05-February-2009 Postbag from the Hedge

Kaphias

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your more sensible question, I do not know how many of us remain upon this world. Since my release, I have resumed connections with the closest of my allies, and sent my agents to observe my enemies - but we Mahjarrat are accustomed to the shadows, and the mortal eyes I must use to search for my kin are not. I have discovered that many of us have entered the death-sleep, and that Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash were the most recent to face the void in the Ritual.

I KNEW i saw that name before:

CE Postbag Puzzle

Betentacled Ganondorf7769,

Ralvash is gone; Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be. That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare. Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

So Ralvash is/was a Mahjarrat.

Intresting....

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=Azzanadra]Impertinent mortal,

'Zeox' is not a name used by my kin, at least not in our own tongue. I suppose it could be that one of us had taken a title more amenable to the weaklings who believe they rule this world, but I cannot imagine that such a name would find favour anywhere near the deluded city of the White Knights.

To answer your more sensible question, I do not know how many of us remain upon this world. Since my release, I have resumed connections with the closest of my allies, and sent my agents to observe my enemies - but we Mahjarrat are accustomed to the shadows, and the mortal eyes I must use to search for my kin are not. I have discovered that many of us have entered the death-sleep, and that Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash were the most recent to face the void in the Ritual.

It is possible that some of the weaker of my tribe survive in hiding - Jhallan was always so inclined, it is the way of the cowardly and weak-willed. Kharshai may yet live, I can sense no trace of his death upon this world, but nor can I sense his pulse; perhaps his neutrality has earnt him a prison such as mine was.

Be aware, mortal, there could be as many as a hundred of us still upon this world, with dozens more returned from other realms, but equally there could be as few as ten, each as mighty as one of your armies.

Finally, be sure of one thing: Sliske does not hide. An ally he may be, but I did not become master of my Lord's legions without being sure of the powers wielded by those close to me. Sliske is one whose actions can be seen each and every day in the smallest of this world's details.

For the honour of my Lord,

Azzanadra[/hide]

So, to add to the list of known Mahjarrat, we now have Kharshai, Jhallan, Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash (The last three may still live, as they are only pronounced in a state of "Death-Sleep", which they could awake from?

I love the Mahjarrat storyline and linerage, it fancinates me, i might make an encyclopeadia of sorts about it here on TIF :thumbsup:

2v8sgvs.png

'Zeox' is not a name used by my kin, at least not in our own tongue. I suppose it could be that one of us had taken a title more amenable to the weaklings who believe they rule this world, but I cannot imagine that such a name would find favour anywhere near the deluded city of the White Knights.

It is possible that some of the weaker of my tribe survive in hiding - Jhallan was always so inclined, it is the way of the cowardly and weak-willed. Kharshai may yet live, I can sense no trace of his death upon this world, but nor can I sense his pulse; perhaps his neutrality has earnt him a prison such as mine was.

Be aware, mortal, there could be as many as a hundred of us still upon this world, with dozens more returned from other realms, but equally there could be as few as ten, each as mighty as one of your armies.

Finally, be sure of one thing: Sliske does not hide. An ally he may be, but I did not become master of my Lord's legions without being sure of the powers wielded by those close to me. Sliske is one whose actions can be seen each and every day in the smallest of this world's details.

Azzanadra[/hide]

So, to add to the list of known Mahjarrat, we now have Kharshai, Jhallan, Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash (The last three may still live, as they are only pronounced in a state of "Death-Sleep", which they could awake from?

I love the Mahjarrat storyline and linerage, it fancinates me, i might make an encyclopeadia of sorts about it here on TIF :thumbsup:

Where does it state that Karshai and Jhallan is dead? It even says "Kharshai may yet live, I can sense no trace of his death upon this world, but nor can I sense his pulse; perhaps his neutrality has earnt him a prison such as mine was.".

EDIT: And PLEASE, do make that Mahjarrat encyclopedia! I love the Mahjarrat storyline aswell :D

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Azzanadra[/hide]

Where does it state that Karshai and Jhallan is dead? It even says "Kharshai may yet live, I can sense no trace of his death upon this world, but nor can I sense his pulse; perhaps his neutrality has earnt him a prison such as mine was.".

EDIT: And PLEASE, do make that Mahjarrat encyclopedia! I love the Mahjarrat storyline aswell :D

Please direct your question to the big bold words. :-#

2v8sgvs.png

Azzanadra[/hide]

So, to add to the list of known Mahjarrat, we now have Kharshai, Jhallan, Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash (The last three[/size] may still live, as they are only pronounced in a state of "Death-Sleep", which they could awake from?

Oh, so you ment that you're pretty sure Karshai and Jhallan is still alive, but you're unsure whether the last three are?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

[hide=Spammage]

Azzanadra

So, to add to the list of known Mahjarrat, we now have Kharshai, Jhallan, Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash (The last three[/size] may still live, as they are only pronounced in a state of "Death-Sleep", which they could awake from?

Oh, so you ment that you're pretty sure Karshai and Jhallan is still alive, but you're unsure whether the last three are.

[/hide]

Essentially, yes. Karshai and Jhallan are alive according to Azzandra, but the fate of Mizzarch, Lamistard and Ralvash is questionable at best.

2v8sgvs.png

He (she?) uses the word "may" and "possible" when talking about the continued survival of Karshai and Jhallan ::' I think it's far from certain that they are alive.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Azzandara actually says they are in a state of "Death Sleep"; which could be either a hibernation tactic or something similar regarding the forthcoming ritual.

You can wake up from a sleep, death-sleep, i have no idea, but we can't rule out the fact that they may come back.

After all, JaGex loves to 'surprise' us

2v8sgvs.png

Azzandara actually says they are in a state of "Death Sleep"; which could be either a hibernation tactic or something similar regarding the forthcoming ritual.

You can wake up from a sleep, death-sleep, i have no idea, but we can't rule out the fact that they may come back.

No no no, thats the last three, correct? I'm talking about Karshai and Jhallan ;)

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

i think jagex did it. i think they actually did :shock:

i think they actually put those thousands of chickens in the pits to fight :shock:

...sounds like something i would do if i worked at JaGex

Y_Z.png

I love the postbags and how there is always something interesting in them. I really look forward to the Leprechaun graphic update which will probably go along with dwarves, fairies, and other non updated HD chatheads.

Admiral_Caro.png

I was thinking Death-Sleep would mean a coma maybe? That's the thing that springs to mind.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

not only is this fine maths, it's also an insight as to how hits and damage are calculated.

It also confirms what I've been thinking for some time. Every time you hit a monster, your attack level (plus prayer boost and slayer helmet effect or salve ammy) added to your gear attack bonus (slash, stab or crush) gives a number (let's say 250 maxed out with godsword). From this number, a random number is rolled. Let's say you rolled 185. On that hit, your enemy will roll a random number from 0 to ... whatever his max bonus is. If your enemy rolls 185 and higher, you splash a 0. If it rolls under 185, you will get a hit. The hit is determine by the str bonus and another random number is rolled translating to damage. Note that you could succeed with your attack roll and hit a 0 with your str roll. That's still hypothetical, but I'm pretty sure that's the most accurate explanation.

Is this actually correct? Seems to me like it is. :o

That's what I assume... I don't know the actual mechanic, but this is a pretty good assumption. We can assume that when they say that the chicken has a 50% chance to do 1 damage when it hits with its attack, it means its str lvl is 1 (randoming 0 results in 0 damage and randoming 1 results in 1 damage). This can be tested in duel arena with 2 players. Find 2 players (one with 10 attack, the other with 50 def) the one with 10 attack will attack (with fists) and the other will only eat and not fight back. If we can test this for a 1000 tries and the 10 attack player hits 200 times, then that theory will be "assumed proven". The thing is.. the 10 attack player must not lvl attack during the test, def doesn't matter and str has no bearing on accuracy.

Easy. Set combat style to block or kick. Defense or strength do not matter, and besides, accurate style adds +3 attack.

Game_Proffy.png

Some other things of note

1. A tool shed near Varrock Castle for the king - not sure if this was a joke or a hint at a useful update.

2. Accumulator working on knives - I'll be honest, I thought it worked on them already. Is this a hint that if it doesn't work on knives that it will in the near future?

3. Goofy videos by Jagex - seeing the goofy photo, it's possible Jagex posts a goofy videos on it's YouTube channel. Ok, I'm stretching here.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

not only is this fine maths, it's also an insight as to how hits and damage are calculated.

It also confirms what I've been thinking for some time. Every time you hit a monster, your attack level (plus prayer boost and slayer helmet effect or salve ammy) added to your gear attack bonus (slash, stab or crush) gives a number (let's say 250 maxed out with godsword). From this number, a random number is rolled. Let's say you rolled 185. On that hit, your enemy will roll a random number from 0 to ... whatever his max bonus is. If your enemy rolls 185 and higher, you splash a 0. If it rolls under 185, you will get a hit. The hit is determine by the str bonus and another random number is rolled translating to damage. Note that you could succeed with your attack roll and hit a 0 with your str roll. That's still hypothetical, but I'm pretty sure that's the most accurate explanation.

Although it contradicts what I read on the RSOF** some time ago, here's my theory:

Like langer says, you have an attack number based off your attack skill and every boost and bonus. Now, it's my theory that the bonus are multipliers of your base attack and boosts. Anyway, a 130 atk (super atk + prayer) is boosted 80% with a Godsword giving 234 number.

Defense works the same way, with armor multiplying your natural defense and boosts. Let's say you also get a 234.

The success of attack is a number rolled 0 to (Defense number + Attack number). In the above example that's a random number from 0 to 468. Anything above 234 in that "roll" means a successful attack. It stands to reason that lower defense or higher attacks means better chance "to hit".

When you actually hit, then the game just calculates a random number based off your max damage. This is easy to see as we've been noting hits for years. Now, those that create max damage calculators probably know for sure, but it seems that like Attack number and Defense number, the Damage number is based off your Strength and is multiplied by your bonuses (that means someone with a 40 Atk and 1 Str will not do max out much with a Rune 2h). Since average damage has added up to being half your max damage, it stands to reason that damage is a random number from 0 to your max damage (for that hit only). This is easiest to realize if you don't use STR boosting items, and have a consistent damage chance.

**Reason I'm saying it contradicts an RSOF post is that one Jagex mod mentioned that armor reduces the chance of higher damage by your opponent. As I've not noticed this, I wonder how much of it is true.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Can't acceess the postbag from where I currently am, but it seems that the letter to Azzanadra and the Mahjarrat's answer can tell us more than you would think at first sight.

I think quest 150 is heavily involved with strife between the Mahjarrat, perhaps even an allegiance to eliminate or at least criple Lucien, as he is getting to powerfull for the other Mahjarrat to be kept at bay.

Seeing the Mahjarrat are incontinual strife, perhaps you ally with Azzanadra (seeing as you have freed him he might be more gentler to you) to bring down Lucien. An Unholy Alliance for as long as you have a common enemy... oooh that would be nice.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I'll underline (in the quote) what I mean by the topic title...

Impertinent mortal,

Azzanadra

I do like the way they explained damage dealt, I hear "Nice hits nerd" because I hit 0s alot, I'm thinking honestly what do you want me to do? come round and beat you I can't do anything about my RS Damage counter.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I do like the way they explained damage dealt, I hear "Nice hits nerd" because I hit 0s alot, I'm thinking honestly what do you want me to do? come round and beat you I can't do anything about my RS Damage counter.

I get exactly the same thing. And you hardly ever see anyone go "Nice 23 man"

2v8sgvs.png

I only see these nice hit remarks when people make the hits themselves...

priest_wiz.png

I only see these nice hit remarks when people make the hits themselves...

That doesn't count, but i've seen it too.

2v8sgvs.png