Ideas on what to do in GIMP?

Hawks

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

So I have a friend who is quite accomplished at GIMP; he routinely does photomanips which generally involve removing hands/eyes/faces/etc. and does quite a good job at it. Anyway, he's not much into sigmaking or animations, and so what else can be done with GIMP? Any random ideas would be appreciated or specific things to do with GIMP.

Also, he doesn't have any extra plug-ins or brushes yet, I'm hoping to remedy that soon, if you've got a brush set or plug in to reccomend, please do.

Well, it is open source so the real question is what can't it do.... but anyway, fractals, backgrounds, banners, image maps, websites, tutorials, brushes, fonts?, and so on.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Well it's a bitmap programme, just like Paint or Photoshop. Therefore anything you can make in those you can make in GIMP.

It's more a question of format, you can't make vectors or 3D stuff, but anything you can physically see on a screen you can replicate. Vectors and 3D art are still represented on the screen via pixels so you could make that, but only one static image, and it won't be scalable.

spacescenev24.jpg

^
Anyway' date=' he's not much into sigmaking or [b']animations[/b]

---

fractals, backgrounds, banners, image maps, websites, tutorials, brushes, fonts

ahh, i see nao

[hide=?]How can somebody possible resist mudkipz? :twss:[/hide]

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Well it's a bitmap programme, just like Paint or Photoshop. Therefore anything you can make in those you can make in GIMP.

It's more a question of format, you can't make vectors or 3D stuff, but anything you can physically see on a screen you can replicate. Vectors and 3D art are still represented on the screen via pixels so you could make that, but only one static image, and it won't be scalable.

Aren't there GIMP plugins that create 3D images and that kind of stuff?