Darksin68

This is what is wrong with America.

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

An AIG employee gets 4 years for 500M doller fraud, a homeless man gets 15 years for stealing $100, because he was hungry.

Pics

28k35ly.jpg

And discuss.

Darksin68.png

Current Whip Drops: 9 Current D Boots drops: 27

15 years seems extreme. For 100 dollars? I mean I could steal 100 dollars from somebody and I won't know it would be 15 years.

But 4 years for 500 Million? That just seems retarted.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I doubt the guy will get 15 years, unless he was trying to go to jail.

I doubt the guy will get 15 years, unless he was trying to go to jail.

Which is likely.

Just watched this movie for the hell of it. Made me wonder why people live in america now..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko eheheh lol.

But $500,000,000 FRAUD?

How?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Not France

According to Sicko

:XD:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

There's things wrong with EVERY country.

That completely justifies the subject of this article then.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I don't believe this, what site did this come off of? If you just found the pic, it's prob shopped. I extremely doubt he will get 15 years, any crime over 10 years is serious like assault and battery, rape, sexual assault, murder, etc. etc. For this, he will prob get community service. In the courts, if something is reasonable to do, the person will be excused. Is it reasonable for a homeless person to steal to feed themselves? I think you know the answer.

Especially if you only look for what's wrong with it :D

Seriously though, the whole story would help. You can't base an opinion on a country on two news headlines.

1. Distract guards by having homeless man steal $100

2. Pull up in a big white van...

3. ?????

4. PROFIT.

The homeless man is probably glad to be in jail. He's safe, warm, fed, and he doesn't have to worry about dying every day.

TANSTAAFL

The homeless man is probably glad to be in jail. He's safe, warm, fed, and he doesn't have to worry about dying every day.

[/facepalm]

You do the math.

$500,000,000 fraud = 4 years. 1 year for every 125 MILLION dollars.

$100 stolen = 15 years. A year for every $6.67. You make more than that an hour in some states working at minimum wage.

I know that the man who committed the fraud probably didn't end up with 500M in his pocket, but he definitely ended up with more than a hundred bucks.

This isn't what's wrong with America. This is what's wrong with our Judicial system.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Well, 2 out of 4's not terribly bad.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Everything seems fine until you get to the '15 years' part. Surely some hours of community service is proportional to the crime?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Having worked with Homeless people myself, it is quite likely he wanted to go to jail, that's why he voluntarily turned himself in. Jail provides a bed, warmth, a change of clothes, showers, food and all other basic needs / luxuries. The streets provides none of these, all must be worked for which is practically impossible due to no available work and only a handful of helping charities.

Just watched this movie for the hell of it. Made me wonder why people live in america now..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko eheheh lol.

But $500,000,000 FRAUD?

How?

I hate Michael Moore. I don't really disagree with him, but the way he presents things is just as bad as the extremist Christian conservatives that he likes to fight against. I think we should shun him from society.

Assuming all this is true, the sentencing was probably due to the manner in which the two men stole the money, not how much they stole. The homeless man robbed a bank which is likely to be viewed as a bigger crime than the fraud committed by the rich man, regardless of the monetary value that was stolen.

That being said, I still agree with everyone else that it's ridiculous for the homeless man to receive such a long sentence compared to the rich guy. And, I'm certainly no lawyer so I could be completely wrong about the laws concerning these two situations.

Pixeloaded.jpg

This isn't the guy's first crime. He has a really long history of crime. 15 years seems proper.

It doesn't make it right that the guy who stole half a billion only got 4 years, but it's a different outlook as to what that picture exaggerates.

Different judges, different judgement I suppose. I really think that 4 years is a ridiculously short amount of time for a 500m fraud though.

]

Maybe his brother has been sentenced to death inside the prison, and he needs to get inside the prison to break him out with some insanely cunning plan...

Sorry, I just watched 2 seasons of prison break in 2 weeks.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Do you ever SEE topics such as 'This is what's wrong with China\Britain\Germany\Japan\so on'? I never said it justified. It just annoys me that America is seen, everywhere you look, as some horribly corrupt country where there's no good.

Do you ever SEE topics such as 'This is what's wrong with China\Britain\Germany\Japan\so on'? I never said it justified. It just annoys me that America is seen, everywhere you look, as some horribly corrupt country where there's no good.

No, it's just that the majority of OTers are Americans. If there was a thread "This is what's wrong with Germany", there'd be like 2 people participating in it.