STELLAR DAWN ( maybe the new name for mechscape )

sirlonewolf

I found this while searching for news about mechscape ( i can't wait to try it )

o70jf4.png

stellar dawn it sound like a space adventure so maybe it is mechscape's real name or a hole new mmo that jagex is working on

EDIT on 14-02-2009

[hide=Q & A about Mechscape by head of mechscape]Head Of Mechscape Answers Your Questions, from Mechscape World

Q & A about Mechscape on Mechscape World[/hide]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a new funorb game, or you could be dead right, the name for mechscape, and the name 'mechscape' could just be a codename they used for it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Maybe a new funorb game, or you could be dead right, the name for mechscape, and the name 'mechscape' could just be a codename they used for it.

a funorb game i did not think of that i hope not i want mechscape or stellar dawn :pray:

If you check the list closely, you will see that it contains both "Mechscape" and "Stellar Dawn".

yes that is true but mechscape was regested in 2005 and it could have been a codename used till the real name stellar dawn was regested.

One of the current theories is that it is the upcoming sci-fi FunOrb game which they released a wallpaper for, which could potentially be related to MechScape in the same way Armies of Gielinor is related to RuneScape. At the moment everything is merely speculation however. As I revealed on MechScape World they have the trademark and the domain, but nothing more is known for certain.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

This is a possibility. But why create a buzz around "Mechscape" to throw it out the window weeks prior to release day? Yeah I know the buzz is mainly hearsay and forum rumours, but there is a buzz nonetheless inside their core market and lots of RS players are awaiting "Mechscape". \'

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

But why create a buzz around "Mechscape" to throw it out the window weeks prior to release day?

They did say March at one point, but their latest statement was "Spring 2009" so there is no guarantee that MechScape will be released in March. Similarly, instead of MechScape it could be related to ThirdScape although that'd mean Jagex would have two space games (I assume one for the older demographic and one for the younger demographic).

ren_tbv450.png

But why create a buzz around "Mechscape" to throw it out the window weeks prior to release day?

They did say March at one point, but their latest statement was "Spring 2009" so there is no guarantee that MechScape will be released in March. Similarly, instead of MechScape it could be related to ThirdScape although that'd mean Jagex would have two space games (I assume one for the older demographic and one for the younger demographic).

Yeah I read most reports you make as I find it pretty interesting. As for the word "weeks", I nearly typed "months", let's assume I was refering to that spring release date. I can easily imagine a futuristic world with lots of civilised planets for a game while the other puts the characters in a kind of space exploration adventure more like modern day space exploration.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

What are the definitions of the parts in the 'type' and 'classes' columns, maybeknowing those could help figure out what type of trademark they have registered for, so then know what it is.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

What are the definitions of the parts in the 'type' and 'classes' columns, maybeknowing those could help figure out what type of trademark they have registered for, so then know what it is.

Class 09:

Downloadable telephone ring tones; downloadable screen-savers; downloadable wallpapers

Class 16:

Books; player's guides; instructional and teaching materials (except apparatus); printed publications; leaflets; brochures; posters

Class 25:

Articles of clothing; T-shirts; hats; caps

Class 28:

Toys, games and playthings; board games; playing cards

Class 41:

Entertainment services; electronic games services; provision of games by means of local computer networks, global computer networks, the internet, cable or wire communications services, wireless telecommunications services and broadband telecommunications services

...So the same as all their other games.

ren_tbv450.png

After searching around on that site i found a little bit more about the trade mark: Stellar Dawn

stellardawnqf9.png

If you look at the status square, you can see it's different classes. If you then look down box named "List of goods and services" you can see what the different classes means.

So in a quick guess, I have a feeling it's a shop site.

But also a slight chance to be a game site if you read class 41.

Edit: Darn, you are faster then me me.

And yes, it has the same classes as the other games, so it might be another game.

It's quite possible that it's the name of mechscape because Runescape was originally called Devious Mudd in it's early stages however, If there is more to that list the real name will be the one with more variations. If you noticed Runescape has many on their.

patr1ckotg1.png

It's quite possible that it's the name of mechscape because Runescape was originally called Devious Mudd in it's early stages however, If there is more to that list the real name will be the one with more variations. If you noticed Runescape has many on their.

thats kind of what i thought. I thought maybe they had codenamed it mechscape just to differentiate it from runescape, but not to give too much away except the futureistic part of it.

zqXeV.jpg

Nice find! I remember reading about something someone at Jagex said about a project in the works after Mechscape (vague, I know :| ) Here's to hoping we don't need to wait FOREVER like Mechscape which was registered a pretty long time ago :P.

Trapt45.png

Nope, it's Jagex's ultra secret high security new rip-off of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Nothing comes up when you google it, so nothing much has been released yet. I wouldn't worry about it since things like these might just be abandoned.