Mass banning for penguins?

halo475

Me and my sister have both been banned from runescape because of a penguin glitch we didn't do. We both got our penguin points normally and the glitch was fixed anyway when we got to the ardougne penguin.

It also says in the offence that it will be reveiwed on the 2nd of feb, Do you think they just banned everyone who did penguins and will un-ban people who are innocent slowly? Or have they just made a huge mistake?

Are you banned?

I would also like to know if you completed the penguins and didn't get banned.

EDIT: I am now un-banned up yours flamers who thought i was lying.

Arzian.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i must admit i did click on it 5 times before i knew about the glitch just out of interest because there were so many people around. All the times i clicked it simply said "You have already spotted this penguin".

Arzian.png

I think they banned people who clicked on penguins multiple times.

I only clicked on this weeks ones once each so I didn't get banned.

Yeah but that is also a sticky situation there, i mean how many times have you clicked on a penguin you already spotted? i mean they move like a hundred squares. I remember i clicked one penguin up by the east of Varrock and it turned out to be the penguin i click by the cart north of Al kahrid like half an hour earlier.

cool_sig1.jpg

I did penguins, I am not banned "yet" I did not bug abuse (and if I did, it was on accident, I never even knew about the bug).

Best of luck to you getting unbanned I know what its like to start over, twice.

I'm not starting over again only just got 138cb and 2000 total too much effort to start again.

Arzian.png

Yeah i must admit i did click on it 5 times before i knew about the glitch just out of interest because there were so many people around. All the times i clicked it simply said "You have already spotted this penguin".

So you admit that the very first line of your original post is a lie...

Me and my sister have both been banned from runescape because of a penguin glitch we didn't do. We both got our penguin points normally and the glitch was fixed anyway when we got to the ardougne penguin.

How do you expect us to help you when you lie to us?

I clicked on them say only 5 times before i even knew it was a bug just because there were so many people milling around. It didn't work anyway and i only ended up with 13 points anyway because i couldn't find the feldip hills penguin. It was only curiosity that lead me to click it a measly 5 times and it seems evident to me now that a little bit of curiosity has lead to possibly 1000's of bannings of people who only got 15 or less penguin points.

Arzian.png

I clicked on them say only 5 times before i even knew it was a bug just because there were so many people milling around. It didn't work anyway and i only ended up with 13 points anyway because i couldn't find the feldip hills penguin. It was only curiosity that lead me to click it a measly 5 times and it seems evident to me now that a little bit of curiosity has lead to possibly 1000's of bannings of people who only got 15 or less penguin points.

That's the basic gist of it, yes.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

this is from rsof

"As this system update was yesterday, it is no longer needed as an announcement sticky.

*Picks away at the glue*

In regards to your concerns, please rest assured that we are carefully investigating the accounts that purposefully abused the bug. Don't fret if you absent mindedly clicked on a penguin a couple of extra times, we have systems in place that are able to identify such actions and pick out the more click-happy players. ;)

It's great to see that you all care about this issue so strongly and recognise the effect that abusing a bug can have on the game. It's brilliant to see the community pull together like this. :)"

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15 ... 28,goto,36

rhupajiva.png

This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

Yeah i think that's the case and i think it is the wrong way to go about it, what harm can they do in the meantime? Yes they might get 99 rc and slayer but they will only be banned sooner or later. The only reason they might have chosen to do it this way is because of the gp reward and being able to rwt to someone before being banned.

Arzian.png

This is ridiculous I didn't do the glitch yet I'm banned. They are idiots & need to learn not to ban everyone. This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

You can lie all day, but when you too stupid not to post a video of you abusing it on youtube, then all I got to say is "Don't let the door hit you in the [wagon] on the way out."

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think the main thing is that I don't think you've said yet:

Is it appeal-able and if so, have you sent in your appeal yet?

You can lie all day, but when you too stupid not to post a video of you abusing it on youtube, then all I got to say is "Don't let the door hit you in the [wagon] on the way out.

If you actually WATCHED the video, you'd see that every time he clicked on the penguin it said, "You have already spotted this penguin spy." I don't think he was bug abusing then, in that case. Moreso recording the chaos, which he even states he was doing just that in the video description. Perhaps you saw a different video than everyone else...

hzvjpwS.gif