Weekly Poll: What would you do if you lost your RS wealth?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

This week's poll asks:

What would you do if you lost your RuneScape wealth?

•  
    [*:1m7ysxwg]No life until it's back!

[*:1m7ysxwg]Slowly recover

[*:1m7ysxwg]Play less/go F2P

[*:1m7ysxwg]Take a break

[*:1m7ysxwg]Quit forever

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

Thanks Kingjoe for the suggestion!

~N_odie <3:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering my total wealth is probably only around 25-30m, most of which is just a heeeeeap of junk i'm too lazy to sell, I guess i'd slowly recover :lol: Never been too fussed about having a huge amount of money/gear, most money I do make just goes right back into training other skills. :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I'm realy not sure losing ~650M would be terrible and devistating and I'd probably take a break or just rc some back and go make money at GWD. But I'm not sure and will never know until it happens which will be never.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I would probably recover slowly followed by a short break during which i congratulate myself for getting my wealth back however if I had more say 50mil i would take a break to sulk for a couple days then recover slowly.

No lifing is not an option because i don't have a life

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

You Just Lost The Game

Well considering it has happened to me 3 times, the first 2 times I slowly worked back and accumulated far greater wealth than the previous time. But the 3rd and most recent has made me quit indefinately (Yeah I know I log in for a few minutes each day but I have some friends who dont use msn etc. and I still have 12 days of mems left :? )

Check my blog, I'm retired now anyway.

Ankie_1992.png

61,128th to 99 Strength.

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once. You just have to be smart about what you do. Me personally, I'd probably slowly make it back, but if it happened more then once, I'd probably just pack it up or take a long break.

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once. You just have to be smart about what you do. Me personally, I'd probably slowly make it back, but if it happened more then once, I'd probably just pack it up or take a long break.

I don't share my account

I have updated antivirus etc..

I have Recoverys

I don't visit dodgy sites

etc etc etc etc

my 20 character alphanumerical random string password was still cracked to gain access to my account..twice..(yes different password both times)

I Just go on prolonged breaks until i decide i can be bothered to play again

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

When I returned last Christmas (2007) I had nothing. Someone had gained access to my account while I was retired/quit by convincing Jagex via password recovery they were me (I have now changed my recoveries to be much harder to guess/work out). This meant I started from scratch. I was able to recover by nolifing a little bit but not too bad. I basicly got my fishing and woodcutting to level 99. This got me enough money to get some other skills to 99 including fletching, firemaking and cooking last year also. I now have bandos armour, a santa hat, approx 40m in the bank and now working on 99 summoning, hitpoints and defence. Gonna be an exciting year :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Depends how I lost it, if I spent it all on 1 skill like I just have I would start making it back like I am but if I got hacked for ALOT, they i'm not sure until it happens which I hope not. Then some may argue spending it all on 1 skill isn't losing it...

I never had any trouble with money. I skill, and money just comes along on the way. Allthough it'd suck losing hundreds of millions... it'll be no problem to make it back.

If i lost all my money...

Probably i'd be sad at first and possibly angry. But in the matter of days i would get back on my feet and start making my money back. Probably with rune mining at first, as i like it a lot, then other activities :)

Slow but steady.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I don't share my account

I have updated antivirus etc..

I have Recoverys

I don't visit dodgy sites

etc etc etc etc

my 20 character alphanumerical random string password was still cracked to gain access to my account..twice..(yes different password both times)

I Just go on prolonged breaks until i decide i can be bothered to play again

LOL- Well I guess it just sucked to be you. :) You are a rarity it appears. Most of the time I talk with folks that got hacked, and they would say, it was someone I knew, or knew my pw for whatever reason. I did say that I got a keylogger on the main page once, so even with all those things, it still can happen of course. But I assure you, the majority of hacks are from people they knew, or from not having a virus program, etc.

But ya, sorry to hear it happen to you like that, because stuff like that just irks me. :/

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

I have had this happen before (Random killed me with my santa on)

At frist I wanted to quit...and I did actually. But I have been slowing recovering, still taking a long time though.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

If I would lose one part of my wealth I can slowly recover it but if almost everything in my bank vanishs I would take a break. Why? Cause on of my goals for the current year is to accumulate a big cash pile and failing with my goals would disappoint me very much. I always set my goals to something possible and slowly setting higher and higher goals. It's like a game in a game and if I can't reach my goals I would lose the game - plain simple. :P

[404] Signature not found.