This is what is wrong with America.

Darksin68

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Hmm...15 years? There HAS to be something misisng in this picture. Unless the homeless man asked for 15 years for some crazy reason, like he couldn't feed or shelter himself? Dunno.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

India can't handle terrorists for beans, the French are arrogant [kitties], and Somalia has [bleep]ing pirates. And yet every other day members here seem to find some stupid miniscule reason to rat on America, and only America. 9/10 this reason is a bad one, and the 1/10 that isn't terrible there's usually too much bias to figure out the truth.

Do you have any idea how many different kinds of annoying this bandwagon is? I mean... why? What purpose does dissing America every waking moment serve?

I agree. It's just like bashing other football teams while praising your own - ignoring every fault your team makes and blowing up every tiny triumph.

India can't handle terrorists for beans, the French are arrogant [kitties], and Somalia has [bleep]ing pirates. And yet every other day members here seem to find some stupid miniscule reason to rat on America, and only America. 9/10 this reason is a bad one, and the 1/10 that isn't terrible there's usually too much bias to figure out the truth.

Do you have any idea how many different kinds of annoying this bandwagon is? I mean... why? What purpose does dissing America every waking moment serve?

I love Reb.

I'm turribly surprised this thread's still open. It's a one-a-week thing. Some [wagon] picks one news story and says "OMFG AMERICA SUX U GUYS".

I'm pretty sure that this could be judged under "This is what's wrong with a butthole and another butthole, and the people who might send them to jail for different periods of time although both have committed vastly different crimes."

Oh, wait, I forgot that every single American serves on juries, spits on the homeless (whom can't be American), imperialises the world, and shoots foreigners for fun.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Having worked with Homeless people myself, it is quite likely he wanted to go to jail, that's why he voluntarily turned himself in. Jail provides a bed, warmth, a change of clothes, showers, food and all other basic needs / luxuries. The streets provides none of these, all must be worked for which is practically impossible due to no available work and only a handful of helping charities.

He's not going to jail though, he is going to prison. Jail is for short amounts of time, everyone in there basically keeps to them selves and gets out early for good behaviour. Prison is different, the people are in there so long (some for life) that they don't have any reason not to screw around with the new guys. They don't call it PMITA prison for nothing.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Haha, apparently American infrastructure got graded a D.

Anyway. Otherwise, America really is not much different from any other first world western country. It's by no means perfect, but it definitely does not suck.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Having worked with Homeless people myself, it is quite likely he wanted to go to jail, that's why he voluntarily turned himself in. Jail provides a bed, warmth, a change of clothes, showers, food and all other basic needs / luxuries. The streets provides none of these, all must be worked for which is practically impossible due to no available work and only a handful of helping charities.

He's not going to jail though, he is going to prison. Jail is for short amounts of time, everyone in there basically keeps to them selves and gets out early for good behaviour. Prison is different, the people are in there so long (some for life) that they don't have any reason not to screw around with the new guys. They don't call it PMITA prison for nothing.

Don't know about American prison system, in Ireland Jail = Prison, 2 different words with the same definition. Either way, both provide shelter, food and water, the 3 needs to get by in life. There's also the luxuries etc of showers / change of clothes etc.

You mightn't think it, but he'll probably get less abuse in prison than he would outside it, and at least in prison people will talk to him. When's the last time you stopped and talked to a homeless person for more than 5 minutes? Having a slept rough for charity for 3 consecutive nights I can tell you being homeless isn't nice at all, prison is quite an attraction.

This is just sick; not the 15 years thing because it's probably some exaggerated story, but the executive, already being richer than he can ever think of, wants even more money? Might as well shoot this scum down.

The French aggorant little [kitty]s? Really Reb, don't be so ignorant yourself. The only reason why America gets the hate is because they're the loudest.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[homeless folk]

Yeah, depends on the prison he may be going to, really. For stealing? Naw, he won't get too much [cabbage] anywhere. But there are some prisons notorious for being rough period.

Nick, well, maybe other people should pay less attention to us. It's true, we're the loudest, but everyone else stays quiet. It's hard not to be the center of attention - often angry - when you're about the last superpower, at least when Europe doesn't call itself one supernation.

[homeless folk]

Yeah, depends on the prison he may be going to, really. For stealing? Naw, he won't get too much [cabbage] anywhere. But there are some prisons notorious for being rough period.

Nick, well, maybe other people should pay less attention to us. It's true, we're the loudest, but everyone else stays quiet. It's hard not to be the center of attention - often angry - when you're about the last superpower, at least when Europe doesn't call itself one supernation.

Maybe we should be silent? See, its pointless to argue. Still, I have yet to see a "This is why ... is [bleep]ed up" yet other than America. Maybe you can make one?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You really don't know the whole story in a situation like this. Maybe the AIG executive returned all the money, and maybe the homeless man was already wanted on a rape charge. I am just speculation, but with very basic imformation such as that, it is unfair to make assumptions.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

^Agreed.

The French aggorant little [kitty]? Really Reb, don't be so ignorant yourself. .

Haha. Hahaha. Funny man we have here.

The only reason why America gets the hate is because they're the loudest.

You know why America gets all the hate? Because everyone else is sitting in a frikkin' armchair, watching America do all the dirty work while making sure to point out every little mistake (or lack there of) along the way.

Iz not cool >_>.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

^Agreed.

The French aggorant little [kitty]? Really Reb, don't be so ignorant yourself. .

You know why America gets all the hate? Because everyone else is sitting in a frikkin' armchair, watching America do all the dirty work while making sure to point out every little mistake (or lack there of) along the way.

Iz not cool >_>.

Agreed completely. America has done far more good then bad in the world.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

^Agreed.

Iz not cool >_>.

Then step down from the super power rank? There's several ways to fix it. :P. Seriously, make a "The Non-Americanized world sucks" thread.

siggy3s.jpg

But the whole world's Americanized, to some extent. By which I mean influenced by us, of course ... Really thought. For one example, McDonald's. Another one: The modern automobile. Another: Flight. Another: Cheap pizza.

Mmmm Domino's and Pizza Hut.

But the whole world's Americanized, to some extent. By which I mean influenced by us, of course ... Really thought. For one example, McDonald's. Another one: The modern automobile. Another: Flight. Another: Cheap pizza.

The modern automobile is now Japanese :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ha, definitaley.

I dunno, you could still make fun of some country even if its Americanized. Try out Argentina, its filled with problems. :lol:

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah, with GM's "recent" poor performance, Toyota is now the biggest car company.

What ever happened to Ford?

P.S. Nice Crimson King* avatar, Quoi. I got an album for Christmas.

Ford's never really been top dog. They just chug along.

*King Crimson

Which album did you get? In the Court of the Crimson King?

Yeah. Sorry, I listen to them a bit but I'm one of those people who isn't very good with the names.

But yes, I got the 'In the Court of the Crimson King.' It's where I recognized your avatar from; it's the album cover.

It's kind of odd, really. It's pretty mellow most of the time, but 21st century Schizoid man is pretty weird.

Calvin.jpg

Sorry but as far as I'm aware, that's the problem of the world. America just happens to be right up there. Please tell me you didn't just discover that this kind of stuff is happening in the world? That's why generation Y is an entrepreneur generation. Generation Y don't want to work for the rest of their lives, to retire at 65 years of age (45% continue to work and not because they choose to, 25% have already passed on from working themselves to death, 24% are relying on the government and do you really think they're going to help you? 5% have enough to live comfortably without government support and only 1% are financially free). Generation Y agree that working for "the man" is the real pyramid scheme. We're starting to learn that we can work for ourselves, we can be financially free and we can help others in the process.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I know something wrong with Australia... and it's all to do with how harsh our traffic-offences are...

Was at court with a mate (his licence suspended, etc... simple stuff) anyhow, the guy before him:

- Had a restricted licence

- Was driving under the influence of alchol

- And was Involved in a hit-and-run

His punishment for driving on a day not permitted by his licence, drunk and the hit-and-run:

- 6 months suspended sentence

- Unable to ontain a licence for 2 years

And a number of years ago now some guy hit and killed an elderly lady (t-boned her car) while he was speeding and drunk... 2 years & loss of licence.

Then not to mention the countless reports of people just losing their licence and then DRIVING HOME FROM COURT #-o

Just .... ffs put people in jail more often.

^^ Brent got a fine, almost 12 months after his accident. And that's after they contacted him saying the investigation was closed and no penalties would be issued. Obviously, we're going to court to fight it.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Might be trying to get into jail, leats you get food I suppose.

Meh in NZ thoughalmost nothing would have happened, and even if he got sent to prison, he'd have 3+ meals a day and tv access....

Hah we suck.

Doomy edit: I like sheep