Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weekly Poll: What would you do if you lost your RS wealth?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

Evil Pig20
[ Display Name History ]

Evil Pig20

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts

I have had this happen before (Random killed me with my santa on)

At frist I wanted to quit...and I did actually. But I have been slowing recovering, still taking a long time though.

That is why when you wear rares you only keep on three items :o

None of thsoe answers appeal to me.

Every time I get 100k+, I ALWAYS spend it on d bones for prayer, which usually turns out to be fail anyway.

I think thats where your problem is... I have gotten to 61 prayer without buying bones, go kill baby blue dragon :D

I would a) just quit, RuneScape isn't even that fun anymore or B) stop playing for awhile.

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
think I'd finally try out the abyssal titan ess banking lol

Madmanpur3
[ Display Name History ]

Madmanpur3

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 874 posts
I'm an expert on this...

Accumulated about 15-20m on my f2p tank mage via pking then decided I wanted to make a p2p pure with a friend, back to zero.

Made a couple/few hundred million over the course of probably a year and a half before getting hacked by my neighbor (used my lil sister to get the answers to recoveries >.<), back to zero.

Within 4-5 months I was at a new high in wealth (~500m) through various methods - staking/pking mostly - and It was like that for a long while so I was happy. Then just several days before they removed unrestricted trading the same kid hacked me again (not exactly sure how he did it that time...so I blame JaGex :P), back to zero.

Then from mid December of '07 to early February of '08 I just spent a lot of time at GWD and peaked at ~750m. I hope this money will stay with me, but if I do end up losing it all again I'll just follow the pattern and make over a billion gp :D.

P.S. - Why isn't play on another account an option? I'm sure a lot would do that (as their break) - at least I would, my lil pure is fun.
May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!
First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

psvstef
[ Display Name History ]

psvstef

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
voted for quit,but i probably can't :oops:
Posted Image

nelch
[ Display Name History ]

nelch

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts
in all honesty, how do these people make hundreds of millions of gp??? iv been playing for years, and have some decent levels, but iv never rated myself as "wealthy", but for people to play for a few months and earn that much... i just dont understand how you can do it.

Azzazeal2
[ Display Name History ]

Azzazeal2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Well I lack any cash wealth, and my bank is only worth about 2-2.5 mil it wouldnt be such a big deal for me, I guess I would slowly recover (good excuse to fish! :thumbsup:)

Beriorn
[ Display Name History ]

Beriorn

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
Step 1: obtain Rune pickaxe.

Step 2: travel to the Dwarven Gold Mine.

Step 3: mine [cabbage]loads of gold.

Step 4: travel to the Grand Exchange.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: PROFIT!

oropher
[ Display Name History ]

oropher

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • RSN:Oropher84
I've lost most of my wealth a few times already. Lost 4 bges in bh, they all were over 50% of my bank when I lost them. I lost one, made the cash back for another, then lost that one. I recently lost an ags in pvp as well. In my opinion it's not really hard to start earning cash again like you used to. It's quite easy to monsterhunt or skill or w/e and make at least 300k/hour.

I know I've worked for the cash I lost so I know I can make it back eventually...
Retired High Leader of the Great Titans
Posted Image
DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44
GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3
Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

I've lost most of my wealth a few times already. Lost 4 bges in bh, they all were over 50% of my bank when I lost them. I lost one, made the cash back for another, then lost that one. I recently lost an ags in pvp as well. In my opinion it's not really hard to start earning cash again like you used to. It's quite easy to monsterhunt or skill or w/e and make at least 300k/hour.

I know I've worked for the cash I lost so I know I can make it back eventually...

It's not that easy for everyone. :(

I only once lost all of my wealth, when I was a f2per. It was a a few hundred million from merchanting. I was msg'd by a Scaper' called Queenofcrazy (Still remember the name) who asked me if I was selling something (I was known by a few people from trading, but never met this person) and of course I logged off, attempted to hop world and I tried logging in and I couldn't. The person was on my account and traded away everything I had.

I didn't quite quit, but I took small breaks and soon after I got members.

If it was ever to happen again I'd certainly cut down on playing and most probably go f2p.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Atom Smash40
[ Display Name History ]

Atom Smash40

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • RSN:Atom Smash40
  • RSN2:Gorgeous War
its happened before. the cause of my 2 yr hiatus. came back in july, made cash, and im sitting on some decent money with plenty ways to make more.

i lost 50m total btw (old prices, like with guthans still worth 12m, dh worth like 6m-ish, etc.)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
Well, since my entire bank is only worth about 5mil (maybe) I'd slowly recover. I spend most of my money on skills.

HexiledRazz
[ Display Name History ]

HexiledRazz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RSN:Hexiled Razz
  • RSN2:Pure of War
  • Clan:EoE
Well, i guess everyone's money base here is way higher then mine, but I'll say this anyway.

I think i have about 27M of wealth atm. But, i recently lost 4M due to lag at Monkey Guards(Z ring+Zam Cloak and some other stuff).

And i just slowly made it back. Not that much of a biggie. Because i already had all the cash i needed to buy my items back, just needed to do it, and earn that money back.

But, i NPC traded 1M every day for a week and got it back, and a little extra.

in all honesty, how do these people make hundreds of millions of gp??? iv been playing for years, and have some decent levels, but iv never rated myself as "wealthy", but for people to play for a few months and earn that much... i just dont understand how you can do it.

It's called not having a life. And/or getting extremely lucky many times at Monster Bosses.

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once.

Yeah, that's one of the most interesting things about my main account. I've been playing on it for about, possibly 3 - 4 years. And it has never been hacked.

And i guess I'm lucky, to an point.

I recently found out that my virus scanner wasn't scanning every day like it should be. And when i found out, and scanned my CPU, it found 30 viruses.

I'm just lucky that one of those weren't a key logger pertaining to RS.

And also, i have set recoveries. A scrambled password. And a bank pin.

So now, i think my account is at maximum security.
Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

T. Skill
[ Display Name History ]

T. Skill

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • RSN '07:tha sour
I'd most likely slowly recover, and probably go over the amount of wealth I have now(not much tbh) simply because I know how to make money faster than before.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

SwimmyTheDuck
[ Display Name History ]

SwimmyTheDuck

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • RSN:Shotdown12
  • Clan:Tip.It Events Team Austrailia
No life 'till it's back, it's just around 3M. ;)
Posted Image

Jesus_Status
[ Display Name History ]

Jesus_Status

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • RSN:Jesus Statuz
i'd definatly just go f2p make a mil back then go pvp in and eventually get mems back in a couple months

Agent1777
[ Display Name History ]

Agent1777

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RSN:agent 1777
  • Clan:Goldskillers
well...this did happen to me when I quit about 2 years ago, I gave 2m in items to friends, an sold eveything in bank. When I cam back, it took me 2 weeks just to get a rune pick.. -.-
Posted Image
Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
It's a game. Therefore it isn't worth the no-life time. If I play enough. be smart, and have fun, I'll get it all back (although 85m might take a while, w/e I still have other games to play).

wab
[ Display Name History ]

wab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 251 posts
i've died 3-5 days ago guys and i really can't decide wat to do :(

so there isn't any answer to this pool :P

anyways i lost 20m, most is fury, bandos chest (tassets is saved over chest wtf?!) whip, berserker......and fire cape it would take me years to get again :x

anyways...i really need way to get back the cash. i don't like pk/gwd and such, but trading npc 1m a day cought my eye...any1 can explain? how much hours does this 1m/day takes?

Johannas
[ Display Name History ]

Johannas

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,135 posts
  • RSN:Johannas
Might take a break, but more likely to slowly recover.

I think it depends whether it was my fault or not, if i felt stupid - i might feel more determination to earn it back.

I have lost all my wealth once before about 3 years ago in a freak luring accident. Took a break for a couple of months because i was just an angry kid then. It was a bit harder to get money back then too....

Besides, money making is so easy now adays with the grand exchange i would probably just earn a little bit of instant cash...

1. Pick flax/kill cows till i get some armour/cheap weapon

2. Kill green dragons for some more cash

3. Carry on day to day activities and keeping MTK updated. By this time i would have all the basics back

4. Just merchant a little on the grand exchange - (tooooo easy!)

*first poll idea :)*

Posted Image

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Torlen
[ Display Name History ]

Torlen

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once. You just have to be smart about what you do. Me personally, I'd probably slowly make it back, but if it happened more then once, I'd probably just pack it up or take a long break.

I don't share my account

I have updated antivirus etc..

I have Recoverys

I don't visit dodgy sites

etc etc etc etc

my 20 character alphanumerical random string password was still cracked to gain access to my account..twice..(yes different password both times)

I Just go on prolonged breaks until i decide i can be bothered to play again

Not to be a jerk, but a 20 string alpha numerical has 6.87e46 different combinations. At the rate of 10 guesses per second, it would take 2.17e38 years to crack a password like that. That's 1.58e28 times as old as the universe.

That isn't even figuring in the fact that you are only allowed to many wrong guesses a minute logging into Runescape.

People aren't guessing your password, you're doing something wrong.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users