Potions in F2P....what the hell....

Zaaps1

NOTE: This is not a rant because F2P only has 3 potions (if you count the 1 that does nothing and the other 1 thats just for laughs).

Ok, for the first few years I've shrugged it off alright, but now I just can't. Maybe it's because I just lost members but...

IF YOU DRINK A STR POT IN F2P THEN LOG OUT, YOU LOSE THE POTION'S EFFECT!!!!!!! :evil:

I mean, honestly...what the hell Jagex?

As a member I'd always drink my super set during a task before I logged out, just so I wouldn't forget to when I logged back in. I do this in f2p and what do I find? I find I just wasted 1 dose of strength potion...

Right. Jagex is a company. So? What kind of idiot member is gonna call up Jagex, flame their head off, and end their membership because OHEMGEE??!? NONMEMBERS CAN DRINK POTIONS MORE EFFICIENTLY???!?!!!! HELLZ NO!!!!!! JAGEX IMA BOMB U!!!!!

-.-

I mean honestly this borders on pure idiocy. How come members can drink a potion and log out without fear when f2p can't. The way I see it, Jagex would have to DELIBERATELY write the script to do that. ON PURPOSE?!?! .....

There are many posts along the lines of "just don't log out". To which I say, you're missing the point and didn't read the ENDNOTE.

Many posts say "it was meant to stop abuse by members". Oh come on. You mean to tell me that Jagex can make complex drop tables taking into account tens or different variables to make sure everything is balanced but can't set a limit on the max strength boost on f2p worlds?

They could VERY EASILY negate the super set's effect if you try to do this. I'm 118 strength super potted, I'm like 111 regular potted. Obviously if I log in with a 114 strength bonus I cheated, so THEN IT WOULD BE FAIR to knock it down back to 99.

And simple math would make this apply to the other 98 levels too.

And common sense would make this apply to every other skill. If some kid logs in with 76/65 attack...well obviously...

[hide=Endnote]Maybe I am overreacting a bit. I mean, it is only about 300-400 gp for that one dose, and that's essentially nothing. But I plan out my brings very carefully. 1 load of cakes and 2 strength pots is just enough to get my by so that both run out at about the same time. This just messes everything up. It's extremely annoying.

What if you have a jumpy connection? You could easily have a whole potion swallowed by this.

What if you are pking? The extra time to pot up again could be vital.

What if you are a low level trainer with not a lot of money? Every gp counts.

What if you are like me and need literally thousands for potions for the next level goal? Every dose adds up. I'm probably going to end up wasting 100k or something in pots by the end of this...

See what I'm getting at here? Even though it's cheap, it is extremely annoying, and it DOES make a difference.[/hide]

That would be annoying, they must have (intentionally\unintentionally) left FTP out of the potion update a year or two ago. Have you tried the old standbys like opening the stats page\clicking on a stat\doing an emote etc.?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That would be annoying, they must have (intentionally\unintentionally) left FTP out of the potion update a year or two ago. Have you tried the old standbys like opening the stats page\clicking on a stat\doing an emote etc.?

Stats page one I can confirm does not work, the others I haven't heard about. What are they?

Stats page one I can confirm does not work, the others I haven't heard about. What are they?

Just some things I usually try when checking for glitches; log out while doing some normally 'uninterpretable' action.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then don't drink a Strength potion and log out.

Yep, just wait for the potion to wear of and then log out if it's that much of a hassle.

Sometimes you don't have control over this.

As I said my connection disconnects frequently, each time it does that it messes up what I am doing.

Plus you can't coordinate everything perfectly so the potion runs out perfectly at the time you need to log out.

As I said though, I may just be overreacting since I'm so used to doing that in members.

Yep, just wait for the potion to wear of and then log out if it's that much of a hassle.

Point is, it doesn't make sense. Therefore it should be changed. Sure, it'll probably not be that much of a hassle.. but it's a small nuisance for no good reason.

Point is, it doesn't make sense. Therefore it should be changed. Sure, it'll probably not be that much of a hassle.. but it's a small nuisance for no good reason.

Actually, what the guy said earlier about f2p negating potion effects on login to prevent members from getting an unfair advantage in f2p makes perfect sense.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Actually, what the guy said earlier about f2p negating potion effects on login to prevent members from getting an unfair advantage in f2p makes perfect sense.

It does. They would have to check to make sure your strength boost was only what a regular strength pot would give, and either knock it down or eliminate it if you were super setted.

DeviledEgg24.png

So its different in P2P?

I just kind of accepted it that you lose your boosted stats when you log out.

TBH it doesn't bother me. I guess this is a F2P rant I'm not supporting ... (:P feels weird)

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

i think it's that way to prevent members from drinking a potion on a p2p world, and then logging into a f2p world, thus gaining an unfair advantage

Why was this ignored? Makes perfect sense to me...

But members pay i should be able to have twice the effect, piety, and d claws on f2p worlds because i PAY. [/sarcasm]

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

i think it's that way to prevent members from drinking a potion on a p2p world, and then logging into a f2p world, thus gaining an unfair advantage

Oh come on. You mean to tell me that Jagex can make complex drop tables taking into account tens or different variables to make sure everything is balanced but can't set a limit on the max strength boost on f2p worlds?

As said earlier, they could VERY EASILY negate the super set's effect if you try to do this. I'm 118 strength super potted, I'm like 111 regular potted. Obviously if I log in with a 114 strength bonus I cheated, so THEN IT WOULD BE FAIR to knock it down back to 99.

Oh come on. You mean to tell me that Jagex can make complex drop tables taking into account tens or different variables to make sure everything is balanced but can't set a limit on the max strength boost on f2p worlds?

As said earlier, they could VERY EASILY negate the super set's effect if you try to do this. I'm 118 strength super potted, I'm like 111 regular potted. Obviously if I log in with a 114 strength bonus I cheated, so THEN IT WOULD BE FAIR to knock it down back to 99.

Hello Friend,

It would be fair.

Good luck bro.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

This was actually done back in 2004 to close a bug where members could drink potions (standard Attack/Defense) to gain an unfair advantage over others in the freeplay Wilderness. Doesn't seem right to me; it'd make more sense to give them the standard set of potions...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

This would be code designed to stop potting on mems worlds to gain advantage pk'ing in f2p wild (actualy I am almost certain about that being teh origin of this particular part of the game) way back when. Jagex almost certainly could have allowed a stregnth bonus to carry over, even under the original RS2 game engine (because the game exists as 2 versions [well now 4 because of pvp worlds), they somply could have set the f2p verson to limit stats boosts to what is possible on f2p), they probably did this for simplicity and to prevent any bugs.

The fact that a f2p world still wipes all stat boosts (except the one to prayer gained from the monestary I think) upon log in still has purpose. This prevents members from switing worlds to get even a measly strenghth bonus through other means with ease, or certain other permisable stats bonus via such thigns as summoning (surely at least one familiar gives a visible boost to mining, which nagates a need for swarven stout. While I agree this is still pointless, that might be the rationel.

This was actually done back in 2004 to close a bug where members could drink potions (standard Attack/Defense) to gain an unfair advantage over others in the freeplay Wilderness. Doesn't seem right to me; it'd make more sense to give them the standard set of potions...

Half the people already said this and offered a solution...Its only 15 posts to read....

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. :P

Blakdragon39.png

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. :P

I've addressed this already, I'll add it to the main post.