Mass banning for penguins?

halo475

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at rsof too people are furious. Innocent people are definitely being banned including me why don't you ignorant hearltess people realize this?

Probably because you lied. Your first post stated that by the time you'd arrived the bug was fixed, yet in your next post you said you clicked it 5 times. You lied once, who's to say 5 times wasn't also a lie? I'm sure every person guilty of abusing the bug is still going to [bleep] about getting banned and claim they did nothing wrong too, so rsof aren't really something i'd go by.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Look at rsof too people are furious. Innocent people are definitely being banned including me why don't you ignorant hearltess people realize this?

Because it's a game.

And because they'll probably unban the ones they see as innocent. To be honest it's the best approach to ban as many as possible THEN deal with who is innocent or not.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Me and my sister have both been banned from runescape because of a penguin glitch we didn't do. We both got our penguin points normally and the glitch was fixed anyway when we got to the ardougne penguin.

It also says in the offence that it will be reveiwed on the 2nd of feb, Do you think they just banned everyone who did penguins and will un-ban people who are innocent slowly? Or have they just made a huge mistake?

Are you banned?

I would also like to know if you completed the penguins and didn't get banned.

I feel your pain Halo.. I did penguins Wednesday world 60 of course. As soon as I got into the Cc the glitch was talked about non stop. I do know of course that bug abuse gets you banned faster than anything on Rs.. So naturally I didn't do it. I got all 10 penguins got 15 points and 30k slayer exp. I saw the huge crowd south of the legends guild chasing the penguin and I saw people spying on it like 50 times.

I was curious so I clicked it again after i spied and I COULDN'T spy again. I in no way used a bug to my advantage yet as i type this out my account is banned with 10+ blackmarks. The evidence is the same: temp banned will be reviewed Feb 2nd.

Level 130 1976 total gf Jagex.. =D>

Yeah i must admit i did click on it 5 times before i knew about the glitch just out of interest because there were so many people around. All the times i clicked it simply said "You have already spotted this penguin".

This is what I did.

I'm banned currently, hoping to get it lifted.

Don't think I should have gotten the penguins....

This is ridiculous I didn't do the glitch yet I'm banned. They are idiots & need to learn not to ban everyone. This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

I saw your vid dude. -.-

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

This is ridiculous I didn't do the glitch yet I'm banned. They are idiots & need to learn not to ban everyone. This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

I saw your vid dude. -.-

You mean the one where he was really just recording the confusion, and when he clicked on the penguin, he didn't get any points for it?

Yeah, I saw that vid too. What's the "ugh" face for then?

People need to stop making this into a witch hunt of liars.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah i must admit i did click on it 5 times before i knew about the glitch just out of interest because there were so many people around. All the times i clicked it simply said "You have already spotted this penguin".

So you admit that the very first line of your original post is a lie...

Me and my sister have both been banned from runescape because of a penguin glitch we didn't do. We both got our penguin points normally and the glitch was fixed anyway when we got to the ardougne penguin.

How do you expect us to help you when you lie to us?

Clicking a penguin multiple times isn't necessarily trying to abuse a glitch. I know up to now, every time I've gone penguin hunting, I rapid click it like fifteen times to make sure I caught it. Just an odd habit I suppose. I'm just glad I didn't decide to go penguin hunting, and unintentionally get 15 extra points without realizing it, and get banned for it...

RSOF Quick find code: 15-16-495-58313867

Mod Jon H

Jagex Mod

30-Jan-2009 23:50:35

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, there was a recent bug whereby some players were able, unfairly, to gain unusually-large rewards from penguin spotting.

We have taken action against a number of players who gained more rewards than normal as a result of this bug.

All offences committed, and actions taken by Jagex as a result, are private matters between Jagex and the account holder. They are not suitable for discussion in a publicly-visible forum, either by the player concerned or by another player posting on their behalf. The correct course of action for the affected player to take is to use the Appeal Bans & Mutes system from the Help menu.

We are not going to 'name and shame' players, nor will we disclose what action has been taken against any specific account.

However, we would like to clarify several points:

1) Offences were all applied manually. This was not an automated mass-ban.

We don't release details about exactly how we catch people cheating, as these could help would-be cheaters avoid detection. However, we can say that every single player who has had action taken against them as a result of this incident was dealt with manually.

2) No-one has had action taken against them just because they happened to be in the area while other players were exploiting the bug.

We do not punish players just for being present while bug abuse is taking place.

3) All players affected by this have received an inbox message to explain what has happened.

If you are one of these players and you have not yet checked your inbox on the account in question, please do so.

4) Offences will be reviewed manually.

We will manually review every single account against which we have taken action today.

5) All offences should be considered temporary until the review has taken place.

Following the review, it is possible that some players may be permanently banned for this. It is likely that some of the players currently banned may be allowed back into the game with no further action.

Finally, we would just like to remind you once again that discussing this issue on the forums is not permitted because it concerns private account details. Threads about this issue may be locked with no warning.

Many thanks,

Mod Jon H

Jagex Community Management

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

RSOF Quick find code: 15-16-495-58313867

Mod Jon H

Jagex Mod

Finally, we would just like to remind you once again that discussing this issue on the forums is not permitted because it concerns private account details. Threads about this issue may be locked with no warning.

Many thanks,

Mod Jon H

Jagex Community Management

I am not sure. But I think this means, you have to lock this topic.

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

I saw your vid dude. -.-

You mean the one where he was really just recording the confusion, and when he clicked on the penguin, he didn't get any points for it?

Thank you. As they pointed out, the glitch was not commited on my account.

In other news, I just got unbanned 5 minutes ago.

I saw your vid dude. -.-

Thank you. As they pointed out, the glitch was not commited on my account.

In other news, I just got unbanned 5 minutes ago.

REALLY? WHAT DID YOU APPEAL? im banned atm.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

I did penguins on the day of the glitch and nothing at all happened to me. Perhaps it's because I waited until after they resolved it to cash in my points.

Still, if Jagex banned you for something you didn't do, that's absurd.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Because it's a game.

And because they'll probably unban the ones they see as innocent. To be honest it's the best approach to ban as many as possible THEN deal with who is innocent or not.

Wow yeah, let's do that always shall we: first hit somebody and then ask questions and look if it was right!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I did penguins on the day of the glitch and nothing at all happened to me. Perhaps it's because I waited until after they resolved it to cash in my points.

Still, if Jagex banned you for something you didn't do, that's absurd.

I did my penguins day of glitch aswell, before it all happened, i just cashed in as normal, nothing happened to me either i didn't do more than 10 penguins though, i did 10 like i do every other week so thats maybe why lol not only is this bug unfair to other players it's also cruelty to penguins

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Because it's a game.

Wow yeah, let's do that always shall we: first hit somebody and then ask questions and look if it was right!

Especially for paying customers.

Because it's a game.

Obviously they've just banned everyone who clicked the penguin even twice, and then unbanning based on how many times they actually did click it (maybe under 20?), makes sense to me.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength