Armadyl Guide

Zemus3654

Got a few things to point out

-You have a few suggestions about equipment wrong, but Abby pointed them out.

-A rather unknown and pretty much costless alternative for your boots can be Jester Boots

-Not bringing Ruby Bolts(e) if you're above 85 Range is rather pointless, you should always take both Ruby(e) and Diamond(e), in fact the majority of teams require them.

-Unless your going with a really bad team your going to need way more pouches that that if you intend to stay until your potions run out. (Especially if you're using a Unicorn)

-You're going to need more Super Restore or Prayer Potions, especially if you're praying Eagle Eye.

-You didn't mention Enhanced Excalibur, since there's hardly any other spec weapon you can use besides Dark Bow which is rubbish at Armadyl, it's really worth taking.

-Hilts haven't been 64m for a very long time

-You should include the Elysian/Divine/Spectral Spirit Shield as well as the Blessed Spirit Shield

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few things to point out

-You have a few suggestions about equipment wrong, but Abby pointed them out.

-A rather unknown and pretty much costless alternative for your boots can be Jester Boots

-Not bringing Ruby Bolts(e) if you're above 85 Range is rather pointless, you should always take both Ruby(e) and Diamond(e), in fact the majority of teams require them.

-Unless your going with a really bad team your going to need way more pouches that that if you intend to stay until your potions run out. (Especially if you're using a Unicorn)

-You're going to need more Super Restore or Prayer Potions, especially if you're praying Eagle Eye.

-You didn't mention Enhanced Excalibur, since there's hardly any other spec weapon you can use besides Dark Bow which is rubbish at Armadyl, it's really worth taking.

-Hilts haven't been 64m for a very long time

-You should include the Elysian/Divine/Spectral Spirit Shield as well as the Blessed Spirit Shield

Yes this guide is almost a year old, thanks for the tips but i've pretty much aleady covered them :P (in my new one im writing up now). Almost done, should be another hour max.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

Good guide :) I have got loads of arma items too, although they have been mostly coinshared for 3+ people.

I wonder why you don't mention Mobilising Armies rings at all. I prefer using onyx (i) myself (all attack and defence bonuses +6) but sometims also archer ring (i) (+8 range attack).

One thing with which I don't agree with you is using boost prayers. Yes, for duo it's a must to use eagle eye prayer but for trio or more it's wasting super restores. At least after you have stopped using beast of burden and switched to using unicorn.

Also, I find using armadyl helmet is better than verac helm if you are doing with 4 or more people in team. I'm probably weirdo but i'm used to take both :D If I'm tanker then I use verac helm, if not, then armadyl helm.

Oh, I also think it's useful to use 10 minute countdown timer for prayer recharging at altar.

Maybe that's all :)

Edit. One more thing: If you are going to do those 6+ hour trips you should take care of automatic logging out at the 6 hour mark. At least for me it always happens and I have had to worry about it often.

Good guide :) I have got loads of arma items too, although they have been mostly coinshared for 3+ people.

I wonder why you don't mention Mobilising Armies rings at all. I prefer using onyx (i) myself (all attack and defence bonuses +6) but sometims also archer ring (i) (+8 range attack).

I was going to put it in, i use archer (i) myself but i don't think its worth the time getting it just for armadyl compared to the +4 bonus. It does help, but its not like a must-have.

One thing with which I don't agree with you is using boost prayers. Yes, for duo it's a must to use eagle eye prayer but for trio or more it's wasting super restores. At least after you have stopped using beast of burden and switched to using unicorn.

The boost prayers really do speed up kills, i always use eagle eye even for teams of 4, though i don't really go any higher than a trio. But yeah i do think the boost prays are worth it. Also i've been using the setup i've shown in this guide for a longtime now, this guide was just really outdated :P

Also, I find using armadyl helmet is better than verac helm if you are doing with 4 or more people in team. I'm probably weirdo but i'm used to take both :D If I'm tanker then I use verac helm, if not, then armadyl helm.

I too use an armadyl helm for Quad+, but for solo/duo/trio verac helm is better because of the def(less people for kilisa to focus on, so you get meleed more often. Also the prayer bonus is nice). Though i didnt think there would be too much demand for any gear pics for 4+, but i might get around to doing it later if enough people request it.

Oh, I also think it's useful to use 10 minute countdown timer for prayer recharging at altar.

It is help full, but i've never bothered with it. I just know that i can pray usually after every 3 kills, i'll end up forgetting about the timer :P

Edit. One more thing: If you are going to do those 6+ hour trips you should take care of automatic logging out at the 6 hour mark. At least for me it always happens and I have had to worry about it often.

Don't think i've ever been auto-logged from the 6 hour thing, maybe i have and just thought it was a disconection, my internet isnt the best :[, again i think this isn't really needed

Thanks for the comments, if you have anymore questions feel free to post them

zemus.gif

Might want to include what the pots are since even I don't recognize them all and their substitutes since I'm sure you have some extreme in there. :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

For 4+ People I think spectral is maybe better than Divine

But other than that Divine is very good - Better than Spectral I think :)

Yes Divine is only good for solo, and in some cases duo. For duo+ though Elysian and spectral are better, as they both have good bonuses for armadyl and do not drain prayer as divine does.

If you only had a divine and Dfs, i would use divine for solo and duo, and dfs for trio+.

Might want to include what the pots are since even I don't recognize them all and their substitutes since I'm sure you have some extreme in there. :P

I will edit the pictures to show which potions they are

zemus.gif

There, i have added a section which explains some of the more unusual items in my setups. Here is what i've added:

Here is a table showing some of the items i have used in these pics explaining them.

dboz2x.jpg

1: Enhanced Excalibur -- The enhanced excalibur is an excellent item for armadyl, dks, fight caves and much more. It's special heals you 20hp (goes up in increments of 4hp over 30seconds or so) as well as boosting your defence by 13. You need to complete Seers Diary 3 for this.

2: Bones to Peaches -- Because of the large amount of bones dropped in armadyl, bones to peaches definately comes in handy here. the amount of hp it saves you quickly builds up, and will save you many brews.

3: Grenwall Spikes -- Grenwall spikes are used to make extreme ranging potions. If you and your partner have the requirements (92 herblore) to make them, it is recomended you bring some along for all the ranging pot drops you get, to make them into extremes.

4: Extreme Range Pots -- Self explanitory, boosts range.

5: Super Prayer Potions - At 99 prayer, super prayer potions recover 41 prayer in one dose, instead of the 31 from a regular potion. If you have the reqs for these and are planning a long trip, these will help you alot.

6: Unholy Book -- You will need a zamorak item while getting Kc to keep the zamorak npc's off you. I use the unholy book, because it also comes in handy when killing armadyls minions inside of the boss room, when kree is dead. As it gives +8 range bonus, and +5 prayer bonus, which in the long run will save you some supplies.

Hope that helps

zemus.gif

I would just like to say thank you very much for remembering that not all players are crazily rich and are on tight budgets i followed the poor guide but still made enough (without dying) for 3 armadyls godswords and have since got all of them just a big thank you and a quick question do you have any other guides because i cant quite seem to find them perhaps a bandos guide?

Dragontale78

Heres a recent trip that i've done:

8 hour duo trip, got a hilt to me, and plate to my partner. Could've easily done 200+ Kc, but i took a couple too many brews instead of restores, also my partner ran out of unicorns, but oh well.

Well thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to post them and i will get back to you.

How do you control the urge to pee for 8 hours?

Or do you go when Kree'arra is dead and waiting for respawn?

Excellent guide.

I've read it a few times and always liked it.

Once I hit the 85+ range level I've always said I'll get before arma I'll use it a lot.

8 hours is truly epic, I'm lucky if I can keep at any one boss for 3 hours.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i went before the trip and didn't need to go again :#

Wow, you certainly keep a tight grip on your bladder.

Anyway, would you recommend using overloads if one has access to them?

As your range will be constantly at max even if you sip brew.

This also has the advantage of being able to swap Sup Res out for more Extreme Prayer.

Also, what would you estimate as your average profit per hour for Armadyl with Pro Duo?

In addition, why do you not recommend the use of Steel Skin to further increase defence?

Thanks.

i went before the trip and didn't need to go again :#

Wow, you certainly keep a tight grip on your bladder.

Anyway, would you recommend using overloads if one has access to them? As your range will be constantly at max even if you sip brew.

This also has the advantage of being able to swap Sup Res out for more Extreme Prayer.

I would only use overloads for soloing, for any boss. (other than very small corp teams, but thats a different topic). 1) They only last about 5mins, whereas extreme ranging pots last about 20. 2) For duo+ you really won't be using that]/i] many brews, overload won't have much of an effect.

Also, what would you estimate as your average profit per hour for Armadyl with Pro Duo?

It really is hard to say, you could be lucky and get 2 hilts in an hour, or go through the whole trip without one drop, it's all about luck. In terms of the lesser drops (20k coins, rune cbow etc). You should break about even, in terms of all the bolts you're using and potions, b2p tabs, familar scrolls. You will lose some cash if you don't get any major drops, but it shouldn't be too much if you're picking up a majority of the lesser drops.

In addition, why do you not recommend the use of Steel Skin to further increase defence?

Thanks i will add that in, personally i use it when soloing, and if i'm getting piled hard when duoing (though i don't use it when i'm near full HP and still have my unicorn specials, and when i'm not being piled).

zemus.gif

I looked now your inventories again and noticed you don't take alchings with you. I find them worth taking, at least for trio or more. Just 1 person need to take and share them when needed. In 6+ hours you are getting quite many alchable items ( mainly black d'hide bodies and various rune items). It's not really wasting inventory space either because you take fire runes for teleport and Kree drops natures.

Being lunar mage works too for both duo and more persons. (Remember it gives only 1 extra dose per cast. If you share for 3 person you'll use 2 doses) . If you share (normal) prayer pots 1 dose gives double the amount of prayer points (62) than it would normally give. Another person can trade ppots for the one on lunars. It's true that runes take up 2-3 spaces (depends on if you use mud staff/runes or water+earth rune stock, I recommend normal runes so no need to keep equipping staff when being busy) but 2 sharing 2-3 pots makes up that loss already. If you are on normal range pots you can share those too.

About defencive prayers, I don't use them if I have food drops from minions on me. If i don't have them then I use.

I would only use overloads for soloing, for any boss. (other than very small corp teams, but thats a different topic). 1) They only last about 5mins, whereas extreme ranging pots last about 20. 2) For duo+ you really won't be using that]/i] many brews, overload won't have much of an effect.

It really is hard to say, you could be lucky and get 2 hilts in an hour, or go through the whole trip without one drop, it's all about luck. In terms of the lesser drops (20k coins, rune cbow etc). You should break about even, in terms of all the bolts you're using and potions, b2p tabs, familar scrolls. You will lose some cash if you don't get any major drops, but it shouldn't be too much if you're picking up a majority of the lesser drops.

Thanks for the reply.

But I am confused about one thing: How do you make 1 dose of xtreme range last 20 min? Because if you brew just once it will go down.

Also, from a purely moneymaking perspective (ie. disregarding any exp gained), would you recommend someone to do Solo/Pro Duo or something that generates a constant 1m/h (eg. double nats)? Assuming max stats and equip for Solo/Pro Duo.

I looked now your inventories again and noticed you don't take alchings with you. I find them worth taking, at least for trio or more. Just 1 person need to take and share them when needed. In 6+ hours you are getting quite many alchable items ( mainly black d'hide bodies and various rune items). It's not really wasting inventory space either because you take fire runes for teleport and Kree drops natures.

Yeah you can take alchings with you, added up you make abit of cash from it. Personally i don't because, theres only a couple of common drops which are worth alching: Rune c bow, and black d'hide body, so not alot. It isn't like bandos or sara where they drop rune items and other good alchables really common, but still take them if you wish. Also Kree does drop nature runes, but Very rarely. If you are planning on taking alchs, take your own nature runes too.

Being lunar mage works too for both duo and more persons. (Remember it gives only 1 extra dose per cast. If you share for 3 person you'll use 2 doses) . If you share (normal) prayer pots 1 dose gives double the amount of prayer points (62) than it would normally give. Another person can trade ppots for the one on lunars. It's true that runes take up 2-3 spaces (depends on if you use mud staff/runes or water+earth rune stock, I recommend normal runes so no need to keep equipping staff when being busy) but 2 sharing 2-3 pots makes up that loss already. If you are on normal range pots you can share those too.

That is actually a pretty good idea :P, never thought of that.

About defencive prayers, I don't use them if I have food drops from minions on me. If i don't have them then I use.

I generally don't use them and rarely have to use any sara brew on a kill (for duo+) if i have my unicorn out. Depending on you and your teams stats/gear, prayer is alot more important than Hp(brews), and you have to be careful as to not wasting it.

zemus.gif

Thanks for the reply.

But I am confused about one thing: How do you make 1 dose of xtreme range last 20 min? Because if you brew just once it will go down.

With Good stats/gear, and a unicorn you can easily go many kills without using a brew, even duoing.

Also, from a purely moneymaking perspective (ie. disregarding any exp gained), would you recommend someone to do Solo/Pro Duo or something that generates a constant 1m/h (eg. double nats)? Assuming max stats and equip for Solo/Pro Duo.

I would Duo armadyl, if you had good stats and gear to last atleast 100+ Kc.

zemus.gif

Would Zamorak Vambraces be a better replacement for Barrows gloves?

By switching to Zammy Vambs, you lose 1 range attack and 6 melee def, but gain 2 magic def.

It is also a Zammy item, allowing you to free up 1 more slot by not bringing Unholy Book.

And as Cantristenon stated, a solo section would be nice.

Would Zamorak Vambraces be a better replacement for Barrows gloves?

By switching to Zammy Vambs, you lose 1 range attack and 6 melee def, but gain 2 magic def.

It is also a Zammy item, allowing you to free up 1 more slot by not bringing Unholy Book.

And as Cantristenon stated, a solo section would be nice.

Both Zamorak Vams and Unholy book are good, as i said i personally go with the unholy book so i can use on the minions because of the +8 range and +5 prayer, in the end it will all add up.

But yeah zammy vams are good too, similar stats to barrows gloves and it will save you an invent space, upto you really :>

Also i'll work on a solo section later then, thanks for the feedback

zemus.gif