05-February-2009 Postbag from the Hedge

Kaphias

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Have you ever wondered how many chickens it would take to kill TzTok-Jad? If not, why not? Have a guess and find out in this month's Postbag from the Hedge.

If you prefer more refined pleasures, we can offer the musings of Azzanadra and a ditty penned by a gardening leprechaun.

Read it here.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reversed the polarity of your accumulator and the knives kept pointing north. My hypothesis at first glance seems strange: the knives fall northwards because of dinner etiquette.

When you sit down to dinner, your knives must always be to your right, your forks to your left and spoons running across the top. It seems that, over the years, the knives have gained some metal memory from this practice. Now, if you leave a knife to fall naturally (as a knife would in the wild), it lands northwards, in preparation for a dessert spoon and fork to land with it.

Who knew! Another one of Runescape's age old questions answered. Good Postbag. :lol:

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

not only is this fine maths, it's also an insight as to how hits and damage are calculated.

It also confirms what I've been thinking for some time. Every time you hit a monster, your attack level (plus prayer boost and slayer helmet effect or salve ammy) added to your gear attack bonus (slash, stab or crush) gives a number (let's say 250 maxed out with godsword). From this number, a random number is rolled. Let's say you rolled 185. On that hit, your enemy will roll a random number from 0 to ... whatever his max bonus is. If your enemy rolls 185 and higher, you splash a 0. If it rolls under 185, you will get a hit. The hit is determine by the str bonus and another random number is rolled translating to damage. Note that you could succeed with your attack roll and hit a 0 with your str roll. That's still hypothetical, but I'm pretty sure that's the most accurate explanation.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

not only is this fine maths, it's also an insight as to how hits and damage are calculated.

It also confirms what I've been thinking for some time. Every time you hit a monster, your attack level (plus prayer boost and slayer helmet effect or salve ammy) added to your gear attack bonus (slash, stab or crush) gives a number (let's say 250 maxed out with godsword). From this number, a random number is rolled. Let's say you rolled 185. On that hit, your enemy will roll a random number from 0 to ... whatever his max bonus is. If your enemy rolls 185 and higher, you splash a 0. If it rolls under 185, you will get a hit. The hit is determine by the str bonus and another random number is rolled translating to damage. Note that you could succeed with your attack roll and hit a 0 with your str roll. That's still hypothetical, but I'm pretty sure that's the most accurate explanation.

Precisely

*It was also quite funny :lol:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Is this actually correct? Seems to me like it is. :o

Sliske is one whose actions can be seen each and every day in the smallest of this world's details

Random events. Seriousely. Sliske is behind the random events! :mrgreen:

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

I really enjoyed the poetry between the angry farmer and the leprechaun. :thumbsup: Can we expect a leprechaun graphical update soon?

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I really enjoyed the poetry between the angry farmer and the leprechaun. :thumbsup: Can we expect a leprechaun graphical update soon?

That was my favorite part, too! The author of the first poem was very, very good. :) I didn't like the response so much, but it was fair. :)

And you can't beat the picture of Jad surrounded by roosters...heheehe =D>

hzvjpwS.gif

Cool, seems like the health bar is getting updated, looking at the roosters bar ^^

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I think the important part of this letter was that the health bars are finally getting updated.

Oh and who wants to raise the rooster army to take on Jad? I hope they have a few thousand extra firecapes, in extra tiny size.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Is this actually correct? Seems to me like it is. :o

That's what I assume... I don't know the actual mechanic, but this is a pretty good assumption. We can assume that when they say that the chicken has a 50% chance to do 1 damage when it hits with its attack, it means its str lvl is 1 (randoming 0 results in 0 damage and randoming 1 results in 1 damage). This can be tested in duel arena with 2 players. Find 2 players (one with 10 attack, the other with 50 def) the one with 10 attack will attack (with fists) and the other will only eat and not fight back. If we can test this for a 1000 tries and the 10 attack player hits 200 times, then that theory will be "assumed proven". The thing is.. the 10 attack player must not lvl attack during the test, def doesn't matter and str has no bearing on accuracy.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I think the important part of this letter was that the health bars are finally getting updated.

Oh and who wants to raise the rooster army to take on Jad? I hope they have a few thousand extra firecapes, in extra tiny size.

The thousand roosters from the Asgarnian Empire descend upon you. Their feathers will blot out the sun.

Coming soon to a theatre near you: TzTok-Jad starring in... 1

Valten_1.png

This is a really good postbag, and I especially liked the TzTok-Jad vs. Chick- I mean Roosters calculation, it's a very good bit of maths. Not only that, we're getting a new hp bar! :thumbsup:

The poem was really good too.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The thousand roosters from the Asgarnian Empire descend upon you. Their feathers will blot out the sun.

Coming soon to a theatre near you: TzTok-Jad starring in... 1

I lol'd hard.

The Azzanadra letter was particularly interesting, and the poems were hilarious. I love the picture of Jad and the chickens, too. The last line of Azzanadra's letter gave me chills.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i feared that we would get this kind of hp bar.. I dont like it.

What kind did you want? It's better than a plain rectangle, and as long as it's easy to distinguish green from red, it's fine.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i feared that we would get this kind of hp bar.. I dont like it.

What kind did you want? It's better than a plain rectangle, and as long as it's easy to distinguish green from red, it's fine.

I dont like the low height and the box around it, but i guess that's someting i have to live with.