Runescape Red Nose Day/Comic Relief

Danqazmlp

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'm glad there has been some positive feedback.

I'll try to add soem brainstorming to a few of the questions that have come up.

A limit of maybe one red nose per account, or a limit on how much jagex would donate would be a good way to stop this ruining jagex, but still give them the good publicity, for example, 20p per red nose sold ingame donated to comic relief, up to a limit of £400,000. Maybe even 2 different types of red noses, one for people who buy the red nose for cash, and one for people who buy for ingame GP. The ones brought for ingame GP could be fairly expensive and only last for the event, whereas ones brought for £ could last forever (maybe even turn into rares(untradeable)). these would only be around 30p each, but en mass would raise a lot of money.

The benefit to Jagex as a company would be enormous. I would estimate that a very high % of British people watch the live telethon show, and if the name of Jagex was said on the show, and if the way they were raising money got shown, it would be an incredible boost to publicity. It's hard to explain to a Non-British person how big Red nose day is, But i would compare it to thanksgiving in America, if all the weeks of fund-raising were compressed into one day of events.

Paying for an in-game item? Doesn't sound JAGeX-like to me.

priest_wiz.png

After this slayer task, ima manip a red nose onto my characters face. :D

Oh, and they should totally have Lenny Henry in game as the person who does the Red Nose event. :D

Another oh, they could put red noses on some random monsters such as the KBD, Guards, Revenants ect.

AvantGardeSignaturev3.png

Horrible idea if it's like thankgiving event i'll boycott runescape for a couple of days, thanksgiving event was one of the worst things ever to happen to runescape. I know many people believe in it but I don't see why it should be inflicted on those who game from out side usa and canada. Could argue that against christmas, halloween and easter events but at the end of the day it's a british game and should have british holidays. Comic relief is not a holiday just a day where tv presenters get paid lots of money and some money goes to charity. There is little point and much better ways to donate e.g. instead of donating money find out what those charities do and buy equipment for them afterall most CEOs of charities drive expensive cars and live in big houses.

*WARNING* I may had missed the point slightly but nevermind.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

Horrible idea if it's like thankgiving event i'll boycott runescape for a couple of days, thanksgiving event was one of the worst things ever to happen to runescape. I know many people believe in it but I don't see why it should be inflicted on those who game from out side usa and canada. Could argue that against christmas, halloween and easter events but at the end of the day it's a british game and should have british holidays. Comic relief is not a holiday just a day where tv presenters get paid lots of money and some money goes to charity. There is little point and much better ways to donate e.g. instead of donating money find out what those charities do and buy equipment for them afterall most CEOs of charities drive expensive cars and live in big houses.

Runescape is a MMORPG wich is played by people from all over the world, with different cultures, languages and believes. Saying it would only need British-based events is just stupid and silly.

priest_wiz.png

Its a good idea but it just wont happen. Since it only affects a small minority of Runescape users it just wont work. If people are intereseted in it why not just donate a months RS membership it would be a lot easier.

I'm all for them placing a link on the website, but considering how many charity events there are globally it would be biased just to do one. Charityscape anyone? :roll:

Btw i donate to both Comic Relief and Children in need every year.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Runescape is a MMORPG wich is played by people from all over the world, with different cultures, languages and believes. Saying it would only need British-based events is just stupid and silly.

Well should have traditional holidays then thankgiving is not a tradition and is not a real holiday. Christmas and easter is but I don't know about halloween I think that's just been made up in past 50 years. Comic relief does not seem right, they can donate but through an event which the developers of the event could be using there time to imrpove the game not make a random 1 day event that is going to be rubbish anyway which is why I boycotted the Thanksgiving event as it was a waste of the developers time.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

I can't see how Jagex directly or indirectly benefit from this so I can't see it taking place.

Ever heard of something called advertsing?

To me this sounds like a great idea too, even though it will probably be a very big project. Jagex might do it, but not this year, to late for that. But if we go together and suggest this...They might do it ::'

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well should have traditional holidays then thankgiving is not a tradition and is not a real holiday. Christmas and easter is but I don't know about halloween I think that's just been made up in past 50 years. Comic relief does not seem right, they can donate but through an event which the developers of the event could be using there time to imrpove the game not make a random 1 day event that is going to be rubbish anyway which is why I boycotted the Thanksgiving event as it was a waste of the developers time.

And what is there not traditional about Thanksgiving?

priest_wiz.png

It's irrelevent to the world, Christmas has been celebrated by all people (including winter equinnox which is basically christmas anyway although without presents and jesus) so is easter (spring equinnox) infact easter means equinnox as that means equal day. Halloween idk about that. Therefore thanksgiving is not traditional.

Mister-know-it-all thinks he knows it all how ironic.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

It's irrelevent to the world, Christmas has been celebrated by all people (including winter equinnox which is basically christmas anyway although without presents and jesus) so is easter (spring equinnox) infact easter means equinnox as that means equal day. Halloween idk about that. Therefore thanksgiving is not traditional.

Mister-know-it-all thinks he knows it all how ironic.

Thanksgiving lies at the root of the foundation of America.

Irrelevant to the world. Don't make me laugh.

priest_wiz.png

• 1 month later...

Well i thoguht i would bump this instead of creating a new topic about it (i think i made this one a bit too far before comic relief actually happened)

Tonight is/was comic relief night, when i last looked it had raised over £33 million, and in a time of recession all over the world, that's enormous. I myself donated £10 during the night, not alot but hey, i work in a supermarket and i'm saving up for uni :cry: .

I had another idea for how this could work relating to runescape during the night.

A perminent Red nose for your character in the first year, the second year maybe a big round red suit for your char (like if you've ever seen the plum event thing on takeshi's castle you'l know what i mean), and different items every year, but only wearable for the two weeks leading up to comic releif, but you can keep them in your POH the whole year.

You would start at the first item for your first red nose day, then go to the next item on your next etc.

The price for the item could be level dependant, either your total or combat level*100, so it's not a high price, but not so low as to have no thought over it either. One item per year per character, and for this jagex could donate 20p to the cause. Unfortunately this idea would have to be members only, to limit the amount jagex would give so they don't go bankrupt. However, maybe people who do choose to buy a red nose, could get a box of 10 ingame temp red noses to give to f2p?

Would also be good if you could donate straight through jagex to comic releif (they are always expanding the ways you can donate) using your current payment details (or new payment details if you are f2p) choosing how much you wish to give.

Anyway, big ol' red nosed bump.

rnd.png

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

sounds to me like legalized RWT'ing.

You wouldn't pay RL money for the items, so in no way whatsoever is it RWT.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

People take rwt too seriously in this case. Its 'ok' for jagex to do it in all honesty but they choose not to and for good reasons. This however would be for charity and they gain nothing from it.

Its like saying its wrong to steal your own furniture. Well infact its ok.. Its wrong for someone /else/ to steal it then sell it but its ok for yourself to sell it. Its just a bad idea to sell your furniture in bulk when its pixels that can be duplicated. It takes away all the challenge from the game.

This would be irrelevant in this case as the money goes to charity making it a good cause. The item itself is useless and will disappear after a while.

Its like buying a special status on a forum when you donate to help the forum out. Except you lose it after a while and the money goes to charity.

RWT equals membership too...

In my opinion, Comic Relief would make a better 'Holiday Event' than Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving a chance where you get to sit at a table and eat a huge meal whilst thinking about how the less fortunate don't have any food and can barely afford to live.

On the other hand, Comic Relief or 'Red Nose Day is a charity first organised in 1985 that's raised over £600 million, all donations by the public are given directly to charity, operating and staff costs are covered by corporate sponsors.

A 'Red Nose Day' in Runescape is a great idea, though I think aswell that it should cost gp (in-game money), it would be an untradeable holiday item, one nose per player and that however many noses are sold, a certain amount of money is donated to Comic Relief.

What is everyone on about publicity for? It's not like they're going to announce that Jagex has raised 'X' amount of money :roll:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

no way this is going to happen!

Oh well if you say so.

I think it's a great idea really. I doubt it would happen, but it would sure be nice to have a red nose in Runescape. It's nothing like RWT, even if they said 'buy the noses for 100 gp ingame and we'll donate 10p per nose sold to Comic relief'.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Jagex did hold a Red Nose day event not long ago.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Jagex did hold a Red Nose day event not long ago.

They did?

zqXeV.jpg