now 20! Where has all the time gone, haha. I've been off and on those 6 years... I must say it is getting harder to tolerate the community now a days. A lot has changed but then again so has my perspective in those 6 years so who am i to judge.

pandapk2.jpg

Started playing around late 15/early 16 and am now 19. Still feel like a kid though.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I'm 23, Been playing sense i was like 19 :P

I know quite a few adult players, though we consider ourselfs 'big kids" at heart :)

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

At 39(40 next week), I'm the oldest RS player I know.

Not the oldest in the game, just the oldest I know.

lol thats nothing i knew tons of ppl in my rsc days that were older than me but i used to hang with high levels only so mostly they were old. i felt myself pretty young in that company. now im 37 and i was under 30 when i started rs.

skillers were mostly old but pkers were almost always young.

~Cough~ Well I am a young at heart 40's something (I hold the 5th amendment) Rs for me is a Great stress reliever being someone other than yourself in real life, it's a bit of an escape from reality :ohnoes:

edanias.png

Edanias.png

I am legaly an adult (in everthing except the legal drinking age of 19, but I can vote :thumbsup: ).

I started playing when I was 13. I am now 18. I just realised I have been playing this game for every year of my teenage life :shock:

I am 20 years old now, and although I in no way consider myself old, I am an adult. I always heard in the early days of playing that there were adults who played, but I never really believed it! Recently, I have stumbled across some adults, so I actually now believe this statement.

However, I am surprised that when I say my age that I am either laughed at, or asked "arent you a bit old to be on rs?" etc etc.

P.s Are there any clan chats out there that I could join, as I am growing tired of talking to young people all the time inm online!

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

If you look at Chris924's post on this thread, he has an adult clan. He says to click on his signature to see it.

Nice to know I'm not alone out there in getting enjoyment out of playing the game as an adult. I also like what someone said about being able to breifly play the role of a fictional character is kinda relaxing after a hard day at our real lives. :D

Drops/Clue Finds:

If you look at Chris924's post on this thread, he has an adult clan. He says to click on his signature to see it.

Nice to know I'm not alone out there in getting enjoyment out of playing the game as an adult. I also like what someone said about being able to breifly play the role of a fictional character is kinda relaxing after a hard day at our real lives. :D

I don't mean to come off as some psycho clan recruiter, my point being that there are MANY adults that play the game regularly.

On a personal note, I have found a great community that consists of adults that play. It is certainly not the only one out there but I love it and will be a part of it for as long as I play the game. I have met MANY nice people through KoA. It is not run by a tyrannical power hunger 13 year old like some clans ( no offense to tyrannical power hunger 13 year olds :P ) and the requirements to get in are kind of steep (110 p2p combat OR 1600 overall) but the commitment needed to stay is not. It is understood that as an "adult" clan we have many real life obligations to take care of. I am pretty sure the monthly requirement is just attend 1 event and make 5 posts on the forums. The founder is awesome and the admin's are equally as great.

(Okay, so maybe I did come off as a psycho clan recruiter :) )

EDIT: Here is a link to our "Recruitment Thread" here on tip.it:

viewtopic.php?f=173&t=759373&p=6038399&hilit=koa#p6038399

chris_924.png