Weekly Poll: What would you do if you lost your RS wealth?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i guess everyone's money base here is way higher then mine, but I'll say this anyway.

I think i have about 27M of wealth atm. But, i recently lost 4M due to lag at Monkey Guards(Z ring+Zam Cloak and some other stuff).

And i just slowly made it back. Not that much of a biggie. Because i already had all the cash i needed to buy my items back, just needed to do it, and earn that money back.

But, i NPC traded 1M every day for a week and got it back, and a little extra.

in all honesty, how do these people make hundreds of millions of gp??? iv been playing for years, and have some decent levels, but iv never rated myself as "wealthy", but for people to play for a few months and earn that much... i just dont understand how you can do it.

It's called not having a life. And/or getting extremely lucky many times at Monster Bosses.

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once.

Yeah, that's one of the most interesting things about my main account. I've been playing on it for about, possibly 3 - 4 years. And it has never been hacked.

And i guess I'm lucky, to an point.

I recently found out that my virus scanner wasn't scanning every day like it should be. And when i found out, and scanned my CPU, it found 30 viruses.

I'm just lucky that one of those weren't a key logger pertaining to RS.

And also, i have set recoveries. A scrambled password. And a bank pin.

So now, i think my account is at maximum security.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'd most likely slowly recover, and probably go over the amount of wealth I have now(not much tbh) simply because I know how to make money faster than before.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

It's a game. Therefore it isn't worth the no-life time. If I play enough. be smart, and have fun, I'll get it all back (although 85m might take a while, w/e I still have other games to play).

i've died 3-5 days ago guys and i really can't decide wat to do :(

so there isn't any answer to this pool :P

anyways i lost 20m, most is fury, bandos chest (tassets is saved over chest wtf?!) whip, berserker......and fire cape it would take me years to get again :x

anyways...i really need way to get back the cash. i don't like pk/gwd and such, but trading npc 1m a day cought my eye...any1 can explain? how much hours does this 1m/day takes?

want_a_box.png

Might take a break, but more likely to slowly recover.

I think it depends whether it was my fault or not, if i felt stupid - i might feel more determination to earn it back.

I have lost all my wealth once before about 3 years ago in a freak luring accident. Took a break for a couple of months because i was just an angry kid then. It was a bit harder to get money back then too....

Besides, money making is so easy now adays with the grand exchange i would probably just earn a little bit of instant cash...

1. Pick flax/kill cows till i get some armour/cheap weapon

2. Kill green dragons for some more cash

3. Carry on day to day activities and keeping MTK updated. By this time i would have all the basics back

4. Just merchant a little on the grand exchange - (tooooo easy!)

*first poll idea :)*

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Every day I hear someone say. "Omg, I've been hacked!" Now if they are serious or not, I will never know. I am not sure how anyone can lose their stuff. Unless you are sharing your account or allowing someone to compromise your pw info, I'd think it would be pretty rare. And for God's sake, use a decent, updated virus protection program. I actually know of some folks that play RS, that don't even know if they have a virus protection program. Set a pin & recovery questions. And I am 99% sure you won't lose your money. I'll admit, I have been playing for just over 2 years, and I have seen a keylogger on the main page once. You just have to be smart about what you do. Me personally, I'd probably slowly make it back, but if it happened more then once, I'd probably just pack it up or take a long break.

I don't share my account

I have updated antivirus etc..

I have Recoverys

I don't visit dodgy sites

etc etc etc etc

my 20 character alphanumerical random string password was still cracked to gain access to my account..twice..(yes different password both times)

I Just go on prolonged breaks until i decide i can be bothered to play again

Not to be a jerk, but a 20 string alpha numerical has 6.87e46 different combinations. At the rate of 10 guesses per second, it would take 2.17e38 years to crack a password like that. That's 1.58e28 times as old as the universe.

That isn't even figuring in the fact that you are only allowed to many wrong guesses a minute logging into Runescape.

People aren't guessing your password, you're doing something wrong.

Torlen.png

I would NEVER let it happen although if it did, i would probably slowly recover, the only think keeping me from quitting is the fact that my skills are still there and I would not let that go to waste, and they can help recover my money. And since I'm F2P I don't have that much anyway...

On the 22/September 2008 my main account, king giovas was hacked by some sad sad child. The account had a net of around 600m, (540m cash alone)

After I was hacked I had a break till late December and I started playing again. Because I had no money I had to re-evaluate my goals I had planned. No more 99cons, 99herb, 99farming for me...

..i decided to complete all the quests in runescape! you got no idea how much the dragon shard and set of dagon hai robes and black elite armour helped me financially~

Now that I have finished all the quests in Runescape I am working on just casually training my slayer. I still collect the charms, even though I no longer have the funds to train summon yet. and I do miss my old SGS.... ahhh

anyways, im slowly building my wealth back up, however i would love to also become unmuted again... grah hacker.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

do what i did last week, yell [bleep] RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!! then go rc it back D:

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

I went from 150m to about 10m through staking...

at one point I even lost all of it, so I have lost all of my wealth and I am slowly gaining it back.

Dragon Drops:

2 D Spears(fire giants and shadow warriors), 2 D skirt, D Legs

Barrows Drops:

Guthan Plate(first Trip EVER)

0__r4n_g3r_0.png

About two and a half or three years ago, I decided to quit playing RS. When I did so, I figured I'd be gone forever so I gave everything away. About a week ago, I started playing again. As such, I don't have much wealth yet so if I lost it, it'd hardly even affect me.

Probably just slay abbies for a while. I onyl have like 40m, won't be hard to make that back.

Hackers can take our friends, they can take our wealth, but they can't take our Slayer Levels!

[/motivational war cry]

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.