02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

I am reserving judgment until we actually see the changes to randoms. Sounds like all the ones I really hate might still be around.

Rewards be damned; just leave me be. :twisted:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind lack of pizzaz. I just want good, competent content that I will like the first time and then maybe use again from time to time. Not Keldagrim.

A lot of their stuff is way to overly extravagant. Yeah it's nice to look at and play, but then sooo much of it goes wrong.

I would like them to go back to the old KISS format at Jagex. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

This month looks quite good - just some things everybody wants.

I'm worried about the slayer update. The minigame itself sounds fun, but if it gives slayer xp, a lot of people will be pissed. Including me. Or, if it must give xp, give it a small amount. Slayer should stay a respectable skill.

But if you got experience with Jagex - Slayer will be nerfed, I fear.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Yeah, know what would be nice? How about good content that distracts and diverts me from my thoughts about how boring and childlike your game has become?

Why is Jagex making so many distractions and diversions are they distracting us from bad updates. :P

More likely they're trying to keep up with WoW's daily quest, as it gives them a competitive advantage.

Have no fear though, your attempts at cute sarcasm were duly noted.

hzvjpwS.gif

The new minigame will be waves of monsters like castlewars i think, you just have to kill the slayer monsters to harbour their souls but yeah as poster above said some [wagon] will be kicked if they nerf slayer/and or summon

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Personally Slayer aggravates the hell out of me, and while I don't have some super high slayer level, 78, I still find it pretty respectable level for a skill I don't train much. I don't need them changing things to make it super easy after I spent all the time doing tasks. You know tasks right Jagex? The original point of how you train the skill?

YES! Random changes and fewer people standing around every bank and the G.E. saying "pc pc pc pc pc pc..." (there will still be some people, since they don't bother to ready the damn newsposts) makes this sound like an awesome month. The quest list reordering sounds interesting, though not particularly useful to me. It'll be fun when I want to see what quests I could do - if I could be bothered to pay $6 a month.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Actually liking the sound of most of these updates, somewhat small changes which will still have a positive effect on gameplay, and another minigame is nice, especially a Slayer based one <3: Though, as others have said, hopefully the slayer xp reward won't be too high, or no one will ever take a task again :P

Can't argue with another minigame, I guess, even though it's yet ANOTHER PvP minigame

Get ready to grab your blade, staff or bow and battle through Slayer creatures, collecting fragments of their souls to feed to the ever-hungry obelisk.

Doesn't really sound like it's pvp-based, guess we'll have to see though.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I'm worried about the slayer update. The minigame itself sounds fun, but if it gives slayer xp, a lot of people will be pissed. Including me. Or, if it must give xp, give it a small amount. Slayer should stay a respectable skill.

This is what i am fearing the most too. :shame:

This is what i am fearing the most too. :shame:

Same i'm already poking around RSOF for Jagex mods.

Actually liking the sound of most of these updates, somewhat small changes which will still have a positive effect on gameplay, and another minigame is nice, especially a Slayer based one <3: Though, as others have said, hopefully the slayer xp reward won't be too high, or no one will ever take a task again :P

Can't argue with another minigame, I guess, even though it's yet ANOTHER PvP minigame

Get ready to grab your blade, staff or bow and battle through Slayer creatures, collecting fragments of their souls to feed to the ever-hungry obelisk.

Doesn't really sound like it's pvp-based, guess we'll have to see though.

If it's castlewars like, you'll most likely be in competition with another player. Though you're right, it might not mean one player fighting another. My bad ;D

hzvjpwS.gif

Well, Jagex did say that they were going to being improving and fixing the current content and system, which obviously means less new content, such as quests.

Even though, a new minigame is quite big. I guess it'll be one extra piece of content each month?

Man, they really are doing what they said they were going to do in the Behind the Scenes for '09. If these past 2 months have been indicitive, I'm really feeling empty right now. This is going to be a long year.

Forget it, I'm gonna go cryogenically freeze myself next to Walt Disney. Would someone be good enough to thaw me when Jagex pulls their head out of their [wagon]?

Well February looks decent, better than January.

Soul Wars 6/10 - Sounds good like a fun mini game, but will it live up to expectations? Who knows.

Random Events 9/10 - AWESOME! This update was needed VERY VERY long ago! I love the fact that we get to choose from a variety of rewards. Also love the changes being made to notice how often we get them that way we don't get the same one repeatedly. Kind of sad though that they are retiring the Drunken Dwarf :(.

Price Check 10/10 - Great Update, I am looking forward to this hopefully it will slow down the amount of newbs asking for price checks.

Quest List Interface 1/10 - Boring, filler update blah blah blah.

Evil Tree 6/10 - Sounds a little fun, but to be realistic it's just another event that will become a "chore" in RuneScape.

xxteargodxx.png

Looks like it'll be a great month and it's good that Jagex are making "Mobilising Armies" perfected ::'

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Jagex wouldn't have to fix so much stuff if they put out a good product to begin with. These aren't improvements, they're just trying to break even.

Okay, spell and quest organzing, that stuff is fine, but seriously, those should be minor updates *in addition to* good content update.

I guess this is what they needed to do to get to that golden level of 4 updates a month.

Not Fail Jagex, but D+ at best.

2 New Skills in 2009

The Royiel: "any hint of a new skill in 2009 jagex? :P"

Hi The Royiel. In March we'll be introducing the "Login" skill. Players will gain experience whenever they login.

We realise that there are some players who don't enjoy logging into RuneScape. So in October we'll be introducing the "Logout" skill. It will give experience whenever players logout. We believe that these two skills will cover a broad spectrum of interests, from logging in to logging out. Just kidding. ;) We can't give hints. We don't want to ruin the surprise. Happy gaming. ^_^

Quick find code: 14-15-405-58156615

Page 33

Price check

Ever found yourself at the bottom of a lonely, dark, depressing dungeon, with only the sound of your Summoning beast to keep you company, when suddenly out of the bleakness come the infamous words price check plz?. Quite often youll want to know how much something is worth, even if you are holding back the forces of darkness at the same time. Because of this often-heard request, we have decided to add it as a permanent feature. So youll be able to click on a button beneath your worn items to open a new price-check interface, into which youll be able to place objects from your inventory (including stacks) to see their trade value.

I am afraid this will be a 1 item thing, as in you can only check 1 item at a time. I hope I am wrong otherwise it would be only mildly useful. It's nice to know how much you have made during a slayer task or things along those lines.

chris_924.png

Price check

Ever found yourself at the bottom of a lonely, dark, depressing dungeon, with only the sound of your Summoning beast to keep you company, when suddenly out of the bleakness come the infamous words price check plz?. Quite often youll want to know how much something is worth, even if you are holding back the forces of darkness at the same time. Because of this often-heard request, we have decided to add it as a permanent feature. So youll be able to click on a button beneath your worn items to open a new price-check interface, into which youll be able to place objects from your inventory (including stacks) to see their trade value.

No, I can honestly say that that has never happened to me. People tend to not bother down there for a price check, I rarely walk around with summoning familiars, and I have a good idea what monetary range any single item has and whether I want to keep it. This is worthless to me.