Mass banning for penguins?

halo475

Obviously they've just banned everyone who clicked the penguin even twice, and then unbanning based on how many times they actually did click it (maybe under 20?), makes sense to me.

Obviously not as I clicked it over 100 times trying to see if it would work (no I wasn't gonna abuse it, I have all the 99s I want anyways) and I'm unbanned.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously they've just banned everyone who clicked the penguin even twice, and then unbanning based on how many times they actually did click it (maybe under 20?), makes sense to me.

Obviously not as I clicked it over 100 times trying to see if it would work (no I wasn't gonna abuse it, I have all the 99s I want anyways) and I'm unbanned.

Uhh... What? What you said only backs up what I said o_O You clicked it more than once, and were banned, but because it didn't work they unbanned you. By under 20 (just a guess, obviously) I was referring to clicks that actually worked.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

This is absolutely ridiculous. I clicked a penguin a couple times on my pure when i saw it in varrock, it was the first time i ever clicked a penguin, i didn't even know what they were so i clicked it. I got a perm ban, and its still says appeal pending or whatever. I mean I didn't even cash in the points!

Jagex needs to get their [cabbage] in order!

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

This is absolutely ridiculous. I clicked a penguin a couple times on my pure when i saw it in varrock, it was the first time i ever clicked a penguin, i didn't even know what they were so i clicked it. I got a perm ban, and its still says appeal pending or whatever. I mean I didn't even cash in the points!

Jagex needs to get their [cabbage] in order!

Sorry, but ignorance is no excuse for bug abuse. Also, it's not relevant if you weren't even going to cash in the points. Though clicking only a few times will probably get you unbanned after a while.

Sorry, but ignorance is no excuse for bug abuse. Also, it's not relevant if you weren't even going to cash in the points. Though clicking only a few times will probably get you unbanned after a while.

I'm sorry, what? He said it was his first ever penguin, and it doesn't say he ever used the bug, knew there was a bug at the time, or even clicked more than once on the penguin. Nor did it say or imply he went and looked for any more penguins. I don't see how he was bug abusing.

I was also banned from the bug. I was in the world penguin hunting and saw everyone was running around re-spying the penguins. I didn't know how it was done, and tried re-clicking some of them. Got bored in a few minutes, and left. Now permanently banned and waiting to hopefully be unbanned.

Qucke.gif

evilone, I think it was w31, at least that's where a lot of mods went to (all words? TOO many mods needed), besides, think I'm gonna cash in my points every time I get them, no more accumulating just in case :/

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

This is ridiculous I didn't do the glitch yet I'm banned. They are idiots & need to learn not to ban everyone. This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

umm i seen your video 9 0 percent well i think i did? lol didnt u make this video?

You're probably the 3rd person to make this claim, don't feel bad. But actually watch the video, and see if he gets ANY points from clicking the penguin. He doesn't. So you're wrong.

hzvjpwS.gif

This is ridiculous I didn't do the glitch yet I'm banned. They are idiots & need to learn not to ban everyone. This is a situation of guilty until proven innocent..

umm i seen your video 9 0 percent well i think i did? lol didnt u make this video?

You're probably the 3rd person to make this claim, don't feel bad. But actually watch the video, and see if he gets ANY points from clicking the penguin. He doesn't. So you're wrong.

how would I know I dont even penguin spy. BTW: take a chill pill I hope those abusers get caught riding dirty [inside joke from video]

Defense_Gal.png

defense_gal.png

*Zezima goes and finds penguins*

*Accidently spys one twice*

*Reports bug to Jagex*

*15 minutes later gets banned*

His Thoughts: ...oh...oh HELL no...

That would unbelievably suck to the max.

OT: Hope you get your account back man! Mass bans always suck. :(

Big_Stingman.png

*Zezima goes and finds penguins*

*Accidently spys one twice*

*Reports bug to Jagex*

*15 minutes later gets banned*

His Thoughts: ...oh...oh HELL no...

That would unbelievably suck to the max.

OT: Hope you get your account back man! Mass bans always suck. :(

too bad zezima is not number 1 anymore so many people wouldn't even notice use a gertjaars example cause he is the new number 1 zezima will just keep slippin tell he falls off the front pages of the hiscores and he needs to get 99 summoning btw.

Defense_Gal.png

defense_gal.png

Thankfully I was aware of the bug once I got into the w60 cc, so I was extra cautious not to click more than once on each penguin.

To all who got unbanned:

Did you get no extra penguin points at all, or did you get maybe 1-2 extra points due to accident? It'd suck if one misclick could get you perm banned.

i think its a bit harsh that they banned them, i wonder if they could just take the levels away?

Um, no. They should be banned. Zero tolerance policy, stop encouraging people to cheat.

i still think a ban is still over doing it maybe a mute or something but no a ban unless its just like for a day or 2.

it could be a accident

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Alright, this is just [bleep]ing ridiculous. I've gotten a temporary ban that's apparently for bug abuse. Last time I even logged on was a month and a half ago. I went penguin-hunting then, but I'm fairly sure the glitch wasn't there then.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

Alright, this is just [bleep]ing ridiculous. I've gotten a temporary ban that's apparently for bug abuse. Last time I even logged on was a month and a half ago. I went penguin-hunting then, but I'm fairly sure the glitch wasn't there then.

:lol: Ok now THAT officially sucks. Gl wit da unban

Big_Stingman.png

i think its a bit harsh that they banned them, i wonder if they could just take the levels away?

Um, no. They should be banned. Zero tolerance policy, stop encouraging people to cheat.

Uhm what good does that do?

penalties are in the first place something to TEACH someone! - Not to put revenge or something, so a level removement (maybe doubled) would be enough..

Ow and fyi: I didn't click on any pinguin AT ALL (last 1 I did is from several weeks ago), but I guess they counted me "mass clicking" a tree (I was testing if you could cut faster if you kept clicking a willow the whole time - so I did that during those times for several hours).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

^ First of all, I know everything you just said. The reason I used Zezima is because he was, and will always be known as the being the number Runescaper for years. He is the most famous player in Runescape, and will forever stay that way.

T K S was #1 for a long time way before zezima ever was

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

let me get this right, if i spied on the same penguin 1000 times and used it on my 99 str which is about 2400 exp i'd get 2.4m exp in the time it takes me to click the penguin or even get 6.5m gp for 1000 points,?

]ac_s_dc.png