02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

Soul Wars sounds exciting. ::'

Nice to see they are changing randoms and taking some away aswell.

Price check souunds AWESOME.

Very much needed aswell. :thumbsup:

I have done all quests, so the quest list update wont affect me.

Evil Tree is still quite clouded, but maybe 90 Farming will be usefull?

I should hopefully have 90 or 91 before it comes out. :mrgreen:

They are still working on Mobilising Armies. :shock:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they'll find a way to turn it into a snoozefest with an awesome reward that forces people to play their dull game in order to obtain.

Clearly Jagex is a bunch of guys who hate the rest of us cause they can't get girls to come back to their flats.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

[hide=Mindless ranting]

Man, they really are doing what they said they were going to do in the Behind the Scenes for '09. If these past 2 months have been indicitive, I'm really feeling empty right now. This is going to be a long year.

Forget it, I'm gonna go cryogenically freeze myself next to Walt Disney. Would someone be good enough to thaw me when Jagex pulls their head out of their [wagon]?

Jagex wouldn't have to fix so much stuff if they put out a good product to begin with. These aren't improvements, they're just trying to break even.

Okay, spell and quest organzing, that stuff is fine, but seriously, those should be minor updates *in addition to* good content update.

I guess this is what they needed to do to get to that golden level of 4 updates a month.

Not Fail Jagex, but D+ at best.

Want to surprise me? Stop giving out chunks of expierence. Would be nice to make everyone earn something for once.

No, I can honestly say that that has never happened to me. People tend to not bother down there for a price check, I rarely walk around with summoning familiars, and I have a good idea what monetary range any single item has and whether I want to keep it. This is worthless to me.

I'm sure they'll find a way to turn it into a snoozefest with an awesome reward that forces people to play their dull game in order to obtain.

Clearly Jagex is a bunch of guys who hate the rest of us cause they can't get girls to come back to their flats.

Yeah, know what would be nice? How about good content that distracts and diverts me from my thoughts about how boring and childlike your game has become?
[/hide]

Why do you even play the game, when you clearly hate it and it's developers? o_O

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

More out of routine than anything else I guess. Also because when they get something good out there, I really do enjoy it.

My problem with them is their assault of bad, filler content they use to throw at us to keep us busy. When I see a lot of their content, it reminds me of when a teacher at school gives you some crossword on the subject you're studying because it's a half day and they aren't going to try anything. So they give you busy work. *cough* Trouble Brewing *cough*

Also I take issue with what I think is their constant pandering the younger audiences.

I'm also very sarcastic and my girlfriend just left me because she moved to Albany to become a flight attendant.

Mondays...

To be honest, if the D&D event even gives me 4k Farming experience for 5 minutes work, I'm going to do it. And seeing it can be done twice a day, 8k Farming experience per day is very good! :) (Just assuming its 4k, seeing that Crafting was around 3k in Phoenix)

Otherwise, good update on randoms, Soul Wars looks interesting, Price Check ok, Quest filter useless for people with Quest Capes (me)...

No quest! -.-

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I'm not personally against the D&D stuff myself. I rather like it. Without it I would be like lvl 12 Summoning. It just stinks because when you keep adding things like it people expect things to constantly be getting easier and easier. Not people really, but kids. Then I get the whining.

Nothing like some 11 year old demanding that you not only tell him where all the penguins are, but you stop whatever you're doing to take him to every single one because he thinks he's entitled to that experience.

And personally I'd like some kind of D&D or Minigame where you have to mix up potions quickly or a little bit of fishing, farming, and construction.

More out of routine than anything else I guess. Also because when they get something good out there, I really do enjoy it.

My problem with them is their assault of bad, filler content they use to throw at us to keep us busy. When I see a lot of their content, it reminds me of when a teacher at school gives you some crossword on the subject you're studying because it's a half day and they aren't going to try anything. So they give you busy work. *cough* Trouble Brewing *cough*

Also I take issue with what I think is their constant pandering the younger audiences.

I'm also very sarcastic and my girlfriend just left me because she moved to Albany to become a flight attendant.

Mondays...

Routine? You sound dead set on bringing down any positive outlooks on these future updates. Why don't you want for them to come out first before you try trashing them?

Don't take every update as a personal insult

And there are better things to do to vent than post on an RS forum.

on topic, i'm looking forward most to the RE update. Long needed.

I really hope slayer is not dumbed down in this minigame like so many other skills have been with the release of new minigames. The "Exp rewards" they talk about scare the hell out of me. I worked for years to get my slayer level and I am going to be very annoyed if whips drop to 300k and the servers are crowded with n00bs.

I can see it now:

SOUL WARS EXP REWARDS:

1 point : 300,000 SLAYER EXP

10 Points : 5,000,000 SLAYER EXP.

Random Nub 20 minutes into playing the game: OMFG I T3h SLAYER L33T GONNAE GO FIGHT3 T3h DEMONZZ

:twss:

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

It's not all ranting, but yeah, I do tear them down quite a bit. And a lot is also me trying to be funny, if you don't find it funny, whatever. I do the anger thing when I'm talking. I don't genuinely feel all that upset by it. I do think Jagex has done an about face on the gaming principles they used to hold. That irks me quite a lot.

Personally I thought the Walt Disney one quite funny.

But on topic, I think this stuff should be run of the mill update and fix stuff. Not presented as new content. It comes across like they're trying to fool us.

Z O M F G NO MORE ENTS AND SMOKING ROCKS!!!!!!! FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW lol :D :thumbsup: \:D/ :thumbsup: \:D/ :thumbsup: \:D/ :thumbsup: \:D/ :thumbsup:

FFs just remembered I maxed wcing already :oops: :oops: :oops:

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

So like I said, I'll chill in the freezer next to Disney and someone wake me when they finish streamlining the game and go back to more interesting stuff.

Some random events will be removed from the game. Poison-gas chests, smoking rocks, broken pickaxes and ents will become things of the past. The Drunken Dwarf will be retired as a random event, but he'll still be free to roam the world, handing out kebabs to his mateys. You'll still be able to obtain shade robes, strange fruit and security books; we do not intend to discontinue any existing rewards.

I just put in an order for 100 broken pickaxes, rune and adamant.

I figure if they don't remove these from the game, we have another batch of rares brewing, and if they do fix them, I just got a good alch deal.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hmmm, I guess the random thing will be good. I'm going to miss getting all my maze events (I get one about 1 in 3 when doing combat. Oh well, there either going to destroy the maze rewards (or the event itself) or bring all the other events up to par (130k-200k for every random? \' ) anyways. And maybe now I can get shade robes again for my house (I had to lose them back in f2p, and now they can't be traded, and I haven't had a shade in oh...2.5 years). Maybe just mayby they will abolish molly, the most hated random for the annoyance combined with 100% pure [cabbage]ty reward.

The new D&D sounds...interesting. I smell some new clans being formed. And I love free xp, but by the time im done getting all my D&S bonus, ToG, and MTK, I don't have any time left to play the game. And how many tactical minigames do we need? 1 per month until that big one finaly comes? Is the game so bad we need upwards of 20 minigames, 4 D&D's, and a few other free exp/money mechanisms just to keep us playing. I honestly feel like RuneScape has been invaded by Funorb, by means of turning RuneScape into a hub for mingames until RuneScape is the minigame and the minigames are the whole point (ok thats a bit much, but I think you get my point).

Whatever, looks cool anyways :thumbsup:

So like I said, I'll chill in the freezer next to Disney and someone wake me when they finish streamlining the game and go back to more interesting stuff.

could you not of put everything in one post?

OT. looks like a good month :D less random events will be excellent :D no more being at steels and getting the sandwich lady quite so much :D

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I'm very, very scared. I will personally fly to Jagex HQ if Slayer is ruined. Heads will roll.

Literally half the posts in this thread are from Hate_Me_Libs talking to himself. Seriously, shutup. Edit your first post if you have so much to say to no one in particular.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

No because my posts came out like that because they were partially conversational with other people's posts.

OT: Besides the big quest they *hopefully* have brewing for us, did anyone else consider that maybe a few months to a year back they legitimately ran low of ideas to develop and add to the game?

Does anyone else think that perhaps this attempt at making the game more efficient this year was used as a stall to let them come up with and create stuff for 2010?

Oh well, in any case I'm going back to my freezer.

I will personally fly to Jagex HQ if Slayer is ruined.

No you won't. :P

But seriously, I don't think we should worry about massive exp rewards for Slayer being released, Jagex aren't stupid enough to do that imo. As far as I'm aware, the last minigame that increased the amount of exp/hour significantly was Pest Control. ;)

Hmmm, I guess the random thing will be good. I'm going to miss getting all my maze events (I get one about 1 in 3 when doing combat. Oh well, there either going to destroy the maze rewards (or the event itself) or bring all the other events up to par (130k-200k for every random? \' ) anyways.

The Maze reward isn't due to change at all. I think it'll be the only event that DOESN'T give you the gift box described in the newspost.

:P

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

And Pest Control ran wild for a very long time and let a lot of people get many easy CB levels before it was brought back down.

Hopefully the Slayer minigame if it happens won't be allowed to run rampant for months like PC.

But seriously, I don't think we should worry about massive exp rewards for Slayer being released, Jagex aren't stupid enough to do that imo. As far as I'm aware, the last minigame that increased the amount of exp/hour significantly was Pest Control. ;)

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

But, I do agree. I'm a little worried, but I can't imagine that Jagex would ever do that. I think if anything, it'll be a way to train Slayer safely, but for significantly reduced experience.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

But, I do agree. I'm a little worried, but I can't imagine that Jagex would ever do that. I think if anything, it'll be a way to train Slayer safely, but for significantly reduced experience.

even that would be bad :shame:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Jagex, I beg you to take some very old advice...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Lawlz.

Its funny, Becasue its true.

But seriously, not all of the updates this month are bad. It will be nice not to have to deal with giving price checks when Im in the middle of fighting a monster. The upgrade aspect continues, and I wish they would zero-in more on that and less on ez-2-skill minigames.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3