Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

At the same level of strength, slashing weapons are still more effective. What is better with huge strength, a powerful blunt blow, or a slash that nearly cuts the enemy in two?

l

Breake some ribs and make those perforate the internal organs? :?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same level of strength, slashing weapons are still more effective. What is better with huge strength, a powerful blunt blow, or a slash that nearly cuts the enemy in two?

l

Breake some ribs and make those perforate the internal organs? :?

Are you 100% sure that the blow will break the ribs, and those will perforate enough vital organs?

Allright, let's stop this, I am getting very nitpicky :oops:

Game_Proffy.png

you all are getting off topic. What i want to change is the fact that slashing weps tear through BOTH mage armor and ranged armor. However, crushing weps arent even really effective enough on plate armor to be used. Dont get me started on the crappy stab weps that are "effective" on chain armor(which no one uses anyway since crush is too weak for people to think about defending against it). BTW if crush was to be upgraded, chain should also be upgraded to be as good as plate to stop crush from overpowering.

It doesnt really matter so much about whether something is reality or not in RS. Its more important that the weps are treated equally. SO STOP saying that a slash in real life does more dmg than a crush/stab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F2P here so most of this discussion I don't really have to worry about, but I did find this quote =D

Like the gladius, the pugio was a stabbing weapon, the type preferred by the Romans. Of them Vegetius says[2]:

A stroke with the edges, though made with ever so much force, seldom kills, .... On the contrary, a stab, though it penetrates but two inches, is generally fatal. ... the body is covered while a thrust is given, and the adversary receives the point before he sees the sword. This was the method of fighting principally used by the Romans ....

Edit: But then again these were Romans, who carried darts, dagger, sword, multiple spears....

Crush weapons should be overwhelmingly better on plates than stab/slash weapons. Not have a extremely small advantage that is offset completely by the fact that almost all crush weapons are slow and weak.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Attack bonuses?? Defenders are pretty good man. Maybe you just dont like them cuz you cant get em =P.

Actully i have 10, but i prefer a Dragon Sq for more defence. ::'

I was actually trying to talk to TheDayRSDied. Lol, I also have many, I think 18 or 19, all from spare tokens ::' .

Thanks for the support guys :thumbsup:

I think i also read such an article, about something like a slashing wep is slower than a stabbing wep, though more powerful, when striking, it leaves your right (or left, depending on whether u are right or left handed) side undefended, allowing opponents with a faster stabbing weapon to get a free shot at you.

You can't bump your posts unless they are on the 2nd page, don't bump them when they are the 5th thread down -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

thats not flaming him. its just asking him to stop it. anyway, im a new forum member so i dont know the rules. but i have been playing runescape for like 3-4 years so dont call me a noob.

P.S. its not totally up to jagex. if players dont support actively, jagex might not update something. also, they might not be aware of it and this is what threads are for. all threads are for the same reason, to make jagex aware of something the player doesnt like/wants changed. no matter how good your thread is, jagex is still the final controls and if they dont want it changed, too bad for you.

They can't just update it. Everyone will use the best weapon. Make warhammer the best against most armor, and no one will touch whip or any other waepon again.

thats not flaming him. its just asking him to stop it.

Stop what? #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

But the Barrelchest Anchor is pretty good, isn't it? The Special Attack even rips their stats apart.

Ew. Terrible regular weapon, special is horridly inaccurate and very rarely works. DD++ is years ahead of it, to say nothing of d claws.

DeviledEgg24.png

But the Barrelchest Anchor is pretty good, isn't it? The Special Attack even rips their stats apart.

Ew. Terrible regular weapon, special is horridly inaccurate and very rarely works. DD++ is years ahead of it, to say nothing of d claws.

Exactly. many crushing weps are too slow and inaccurate.

They can't just update it. Everyone will use the best weapon. Make warhammer the best against most armor, and no one will touch whip or any other waepon again.
im not ranting about making crush/stab weps the best weps, im ranting about making them as fair as possible.

im not ranting about making crush/stab weps the best weps, im ranting about making them as fair as possible.

So what if they are 'fair'? They will never be used if they are worse then a cheaper weapon.

DeviledEgg24.png

So what if they are 'fair'? They will never be used if they are worse then a cheaper weapon.

Fair is where a rune warhammer is exactly equal to a whip.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

If crush and stab is weak, don't use them. The weapon attacks seem fine to me, and I know stab really fails, but it comes from a shortsword, which is cheaper than a longsword (slash). Cheaper stuff = less effective. Crush attacks are rarely used. B-axe usually used for slash, but that's because the crush is a secondary attack for the B-axe, so it's less effective. So just don't use crush and stab and it won't affect anything. And you can also wear chainbodies without being stabbed to death by someone else since stab weapons are so unpopular ::'

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If crush and stab is weak, don't use them. The weapon attacks seem fine to me, and I know stab really fails, but it comes from a shortsword, which is cheaper than a longsword (slash). Cheaper stuff = less effective. Crush attacks are rarely used. B-axe usually used for slash, but that's because the crush is a secondary attack for the B-axe, so it's less effective. So just don't use crush and stab and it won't affect anything. And you can also wear chainbodies without being stabbed to death by someone else since stab weapons are so unpopular ::'

this thread is about making the weps as fair as possible as in lower cost=weaker, higher cost=better,etc. but right now, a rune warhammer that costs 10k more than a scimitar is totally worthless. SO STOP TELLING ME NOT TO USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Avoiding the problem will not solve it.

seriously, compfreak, what kind of crap is that?! fair means cheap is weaker and expensive is more powerful. you better get a dictionary of runescape or a brain transplant.

Fair is where a rune warhammer is exactly equal to a whip.

if you dont want to give sensible comments/criticism, get the hell out.

I think a weapon as fast as a whip, and as strong as a whip, but can train strength is needed.

How bout a weapon as fast and strong as a whip, but incapable of training defense. It also hits crush instead of slash.

You mean this Weapon? 2528_obj_big.gif?id=11730

Does all of the above with a Magic based Melee Special that hits twice whilst dealing good damage on metal-armored enemies such as a someone in Rune.

Could also be this weapon:

2528objbigvb1.gif

Only difference is that instead of a special attack, it stabs too.

Zamorakian Spear wins as a great weapon. :thumbsup:

+1 i love the SS its amazing str exp better than dscim + rune def in terms of exp gain

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)