Thoughts of a runescape veteran, level 136. (30% done)

ford_landau

Now assuming 10% (we all know more than 10% of players are members) of the people are members, they are getting about half a million a month per person, + the revenue from f2p ad's and you get around half a million per person (not including server costs).

I'm sure people at jagex don't get paid half a million a month, jagex can DEFINATELY hire more people.

Lol?

Actually, there's just over a million members, about .9%. FTP ads don't even cover server costs. That's 5 million USD per year, minus credit card fees, so significantly less.

Here's a few interesting charts and graphs to further prove you wrong:

JagexFinancialOverview.gif

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

JagexStaff.jpg

Interesting, 140 CR people. My 130 was off, but only slightly.

Don't make stupid statements without the facts to back them up. These graphs\charts are from Jagex financial statements, your information comes from "wellk 10% of jegx incomes are from members plus teh ftp adz!"

Anything else you'd like to add?

That still dosent stop the fact that they can afford to hire more workers, I'm sure half of them are being paid minimal wage anyway.

O.O

That still dosent stop the fact that they can afford to hire more workers, I'm sure half of them are being paid minimal wage anyway.

Congratz, you continue to make stupid statements without even looking at the numbers. The average Jagex wage is roughly 12.5 pounds, or 18 USD - roughly double minimum wage in Europe. Jagex also happens to be one of the best places to work, and is often included on 'top 100' lists.

Take a look at the CR vs. technical divisions, in both size and growth. CR is half their company, and it's still NOTHING. Let's say it takes, including abuse reports, 2 minutes to review, read, and respond to a reasonably simple question or ban. Now let's say that each player submits 1 question or abuse report per month (NOTHING). That's a grand total of 1,560,000,000 submissions per year. At 2 minutes per submission, that's 52 million man hours. 2000 man hours in a year = 26,000 people, FULL TIME, to answer questions. Given that their current employee total excluding PR is 122, don't you think spending .4% of your money on development, maintenance and management and 99.6% on CR is stupid? And most people send in far more then 1 per month, I send in 50+ abuse reports per month myself (and would be sending in plenty of detailed questions).

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

nice man i feel you... i have 3 black marks and 11 offenses... also gerr6 banned for 1year

since 2000!!!! All for saying I HATE JAGEX in rsc... WOW my rs acc just got hacked Jenove. now i has nothing

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

i am flaberghasted at the amount of work compfreak has gone through just to prove a point. i give kudos to that.

however, that statement is 2007 and i believe that in a year, you can hire a few more people. so i'd give about a 10-20 more/less people in the graphs.

it's not wrong, just a little old. almost 2 years.

now i'd like to agree with the author, stating that cr is a little bit of a low. now as compfreak has shown, a signifigant amount of the staff is dedicated to some pr. well i'd like too say that it's not enough. yes, since you made it clear that you send a large amount of abuse reports or other things of that nature, it would be very hard for jagex to listen to each individual player.

now here's where i come to a little issue- what about a f2p player that's been around for (oh lets say since 02) and he never became a member. gets an occurence with a black mark and makes a big stink.

now there's a player who's been on the game since 04 and immediately got membership. he has seen his share of updates/ups and downs of rs and he makes a big stink about getting black marks.

who gets priority? is it the one who has contributed more? if so how can one tell how much the f2p player has contributed? we have a complicated problem here.

now i'd like to say that of those millions of accounts, how many are a) still used, B) just a secondary account c) quit/retired/death/boredom/people who only played the game for 10 minutes? once again it's be pretty hard to tell but by those few reasons for accounts, the numbers would be signifigantly lower i'd like to say.

now i'm not saying all of this is true. i'm simply stating that if compfreak is to lay out the information part it should be newer and i'd like a source (i'm not doubting you, i just want to see for myself)

i have no points i'd like to defend or elaborate on, it's just that i'd like this thread to be as thorough as can be.

there's my two cents. =)

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

All works aside from the 130 million accounts have been taken from Jagex financial records (Contact "me" for further information). 130 million accounts was taken from an ad run several months ago by Jagex, specifically a button reading "Runescape - Over 130 million accounts created!"

They can still hire more workers...

And, they should hire more workers, customer support is a large part of any business.

Your just making yourself look dumber. Take a look at my numbers again. Customer Support: 140. Everything else combined: 122. Jagex is already over half customer support, dedicated to the SOLE purpose of banning accounts caught breaking the rules. I just proved that to even get a TINY fraction of the responses covered would be astronomically expensive - we're talking about 575,000,000 pounds per year to cover infrequent requests, which just so happens to be 57 times their profit. Anyone else see the math fail here? =D>

Honestly, do you have any clue what you are talking about, or are you just pulling random numbers like '10% of their accounts are members' out of your behind? I'd like to see some sources on your great facts and solutions.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Compfreak, I dunno what Tip.it would be without you.

Compfreak is right. Jagex already has a relatively huge number of people purely dedicated to CS. Not to mention, some people have more than one role. So I think that's even less CSers. Therefore, it gets very hard, even up to the point of impossibility, to be perfect.

Compfreak is immense.

Without taking PKING and free trade out, runescape would be long gone by now.

BE GLAD RUNESCAPE IS STILL ALIVE!

Runescape is like that 97 year old guy in the hospital. In 2 years his age level will be maxed out and will have no reason to go on.